RobR...the floor is yours!

13 minutes ago, RobR said:

I can't rehash it all out here but I've been pretty consistent and posted a ton of tape and interviews. We'll have the best LT in the league within 3 years. 

Awesome!  Do you follow college football and the draft closely?  You like this pick it seems. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

I can summarize some of his posts - from a *really* high level.

Becton is *not* a workout warrior (despite what some people on here seem to think).  He wasn't drafted only on measurables.  His tape is great.

But also, his measurables are amazing...  :-)

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, RobR said:

I can't rehash it all out here but I've been pretty consistent and posted a ton of tape and interviews. We'll have the best LT in the league within 3 years. 

I want to be positive. He's the most talented. When he turns it on he's the best in the draft. I don't like praying for effort or trying one quarter versus the next

5 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Becton is *not* a workout warrior (despite what some people on here seem to think).  He wasn't drafted only on measurables.  His tape is great.

Wait you’re saying this Becton has actually played football before?!?!?

From the reactions I assumed he was just some guy who turned up at the combine for the snacks.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Just add in that he's not some fat slob and shouldn't try and cut 20 lbs. He's a fit 360lbs.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If we get the effort, if his weight stays under control, and if his drug issue was truly a one-off like Laremy Tunsil's seemed to be, then we got the guy!!  He's fleet-footed monster!

#PlanetTheory from Bill Parcells

We passed on Dan Marino and Warren Sapp because of the pot issue, maybe it’s better to grab a guy who likes some dope...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm having the same problems here understanding the criticism. 3-year starter, both positions, Jacobs trophy, high projections prior to his final year. The fact that his workout numbers are freakish only solidifies the credentials: Aside from the drug test, which we have no idea the context, what's the problem? 

we actually drafted a non-qb 1st round offensive prospect for the first time in like 15 years. That is like the biggest blue ball release ever. 

The dropoff between the top 4 guys and the next tier is real. Becton wasn’t my favorite of the OL prospects because of risk and lack of polish, but he has carrying traits that can’t be taught. Outside of the obvious body frame, he finishes as a run blocker and has a mean streak. He moves And ragdolls people and has shown he can use his leverage effectively. For a guy his size, his feet are pretty good and he’s not stiff which is astounding for his size. 

The things that worry me are things i won’t have an answer to. Will he be able to refine his technique in his first contract? Will he be able to handle speed rushers effectively? Can he mainain stamina throughout a game? 

Saying he’s a workout warrior is just lazy, the guy is a legit player imo. He’s just going to have to put in a lot of work to reach his potential. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

we actually drafted a non-qb 1st round offensive prospect for the first time in like 15 years. That is like the biggest blue ball release ever. 

The dropoff between the top 4 guys and the next tier is real. Becton wasn’t my favorite of the OL prospects because of risk and lack of polish, but he has carrying traits that can’t be taught. Outside of the obvious body frame, he finishes as a run blocker and has a mean streak. He moves And ragdolls people and has shown he can use his leverage effectively. For a guy his size, his feet are pretty good and he’s not stiff which is astounding for his size. 

The things that worry me are things i won’t have an answer to. Will he be able to refine his technique in his first contract? Will he be able to handle speed rushers effectively? Can he mainain stamina throughout a game? 

Saying he’s a workout warrior is just lazy, the guy is a legit player imo. He’s just going to have to put in a lot of work to reach his potential. 

Sounds good.  We got nothing but time. 

1 hour ago, RobR said:

So... what happens between now and then, genuine question.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Sam Darnold moves On to be a back up for the next decade? No too shabby 

Sort of what I was getting at. By the time Becton "comes into his own", Darnold will either be on another team, or crippled. 

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

So... what happens between now and then, genuine question.

We'll have a rookie that struggles at times just like the rest of them. By year two he's a pro bowler and by year three he's the best OT in the league. People like Becton don't grow on trees.....he's a generational prospect. 

• Upvote 3