V Smith

Berrios

Doctson

Jeff Smith

Josh Malone

Jehu Chesson

Campbell

Cager

Better hope Herndon and Griffin are a go.  Not one proven guy in the group outside of Crowder.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

A bunch of what?

Mims who I said on my real account I had rated with Jeudy and Lamb. I said it here after the first round that I had them as my top 3. We got him, Perriman is basically a faster Robby. We also got Herndon back with a better line also

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Mims who I said on my real account I had rated with Jeudy and Lamb. I said it here after the first round that I had them as my top 3. We got him, Perriman is basically a faster Robby. We also got Herndon back with a better line also

Ah. This old chestnut.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Ah. This old chestnut.

You can hate the take. I like that you're not against the rest I said. Robby was a deep threat with questionable hands. You like Mims and whatever comes out of camp this year or Robby better? Ignoring the fact he's an idiot looking for a suspension 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

You can hate the take. I like that you're not against the rest I said. Robby was a deep threat with questionable hands. You like Mims and whatever comes out of camp this year or Robby better? Ignoring the fact he's an idiot looking for a suspension 

The take is just demonstrably wrong.

He’s nearly doubled Perriman’s production over the last four years. Had a good 6 games in a completely insane downfield offence while Robby was in the same sh*tty situation people use to excuse Darnold’s performances.

The notion that Perriman is better or even as good as Robby would be laughed at by any objective analysis. Rightfully so.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He’s nearly doubled Perriman’s production over the last four years. Had a good 6 games in a completely insane downfield offence while Robby was in the same sh*tty situation people use to excuse Darnold’s performances.

The notion that Perriman is better or even as good as Robby would be laughed at by any objective analysis. Rightfully so.

We'll see this year. I don't know how you don't find this group of receivers better. We also got a line. We're going to forget Robby by week 2

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

We'll see this year. I don't know how you don't find this group of receivers better. We also got a line. We're going to forget Robby by week 2

I didn’t say I don’t find the group better. A lot depends on Mims. It’s certainly a less proven group with more potential overall.

Anyone banking on Perriman’s last 6 games of 2019 being the norm in this offence is likely going to be disappointed. 

• Upvote 1

This WR corps and offensive cast is so bad its laughable. Are we really gonna throw Darnold into the fire again with George frickin Fant and a rookie left tackle, to pair with a former 1st rd bust and a 2nd rd unproven player on the outside at WR?? Good lord. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

43 minutes ago, Barton said:

This WR corps and offensive cast is so bad its laughable. Are we really gonna throw Darnold into the fire again with George frickin Fant and a rookie left tackle, to pair with a former 1st rd bust and a 2nd rd unproven player on the outside at WR?? Good lord. 

I’ll have you know I’ve read that Perriman is even better than Anderson. It’s the stats that lie.

Also Chris Herndon aka black Tony Gonzalez is back. You forget yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

If I'm being honest, I'm less concerned about our WR group this year than I was last year. If Perriman can replicate 75% of Robbies production and Mims contributes we are better off than last season.

My concern is if Herndon can come back in and be the TE we envisioned. If he does, than I'm fine with our weapons this year.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I appreacite the fact that you gave Mims a very good grade on your draft board.  The grade I gave him on my draft board might be twice as  high as he one on your draft board.  This does not mean he has proven anything.

10 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

If I'm being honest, I'm less concerned about our WR group this year than I was last year. If Perriman can replicate 75% of Robbies production and Mims contributes we are better off than last season.

My concern is if Herndon can come back in and be the TE we envisioned. If he does, than I'm fine with our weapons this year.

Except Perriman has had 50% of Robby’s production throughout his career.  And we have little reason to believe Herndon will stay healthy and give us anything.  But if either him or Griffin stay healthy, just one of them - I think the TE position will be okay.  Not great, but competent. 

Letting Robby go was a big hit and mind boggling as to why we would have let our only legitimate NFL threat go when we were so deplete of resources.     

• Upvote 1

We need to add another WR and a decent one. The notion that Perriman is a faster Robby is just untrue. Robby’s production almost doubles Perrimans in the same time and apart from a 6 game stretch last year Perriman has been a jag.   

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We need to add another WR and a decent one. The notion that Perriman is a faster Robby is just untrue. Robby’s production almost doubles Perrimans in the same time and apart from a 6 game stretch last year Perriman has been a jag.   

I think they wait things out and see what it takes to add Alshon Jeffrey.  Philly could just cut him before the season and he already knows Gase's system.  

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I appreacite the fact that you gave Mims a very good grade on your draft board.  The grade I gave him on my draft board might be twice as  high as he one on your draft board.  This does not mean he has proven anything.

So what are you saying? You want Joe D to do what every other Jet GM has done which is BUY high priced free agents? The guys he grabbed, Perriman, Doctson, are not being asked to carry the load. That will be on Mims, Crowder, Herndon, Bell. Many, many WRs in this league took more time to develop than others. Belichick stopped drafting WRs high because their inexperience drove Brady mad. As Darnold develops & sees the field better these guys will get plenty of opportunities to make plays. 

Its a catch 22, your worried about a rookie starting at LT, you don't like Fant? I mean your team has to start somewhere. It's impossible to not throw high picks into the fire here & there. That's the NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

So what are you saying? You want Joe D to do what every other Jet GM has done which is BUY high priced free agents? The guys he grabbed, Perriman, Doctson, are not being asked to carry the load. That will be on Mims, Crowder, Herndon, Bell. Many, many WRs in this league took more time to develop than others. Belichick stopped drafting WRs high because their inexperience drove Brady mad. As Darnold develops & sees the copied better these guys will get plenty of opportunities to make plays. 

Its a catch 22, your worried about a rookie starting at LT, you don't like Fant? I mean your team has to start somewhere. It's impossible to not throw high picks into the fire here & there. That's the NFL. 

No, I'm saying that when you look at the bust rate of WR's, it's surprising that he didn't take more WR's in a historically deep class.  He's betting on himself and that alone shows he has infintely more balls than Mac did.  If it works out, fantastic.  If not, the decision to go RB2 and QB2 over WR will be on par with Idzik's 3 WR busts and Mac not taking a single corner in a crazy deep class a few years ago.  

12 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I still can't believe Robbie Anderson was our #1 WR? So our starting WR never broke a tackle EVER! Perriman broke more tackles in the last 5 games of last year than Anderson broke in his Jet career. 

It can't only be about 3 deep ball TDs a year. Joe D agrees with me & that's why RA is in Carolina. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

No, I'm saying that when you look at the bust rate of WR's, it's surprising that he didn't take more WR's in a historically deep class.  He's betting on himself and that alone shows he has infintely more balls than Mac did.  If it works out, fantastic.  If not, the decision to go RB2 and QB2 over WR will be on par with Idzik's 3 WR busts and Mac not taking a single corner in a crazy deep class a few years ago.  

It's hard enough playing 1 rookie WR, you want to start 2 instead of Perriman & Doctson, 2 guys that at least know how to play in the NFL? He grabbed Cager & Campbell to develop. Even if he grabbed another guy after Mims, the odds of that guy getting meaningful snaps in 2020 are slim to none. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I still can't believe Robbie Anderson was our #1 WR? So our starting WR never broke a tackle EVER! Perriman broke more tackles in the last 5 games of last year than Anderson broke in his Jet career. 

It can't only be about 3 deep ball TDs a year. Joe D agrees with me & that's why RA is in Carolina. 

He’a a WR not a running back. Route running and separation are a lot more important than breaking tackles. 

Robby cost twice as much as Perriman. That’s why he’s in Carolina.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Current WR depth chart is:

Perriman

Mims

Crowder

V Smith

Berrios

Doctson

Jeff Smith

Josh Malone

Jehu Chesson

Campbell

Cager

Better hope Herndon and Griffin are a go.  Not one proven guy in the group outside of Crowder.

true enough but just when did the jets know keyshawn and chrebet were going to be good.  the point is they all have to start somewhere.  perriman may be able to carry over his last few games with tampa and berrios has shown capable of returning punts.  smith made some good catches last season.  hopefully mims will reverse the previous trend of of hansen, devon smith, stewart, amaro, et al.  now it's up to the coaches to separate the good players from the chaff.

• Upvote 2

Just now, rangerous said:

true enough but just when did the jets know keyshawn and chrebet were going to be good.  the point is they all have to start somewhere.  perriman may be able to carry over his last few games with tampa and berrios has shown capable of returning punts.  smith made some good catches last season.  hopefully mims will reverse the previous trend of of hansen, devon smith, stewart, amaro, et al.  now it's up to the coaches to separate the good players from the chaff.

Keyshawn was projected to be a generational talent. Not really comparable to Mims or Perriman.

The Colts entering the season in 2012 with Andrew Luck was not really the same as us entering 2013 with Geno. 

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Keyshawn was projected to be a generational talent. Not really comparable to Mims or Perriman.

The Colts entering the season in 2012 with Andrew Luck was not really the same as us entering 2013 with Geno. 

i get that.  chrebet wasn't a generational talent.  my main point is these guys, especially rookies, all have to start somewhere.  some will catch on be really good while others just won't get the hang of things, on and off the field, and fail.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Current WR depth chart is:

Perriman

Mims

Crowder

V Smith

Berrios

Doctson

Jeff Smith

Josh Malone

Jehu Chesson

Campbell

Cager

At least 5 of those guys will be cut.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The thing you are not taking into considerstion is Perriman was never the first option on any of the teams he played on while Anderson was while he was here. Not saying either is a #1, it's  just there were no other viable options on the Jets as far as a WR goes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Except Perriman has had 50% of Robby’s production throughout his career.  And we have little reason to believe Herndon will stay healthy and give us anything.  But if either him or Griffin stay healthy, just one of them - I think the TE position will be okay.  Not great, but competent. 

Letting Robby go was a big hit and mind boggling as to why we would have let our only legitimate NFL threat go when we were so deplete of resources.     

I agree it wasn't the best move to dump RA and put in Perriman. It might pan out ok though.

Still, I feel better about our O this year. It should be better, just gotta wait and see I guess.

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The thing you are not taking into considerstion is Perriman was never the first option on any of the teams he played on while Anderson was while he was here. Not saying either is a #1, it's  just there were no other viable options on the Jets as far as a WR goes.

It’s almost like there’s a reason Robby was a first option and Perriman was not.

Robby going from an UDFA to first choice WR is a reflection of his ability and performances.

Perriman going from a first round pick to being cut from two teams is a reflection of his ability and performances. 

Robby being a #1 in a much worse offence also means he’s facing better defenders, getting more attention and less favourable matchups. There is not a single justification for ranking Perriman above or around Robby as a WR in the NFL - It’s beyond ludicrous. This farcical notion is reflected in their stats, in their contracts and in their standing on the depth chart.

If anyone hasn’t taken this into consideration it’s you.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1