2010 IND Playoff Game

KRL

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Was never able to develop the consistency across a 60 minute game, but he had his share of great moments in those first two seasons.

defo a wild ride for a minute...

remember that crazy lowering his head td run vs the titans? 

even the stoopit hotdog routine was funny

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Nice to see these playoff highlights but Sanchez was incredibly
inaccurate.  He missed multiple layup TD's 

Yes, in his worst playoff game as a pro, Mark Sanchez led the Jets on his 6th miracle 4th quarter drive of the season to turn a certain loss into a thrilling win.

Mark Sanchez is the only reason the Jets even made the playoffs in 2010.  If not for his bailing out the defense against Houston, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, and Pittsburgh, the Jets go 6-10 instead of 11-5.

But, yeah, paint a negative picture.  Because you.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Lith said:

The thing about Sanchez back then that made me think he could be special was how he elevated his play late in the game.  He  may have been one of the reassons why the team was trailing late in games, but he was better in those pressure moments late.  He led so many game comebacks in his first two seasons, including this game, on the road, in the playoffs.

60 minute game, but he had his share of great moments in those first two seasons.

You just described Joe Namath to a tee.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, Sout0266 said:

Coming out after half and running the ball down their throats capped by the lt touchdown was probably my favorite moment as jet fan

It was great, but beating the #1 seed the next week in their home (where all the cheating and BS is amplified) after the 45-3 debacle on MNF...that was as high a moment for me as I’ve ever had as a Jets fan. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We havent been to the playoffs since he left....   

Because instead of keeping Tannenbaum, Schottenheimer, and Sanchez and dumping the awful Rex Ryan, our genius owner in the name of an incredibly gullible fanbase did the exact opposite.

SAR I

I recall  two things from the late game hilights of that game.

One was Collinsworth I think it was totally calling the big play to Bryalon Edwards down the sideline before the play happened.

The other was actually hearing Nick Folk yell over the crowd noise after nailing the game winning FG.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I recall  two things from the late game hilights of that game.

One was Collinsworth I think it was totally calling the big play to Bryalon Edwards down the sideline before the play happened.

The other was actually hearing Nick Folk yell over the crowd noise after nailing the game winning FG.

I think it was a play or two before That he had braylon open deep but I don't think he ever looked his way.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, in his worst playoff game as a pro, Mark Sanchez led the Jets on his 6th miracle 4th quarter drive of the season to turn a certain loss into a thrilling win.

Mark Sanchez is the only reason the Jets even made the playoffs in 2010.  If not for his bailing out the defense against Houston, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, and Pittsburgh, the Jets go 6-10 instead of 11-5.

But, yeah, paint a negative picture.  Because you.

SAR I

He wasn't the only reason but he was a huge reason why and he gets no respect from the same fanbase that will recall fondly Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brett favre.

56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because instead of keeping Tannenbaum, Schottenheimer, and Sanchez and dumping the awful Rex Ryan, our genius owner in the name of an incredibly gullible fanbase did the exact opposite.

SAR I

They all should have stayed.  The dismantling of the franchise started when they let Brian go, continued when they let tannenbaum go and was completely destroyed when they hired Idzik.

57 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He wasn't the only reason but he was a huge reason why and he gets no respect from the same fanbase that will recall fondly Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brett favre.

Yes.  It's outrageous that they heap praise on Pennington (injuries, sacks), Favre (concealed injury), Testaverde (one good season), O'Brien (loser), and Fitzpatrick (one good season), and hate on Mark.

They ran Mark Sanchez out of town instead of realizing he needed coaching and consistent receivers to bond with.  Fools.

59 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They all should have stayed.  The dismantling of the franchise started when they let Brian go, continued when they let tannenbaum go and was completely destroyed when they hired Idzik.

Exactly.  We should have done the opposite of what we did.  Should have fired Rex, kept Tanny, and built around Sanchez.  But no, Rex was a "fan favorite" so the decision was made to protect him and scapegoat the rest.  Disgusting.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This

24 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Sanchez was pretty terrible against the Colts but was great the following week.

Colts falling in love with the run down the stretch probably won us that game. Manning was killing us. 

He had slow starts in both games, vs Indy it was the first half and vs NE the first qtr but he was outstanding after those slow starts in both games.

Remember that Indy was hurting us with surprise runs.  What gave us a chance was Peyton not converting that last 3rd down. If he does they run the clock and we don't have a chance but like much of his postseason career he came up small in the biggest moment.

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes.  It's outrageous that they heap praise on Pennington (injuries, sacks), Favre (concealed injury), Testaverde (one good season), O'Brien (loser), and Fitzpatrick (one good season), and hate on Mark.

They ran Mark Sanchez out of town instead of realizing he needed coaching and consistent receivers to bond with.  Fools.

Exactly.  We should have done the opposite of what we did.  Should have fired Rex, kept Tanny, and built around Sanchez.  But no, Rex was a "fan favorite" so the decision was made to protect him and scapegoat the rest.  Disgusting.

SAR I

Chad and Vinny had great moments and deserve praise.  

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He had slow starts in both games, vs Indy it was the first half and vs NE the first qtr but he was outstanding after those slow starts in both games.

Remember that Indy was hurting us with surprise runs.  What gave us a chance was Peyton not converting that last 3rd down. If he does they run the clock and we don't have a chance but like much of his postseason career he came up small in the biggest moment.

Even in the second half against Indy, he missed a potential game-winning TD throw to a wide open Braylon Edwards down the right sideline on our second to last possession. He always struggled with accuracy and tended to panic against the blitz. 

Despite your blind affection for him, there is a reason Sanchez isn't in the league anymore, friend. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Even in the second half against Indy, he missed a potential game-winning TD throw to a wide open Braylon Edwards down the right sideline on our second to last possession. He always struggled with accuracy and tended to panic against the blitz. 

Despite your blind affection for him, there is a reason Sanchez isn't in the league anymore, friend. 

No one makes every throw, he was excellent that second half. Notice how much winning we've done since he left?

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Notice how much winning we've done since he left?

This doesn't mean anything. 

The correct question is: How much winning have we done since we had a good roster? We aren't talking about singles Tennis, here. 

Again, Sanchez was a backup less than 5 years after being drafted and out of the league less than 10 years after being drafted. I'm not sure what else there is to say. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Chad and Vinny had great moments and deserve praise.  

Definitely.  But not more than Mark.  Mark accomplished so much being thrown straight into the fire and had a similar tenure, hell he played in the same amount of games as those guys with far more success.  Praise Chad and Vinny all you want, but praise Mark at the same time.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Notice how much winning we've done since he left?

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Of course it does.  It means everything.  

You genius Jets fans thought Mark was so bad that we could pick up anyone off the street and they would be smarter, more accurate, show more poise under pressure, and win immediately.   

And that was dead wrong.  You were all wrong.  The right answer was to build around Mark, to invest in him with proper coaching and receivers, and see if the flashes he showed in '09 and '10 could turn into something great.   The alternative didn't work.  Coaching-up Mark might have.  He was thriving when surrounded by the right players.  He might have again if given that type of support.  

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Of course it does.  It means everything.  

You genius Jets fans thought Mark was so bad that we could pick up anyone off the street and they would be smarter, more accurate, show more poise under pressure, and win immediately.   

And that was dead wrong.  You were all wrong.  The right answer was to build around Mark, to invest in him with proper coaching and receivers, and see if the flashes he showed in '09 and '10 could turn into something great.   The alternative didn't work.  Coaching-up Mark might have.  He was thriving when surrounded by the right players.  He might have again if given that type of support.  

SAR I

uh huh, uh huh. 

I'll ask it again - If Mark was so good and clearly worth building around, why isn't he still in the NFL? Why was he not a full-time starter anymore after 2012? Why did he become a journeyman? Why didn't some smart organization "invest in him with proper coaching and receivers?" Strange, huh? 

After all, he "beat" Peyton And Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right?

37 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The correct question is: How much winning have we done since we had a good roster? We aren't talking about singles Tennis, here. 

Again, Sanchez was a backup less than 5 years after being drafted and out of the league less than 10 years after being drafted. I'm not sure what else there is to say. 

Circumstances can dictate careers sometimes, mark was very much like Eli Manning.  Giant fans wanted Eli gone before and after their first SB win, the Giants kept adding talent and they stole 2 SBs and now Giants fans act like Eli is Brady.  If his D falls short in 07 he doesn't get a chance to do it again in 11.   Mark had talent around him early and he had success then they took that talent away and he struggled.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Circumstances can dictate careers sometimes, mark was very much like Eli Manning.  Giant fans wanted Eli gone before and after their first SB win, the Giants kept adding talent and they stole 2 SBs and now Giants fans act like Eli is Brady.  If his D falls short in 07 he doesn't get a chance to do it again in 11.   Mark had talent around him early and he had success then they took that talent away and he struggled.

Correct. 

But this underlies my point. Mark wasn't capable of carrying the team when the talent around him eroded. That's why he's not here (or anywhere in the NFL) anymore. 

Yes indeed.  Sanchez played his best football when he was "up against it".  It forced him to focus and concentrate.  I liked Sanchez a lot.  Thought he had a lot of physical tools and he was a really likable person.  It was obvious to me that he really didn't want to play football all that much.  Most of his interceptions and other memorable blunders like the butt-fumble were all a result of losing his concentration.  He has plenty of general smarts and good football smarts too.  He just didn't really wanna be there regardless of what he said to the coaches or media.  It was obvious.  No big wonder why he played better in big games and when the team was behind.  That is what it took to wake him up from daydreaming about where he really wanted to be... 

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Correct. 

But this underlies my point. Mark wasn't capable of carrying the team when the talent around him eroded. That's why he's not here (or anywhere in the NFL) anymore. 

Very few are, Brady and maybe Rodgers? Most QBs need a lot of talent around them.