Which common discussion topic is most likely to come to fruition over the next 12 months?

Which common discussion topic is most likely to come to fruition over the next 12 months?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely?

• Darnold has breakout season
    • Adams is traded
    • Gase is fired

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

All of the above, please.

I honestly think all 3 could.  I'd almost say I'm confident all 3 will.  However I voted Adams as the most likey, which I would not have said 3 months ago.  Feels almost a forgone conclusion at this point.

Fireman Ed quits again. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/fireman-ed-quits-as-new-york-jets-unofficial-mascot-0ap1000000100909

Fireman Ed quits as New York Jets' unofficial mascot

Fireman Ed is no more at New York Jets games.

In a guest column for Metro New York, Fireman Ed -- real name: Ed Anzalone -- explained that confrontations with fans at MetLife Stadium, not the Jets' epic struggles during a blowout loss to the New England Patriots on Thanksgiving night, led to his premature exit from his section.

Anzalone said barbs from unruly fans have become a common occurence, with many people under the mistaken impression that he's on the Jets' payroll. Because of this, he no longer will attend Jets games as Fireman Ed.

"Listen, I went through the Rich Kotite era -- we were 4-28 in that era. Any Jets fan knows this isn't the worst of times; it isn't close," Anzalone told Metro, making a fair point. "It's been about the nastiness. I just think society in general -- you're out in your car, there's no respect at all. I don't want to put up with that from people taking it out on me anymore."

Anzalone said he'll continue to attend Jets home games, but he plans to move to a different section and retire the Fireman Ed persona. For decades, Anzalone has led the famous "J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets" chant at the Meadowlands.

"I'm sure there will be somebody else that takes over," he said. "I wasn't the originator of the chant and I won't be the last one. It's got to end."

Anzalone said he hadn't informed the Jets of his decision.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I honestly think all 3 could.  I'd almost say I'm confident all 3 will.  However I voted Adams as the most likey, which I would not have said 3 months ago.  Feels almost a forgone conclusion at this point.

I’m a huge Jamal fan, but he has to understand that no team is going to be willing to give up premium picks and pay him an extension until the league figures out how to deal with the possibly disastrous salary cap cut that might be coming next off season. I feel bad for Jamal, but Douglas is playing this smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So you're saying that Sam will have a breakout year and after that Gase will be fired? Gase will be the HC to start the 2021 season - book it.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, vtbx said:

It it was "Adams holds out" instead of "is trade" that would have been my vote.

Adams has no leverage to hold out. I really don't think he'd be stupid enough to do so, nor do I think Joe Douglas is the kind to cave in.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Fireman Ed quits again. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/fireman-ed-quits-as-new-york-jets-unofficial-mascot-0ap1000000100909

In a guest column for Metro New York, Fireman Ed -- real name: Ed Anzalone -- explained that confrontations with fans at MetLife Stadium, not the Jets' epic struggles during a blowout loss to the New England Patriots on Thanksgiving night, led to his premature exit from his section.

Anzalone said barbs from unruly fans have become a common occurence, with many people under the mistaken impression that he's on the Jets' payroll. Because of this, he no longer will attend Jets games as Fireman Ed.

"Listen, I went through the Rich Kotite era -- we were 4-28 in that era. Any Jets fan knows this isn't the worst of times; it isn't close," Anzalone told Metro, making a fair point. "It's been about the nastiness. I just think society in general -- you're out in your car, there's no respect at all. I don't want to put up with that from people taking it out on me anymore."

Anzalone said he'll continue to attend Jets home games, but he plans to move to a different section and retire the Fireman Ed persona. For decades, Anzalone has led the famous "J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets" chant at the Meadowlands.

"I'm sure there will be somebody else that takes over," he said. "I wasn't the originator of the chant and I won't be the last one. It's got to end."

If what he is saying is true, it just continues to add to my belief that there are some very miserable people out there. We have to be the angriest country in the world. Some people just walk around waiting for the moment to argue with someone. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Fireman Ed quits again. 

Good, not a fan

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

If what he is saying is true, it just continues to add to my belief that there are some very miserable people out there. We have to be the angriest country in the world. Some people just walk around waiting for the moment to argue with someone. 

You gotta ******* problem with that?!?!?!

?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Fireman Ed quits again. 

If he's not on the payroll, as he says, why would he feel obligated to inform the Jets? Why would they give a f*ck?

I voted for Darnold breakout because I'm dying for it to happen and think there's a legitimate possibility it does.

Adams trade at this juncture doesn't seem likely. I bet he holds out though.

If Darnold falls flat on his face I think there's a strong possibility Gase is gone. I think it's unlikely things go that poorly, however.

Barring a complete collapse (less than 5 wins) wherein Gase loses the locker room, Gase will be the Jets HC in 2021 whether you like it or not.  If Mangini got 3 years, Gase will too.  The Johnson's aren't going to be OK with paying 3 different HC's over a period of 3 years. 

You can scream about it until you're blue in the face, and claim that this is a 10-win roster, and that anything less than 8-8 means he's gone after 2020.  It's just not happening.  Darnold will have a nice year, we'll go 7-9, and Gase will be back for one more year.

Adams COULD get moved at the trade deadline.  So 2 is certainly more likely than 3.