What Jets do you see (if any) as Fantasy relevant in 2020 (1 pt PPR, redraft and Keeper))

Depends on where they're available.  I'm not touching Bell where his consensus value is in most leagues.

Crowder and Perriman are pretty good players to target based on the cost to get them.  Given that familiarity is going to be of paramount importance in 2020, expect Crowder to get targeted by Darnold a ton this season, if there is one.

I absolutely would target Mims in a keeper league.  He''s got future WR1 written all over him.

Everyone else....nah.  Herndon has no value while Ryan Griffin is around.  And there are a lot of better fantasy QB bets than Darnold at the moment.  He's only worth drafting in a 2-QB league.  In a 10 or 12-team league, he should be available off the free agent pile if you want him.  He's not startable against two tough defenses to open up (BUF, SF), so leave him on the FA pile until he has a good matchup.

There might not be a season so I'm kind of "meh" on fantasy prep.  So take my advice with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Depends on where they're available.  I'm not touching Bell where he's been valued.  

Crowder and Perriman are pretty good players to target based on the cost to get them.

I absolutely would target Mims in a keeper league.

Everyone else....nah.  Herndon has no value while Ryan Griffin is around.  And there are a lot of better fantasy QB bets than Darnold at the moment.  He's only worth drafting in a 2-QB league.  In a 10 or 12-team league, he should be available off the free agent pile if you want him.  He's not startable against two tough defenses to open up (BUF, SF), so leave him on the FA pile until he has a good matchup.

There might not be a season so I'm kind of "meh" on fantasy prep.  So take my advice with a grain of salt.

you only one agreeing with me on reservations on Herndon with Griffin here. Average fan doesnt realize how good Griffin is and how he was touted as allpro potential in houston before injury and arrest. But he looks back to normal..agree, darnold good keeper bench stash, jets may be paying form behind. I won leagie last year by playing winston over ryan as winston would have 4 pts at halftime and finished with 36 by end of game as they were in comeback mpode LOL

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Depends on where they're available.  I'm not touching Bell where he's been valued.  

Crowder and Perriman are pretty good players to target based on the cost to get them.

Everyone else....nah.  Herndon has no value while Ryan Griffin is around.  And there are a lot of better QB bets than Darnold at the moment.  He's only worth drafting in a 2-QB league.

Bell is going to drop like a rock this year in drafts because of last year.  

He’s a good value rd 4.  Ditto for David Johnson who people are sleeping on 

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everyone else....nah.  Herndon has no value while Ryan Griffin is around.  And there are a lot of better QB bets than Darnold at the moment.  He's only worth drafting in a 2-QB league.

So good it needed to be posted twice!!

actu i'm ready GIF

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

you only one agreeing with me on reservations on Herndon with Griffin here. Average fan doesnt realize how good Griffin is and how he was touted as allpro potential in houston before injury and arrest. But he looks back to normal..agree, darnold good keeper bench stash, jets may be paying form behind. I won leagie last year by playing winston over ryan as winston would have 4 pts at halftime and finished with 36 by end of game as they were in comeback mpode LOL

Yeah.  It's not that I don't like Herndon or anything either.  It's just that from a fantasy perspective, Griffin and Herndon kind of "cancel each other out", making neither worthy of being drafted.  There's only one football to go around.  The only team equipped to have 2 productive fantasy TEs this year are the Eagles (Ertz and Goedert).  That being said, if either Griffin or Herndon suffer an injury over the course of the season, or one proves to get the lion's share of the TE touches over the other, certainly one off the free agent pile.

Yep, Winston was my primary QB during my playoff run last year when I won my money league.  I had drafted Wentz late in the draft and just streamed QB's most of the season.  That was some amazing garbage time stats for Winston all season long, lol.

36 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Guys on this forum are predicting darnold to hit 4000+ yards in consideration of roster improvements, surely a few of those WRs will be handy?

Crowder will absolutely be a mid-round asset this year in any PPR league.  He caught 78 passes on 122 targets last year despite Darnold's mono-related issues.  This year there's no reason he can't eclipse 90 catches.  Only 13 guys in the league had 90+ catches last season.  

With the COVID impact, as I mentioned already, QB-WR familiarity will be so important.  Darnold will be targeting Crowder a ton, at least early in the season, while he works on his chemistry with Perriman and Mims.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

9B013206-BE69-4C93-A512-42DB41529A5C.gif

Darnold averaged 232 yards passing per game last year. Over 16 game season that translates to 3721 yards passing.

He now has an improved line, Herndon back, Mims and perriman.

4k will be easy. With that said, in the modern NFL 4k yards isn't a big deal.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, New York Mick said:

There aren’t any. I wouldn’t take any player on the Jets in FF

Jamal Adams is an IDP beast 

any Jets fantasy plays should be focused on the defense

it will be on the field alot 

because the offense stinks and they have to travel 31000 miles this year 

I would take Mims in a dynasty league only, possibly as a 4th WR as a bye week fill in in a redraft. 

The only other I would take is Bell as a flex. I had Crowder in my ppr last season and he really didn't  do much for me. I thought Darnold was going to throw him 10 passes a game. 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jamal Adams is an IDP beast 

Jamal ranked # 25 in the league in IDP last year.  Very good but just look at some of the supposedly inferior players who ended up ranked higher than him.  He's nearly 70 points away from the leader, and 2 of the players who finished ahead of him are Defensive Backs who are currently unemployed:

1. LB Jordan Hicks, ARI (252.3 points)
  2. LB Joe Schobert, JAC (237.9)
  3. LB Bobby Wagner, SEA (235.8)
  4. LB Cory Littleton, LV (235.8)
  5. LB Shaq Barrett, TB (235.1)
  6. LB Darius Leonard, IND (231.2)
  7. LB TJ Watt, PIT (231.1)
  8. CB Logan Ryan, FA (230.9)
  9. LB Chandler Jones, ARI (226.5)
  10. LB Blake Martinez, NYG (225.8)
  11. S Budda Baker, ARI (225.2)
  12. LB Jaylon Smith, DAL (224.6)
  13. S Eric Reid, FA (223.5)
  14. LB Fred Warner, SF (221.9)
  15. LB Demario Davis, NO (215.2)
  16. LB Lavonte David, TB (213.2)
  17. LB Zach Cunningham, HOU (210.9)
  18. LB De'Vondre Campbell, ARI (209.9)
  19. LB Luke Kuechly, FA (207.2)
  20. LB Devin Bush, PIT (204.7)
  21. LB Jamie Collins, DET (203.8)
  22. DE Danielle Hunter, MIN (203.4)
  23. LB Bud Dupree, PIT (203.4)
  24. LB K.J. Wright, SEA (193.6)
  25. S Jamal Adams, NYJ (192.7)
  26. LB Anthony Walker, IND (192.0)
  27. S Landon Collins, WAS (187.0)
  28. DE Dante Fowler, ATL (186.8)
  29. LB Tremaine Edmunds, BUF (185.6)
  30. LB Shaq Thompson, CAR (182.4)

CC:  @T0mShane

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I would take Mims in a dynasty league only, possibly as a 4th WR as a bye week fill in in a redraft. 

The only other I would take is Bell as a flex. I had Crowder in my ppr last season and he really didn't  do much for me. I thought Darnold was going to throw him 10 passes a game. 

He was targeted 122 times last season.  108 times in games where Darnold was available (8.3 per game).  Not too shabby.  

Next year he'll be targeted even more, I imagine.

Dynasty rookie draft I took Mims with a second Rd pick. Happy with the potential there.

Otherwise no one really excites me, especially in standard drafts. Crowder has been a solid late round pick off the bench player with some consistency since his Redskins mini breakouts. Depending on where he is available he is a decent late pick.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal ranked # 25 in the league in IDP last year.  Very good but just look at some of the supposedly inferior players who ended up ranked higher than him.  He's nearly 70 points away from the leader, and 2 of the players who finished ahead of him are Defensive Backs who are currently unemployed:

Budda Baker lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don’t let all these players see this post or they will riot and demand to be traded unless they are paid. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Wonderboy said:

Don’t let all these players see this post or they will riot and demand to be traded unless they are paid. 

Fellow 2017 first rounder T.J. Watt has recorded 27.5 sacks over the last 2 seasons.  He's made less than $3M each of his first 4 seasons. 

Haven't heard a word from him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fellow 2017 first rounder T.J. Watt has recorded 27.5 sacks over the last 2 seasons.  He's made less than $3M each of his first 4 seasons. 

Haven't heard a word from him.

And didn’t we have a chance to draft that kid

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

And didn’t we have a chance to draft that kid

I imagine he'd have been considered a major reach if we didn't trade down to take him.  But yes.  We had a chance to draft a lot of useful talent in 2017.  Instead we took back to back SS's.  

Ashtyn, on defensive leagues. 

edit; i legit am about to hit the order button a jersey. Not sure if I wanna grab the one from Cal or the jets one. Never done this before seeing in the league but the kids an animal and I am on board. 

good safety play for the win!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

My sleeper this year is Perriman. If the OL can function at an NFL level, Sam throws such a better ball than Winston and Perriman just seemed to figure it out last year...

People keep ignoring him. But in more recent seasons, he's been absurdly productive whenever he's had the chance.

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

My sleeper this year is Perriman. If the OL can function at an NFL level, Sam throws such a better ball than Winston and Perriman just seemed to figure it out last year...

Let me say this first: I love Sam’s potential (yes, I’m aware he’s going into year 3, but he still has it).

Still, Winston is a significantly better downfield passer than Sam is as of now...and that’s Perriman’s bread and butter. Also, no one knows what this OL will be with all the new faces and no practice time to gel. If Sam doesn’t have time, that’s another concern. Bottom line, I’d be weary of Perriman as anything more than a late round flier. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Let me say this first: I love Sam’s potential (yes, I’m aware he’s going into year 3, but he still has it).

Still, Winston is a significantly better downfield passer than Sam is as of now...and that’s Perriman’s bread and butter. Also, no one knows what this OL will be with all the new faces and no practice time to gel. If Sam doesn’t have time, that’s another concern. Bottom line, I’d be weary of Perriman as anything more than a late round flier. 

Fair comment.  In the games I saw during Perriman's hot streak he was showing an expanded route tree with drags, quick slants, hitches, etc.  It's why I felt okay when Joe D let Robby walk.  Just needs to keep the end of 2019 moving into 2020...