SoFi Stadium in LA completes largest video scoreboard in pro sports

106599953-1593622047958106097166_1682034998620048_1998145403259564743_o.jpg.02feb0120dec1b886bdcef155ef4d4f9.jpg

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/01/sofi-stadium-in-la-completes-the-largest-video-scoreboard.html

SoFi stadium in LA completes the largest video scoreboard ever made for pro sports

The largest video scoreboard in professional sports is ready for its unveiling.

The National Football League announced Wednesday that SoFi Stadium’s Oculus video scoreboard is now complete. The 360-foot, double-sided 4K video board weighs roughly 2.2 million pounds and features 70,000 square feet of digital LED lighting. The scoreboard also has more than 260 speakers included in the structure, according to the NFL.

“It’s three times the size of the [Dallas] Cowboys video board, not that we’re competing with them on that,” Kevin Demoff, Rams chief operating officer, told CNBC in September 2019. SoFi Stadium, set to open for the 2020 NFL season, will be shared by the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers.

The Rams declined to provide the cost of the scoreboard when reached by CNBC. Built in 2009, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ video board at AT&T Stadium cost $40 million.

Before the Rams’ scoreboard,  the Atlanta Falcons claimed to have the largest video board in professional sports at the $1.5 billion Mercedes Benz Stadium. In 2017, the National Hockey League’s New Jersey Devils, owned by Apollo Global Management co-founder Josh Harris, touted that it built the largest in-arena scoreboard at the Prudential Center.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke privately financed SoFi Stadium, which has a $5 billion price tag that could eventually eclipse $10 billion, according to the Wall Street Journal. The complex will also have a 5G communications network and high-speed WiFi to deliver faster speeds. Digital ticketing will be provided by Ticketmaster through its SafeTix product.

“Our fans expect a premium technological experience and they’re going to get that,” Demoff said.

The stadium’s surrounding Hollywood Park campus will also feature retail and office space and will be the new home the league’s NFL Media and NFL Network properties starting in 2021.

SoFi Stadium is also set to host Super Bowl in 2022, the NCAA  College Football Playoff National Championship in 2023 and events for the 2028 Summer Olympics.

34 minutes ago, Ghost said:

That stadium sucks compared to what we got!!! 

You don't care about your own personal appearance so why do care what our stadium looks like?  Put on a dress.  It'll make you feel better.

SAR I

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The great irony of LA having the first stadium to be fully equipped with 5G is that half the god damn town thinks it's being used to brainwash them into vaccines. 

So I'm vaguely aware that this is a thing, but I haven't dove into that rabbit hole yet.  I can't even wrap my head around how this would even start as a theory.  Now I'm gonna have to go read on it and get bent out of shape that people believe it.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So I'm vaguely aware that this is a thing, but I haven't dove into that rabbit hole yet.  I can't even wrap my head around how this would even start as a theory.  Now I'm gonna have to go read on it and get bent out of shape that people believe it.

It's LA dude. People are bananas out here. They think Nipsey Hustle was killed because he found a cure for HIV.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The great irony of LA having the first stadium to be fully equipped with 5G is that half the god damn town thinks it's being used to brainwash them into vaccines. 

Prove them wrong, brah!

Anyone remember that first Monday night game at Shea vs. Vikings in '79? They erected a small electronic scoreboard where Diamond Vision would later go and every one was so impressed. It was really small, like one or two lines. 

Going back even further, anyone ever see the little box on top of the big scoreboard work (like for a few weeks in '64). Cutting edge technology then. Now look what we have.  

If society doesn't collapse before then, it will eventualy be 3D VR on the field

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Reminder: Jets are expected to play under this thing....TWICE... this year when they face both the Rams and Chargers on the road.

Amazing that all that money was spent and probably there will be no fans there at all this year.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Untitled.jpg

It's got the design language of a skyscraper.  Makes perfect sense.

SAR I

There’s not a single skyscraper anywhere near that lifeless stadium. I cannot believe this is what they came up with. This was the best they can do? 

MetLife is a JOKE compared to other modern stadiums. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Untitled.jpg

It's got the design language of a skyscraper.  Makes perfect sense.

SAR I

Well sort of...  but not exactly..    It's more like one of the utility boxes you see at the base of a skyscraper, but not the skyscraper itself.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Well sort of...  but not exactly..    It's more like one of the utility boxes you see at the base of a skyscraper, but not the skyscraper itself.

staddesign.jpg

Hey, I'm no architect, just reporting what I've read.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

$10 Billion dollars so that you can brag that the outside of my stadium looks cooler than the outside of your stadium.

Those seat shots dont look any different.  

Exactly.  The design of the facade or the color of a plastic seat never won a football game.

The Jets lead the AFC and are #2 in the entire NFL in attendance since MetLife opened.

Methinks our stadium is a success.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well that’s harsh. Let attack the points not the posters 

Yes, you're right, I should have generalized:

"Jets fans are burping farting blue collar slobs and so I find it deeply amusing that they care so passionately about what dress our stadium is wearing.  If they truly want the joint to look top notch, suggest they throw out the Buttle jerseys and burn the Zubas."

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes, you're right, I should have generalized:

"Jets fans are burping farting blue collar slobs and so I find it deeply amusing that they care so passionately about what dress our stadium is wearing."

SAR I

Does this mean you are no longer a Jetfan or Covid-19 Isolation been a little bit tougher on you than anyone thought? 

Just now, The Crusher said:

Does this mean you are no longer a Jetfan or Covid-19 Isolation been a little bit tougher on you than anyone thought? 

I'm a Jets fan, of course.  I may not go to regular season games, but if things have improved come January I'll be there for the playoffs.

I find it humorous that a group of fans that customarily stroll into the stadium blotto halfway through the first quarter, leave the stadium hungover halfway through the fourth quarter, get up/down/up/down all game to buy beer and piss it out, and dress in fashions that are 30+ years old are passing judgement on how "pretty" our stadium looks, like their sense of style and fashion has been insulted somehow.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm a Jets fan, of course.  I may not go to regular season games, but if things have improved come January I'll be there for the playoffs.

I find it humorous that a group of fans that customarily stroll into the stadium blotto halfway through the first quarter, leave the stadium hungover halfway through the fourth quarter, get up/down/up/down all game to buy beer and piss it out, and dress in fashions that are 30+ years old are passing judgement on how "pretty" our stadium looks, like their sense of style and fashion has been insulted somehow.

SAR I

Honestly Ive only been to the stadium three times. All three times I enjoyed it and had a very enjoyable In game experience. The last time was 2 year ago and had some lower end zone tickets right above were  the Jets came came out and had a great time with all my JN homies. I just don’t think it’s worth insulting people because they don’t like the stadium design, at the end of the day it’s the product on the field and the people you are with to enjoy the game. One day you and I will meet at a game , have a quality seltzer and  enjoy each others company 6foot and 3inches away from one another. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

One day you and I will meet at a game , have a quality seltzer and  enjoy each others company 6foot and 3inches away from one another. 

Looking forward to it.  The Jets often offer PSL holders 6 piece chicken tender baskets for $4.99 and we can order as many as we want, plan around that?

SAR I