Vyncint Smith putting in work.

1 hour ago, Mavericknyc1980 said:

The kid has the speed and now works on his route I can’t wait till I see his improvement.

I hope so. It's really sad that DT came in last year and was oir number 1. I mean he can't even make most rosters last year and he put our guys to shame 

Take a look at the front page here right now...

Two threads about WRs working out this offseason.

In one guys are tripping over each other to come up with reasons why they don’t want the Jets to sign Antonio Brown.

In this one, fans are  getting pumped about some guy named Vyncint learning to run routes.

Make of it what you will....

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

In one guys are tripping over each other to come up with reasons why they don’t want the Jets to sign Antonio Brown.

In this one, fans are  getting pumped about some guy named Vyncint learning to run routes.

Excited about a fast talented WR putting in work on his weakness and that’s route running.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This reminds me of the time an article came out about Chad Pennington learning aikido or tai chi in hopes of increasing his arm strength.

Then training camp came along and he was shotputting wounded ducks like usual. He eventually ended up on IR. Again.

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Which was the most dominating, the 36 catches, 433 yds or the one touchdown?

Doesn't seem like alot but with the limited throws and the fact no one was ever open....

Yeah I stand bye my statement  he was the number 1 when he came in off the street. If you wanted the games you could tell from his routes and qb progressions.

Dont hate on me becaus adam Gase sucks

• Upvote 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Doesn't seem like alot but with the limited throws and the fact no one was ever open....

Yeah I stand bye my statement  he was the number 1 when he came in off the street. If you wanted the games you could tell from his routes and qb progressions.

Dont hate on me becaus adam Gase sucks

You're just anti slot receiver, admit it.

11 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

What if we just call him Antonio B.

• Thumb Down 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:32 PM, Trolly McTrollface said:

Boooooo. Boooooooooo

Antonio Brown would be a cancer 

Vincent Smith is the next Robbie Anderson. We have a nicer young stable developing. JD wants no part of AB and Im with him.  Vincent Smith is my dude! ;-) 

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Boooooo. Boooooooooo

Antonio Brown would be a cancer 

Vincent Smith is the next Robbie Anderson. We have a nicer young stable developing. JD wants no part of AB and Im with him.  Vincent Smith is my dude! ;-) 

Dude, we seem to always agree. Smart man you are. Our receiving corps has no names but I think we are much much better at the position than last year. And Vyncint I think will play a key role.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Dude, we seem to always agree. Smart man you are. Our receiving corps has no names but I think we are much much better at the position than last year. And Vyncint I think will play a key role.

Well there ya go.  Who could possibly argue with two juggernauts such as ourselves????   hahaha

It's funny sometimes with us Jets fans. We have such a hard time believing that something like VSmith turning into a legit WR when we have had a nice history with such guys coming through and making it from the UDFA realm. Interestingly one just left for a huge payday in Carolina. V Smith working hard and using that speed of his to success isn't that far outside of what's possible.  He's a smart kid who has a good work ethic. Those are the kinds of guys I like best. 

I liked RA but struggled with some of the stuff he said and did. He turned it around nicely and I was happy to see it, but now he can suck a lemon for all I care lol

V Smith is going to be in a second vid I'm making with him in it soon. I really believe in that guy. Much more than our 2020 UDFA WR crop actually.  I'm not so high on them actually. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Perriman is injury prone and Mims I like a lot but he’s just a rookie

Yeah. Perriman is a huge question mark but this is likely his last real chance to muster up an actual career. It's very possible he just needed a few years to get his feet under him. I really like the timing of his signing. 

Mims, while still a rookie, has me very excited.  I had him as a first rd WR the whole offseason and saw no reason for him to slip other than the odd covid inspired frigidity of many GM's. (Just like Bryce Hall) I studied Mims more than most and never saw the Jets landing him without a trade up. The fact that we got him after a trade DOWN still has me giddy.  

I can see a team liking someone like Shenault, Ruggs or even Claypool more depending on what a team is looking for specifically, but his slide was bizarre and should n to have happened. It will work to our benefit. I am very confident in that. 6'3". 4.38 speed with incredible route running. Catches the ball with his hands and fights for the contested balls to consistent success.  He's a friggin gem and will be the best WR we've had in a very very long time imo.  The only real knock is that his route tree is currently limited due to what Baylor had him doing. 

Give Sam time and Mims is gonna light it up. He and Perriman's (V. Smith too) speed keeping teams D honest is going to open up the middle of the field for Crowder, Herndon and Bell all day. 

Speed creates pressure. Pressure bursts pipes!  lol 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah. Perriman is a huge question mark but this is likely his last real chance to muster up an actual career. It's very possible he just needed a few years to get his feet under him. I really like the timing of his signing. 

Mims, while still a rookie, has me very excited.  I had him as a first rd WR the whole offseason and saw no reason for him to slip other than the odd covid inspired frigidity of many GM's. (Just like Bryce Hall) I studied Mims more than most and never saw the Jets landing him without a trade up. The fact that we got him after a trade DOWN still has me giddy.  

I can see a team liking someone like Shenault, Ruggs or even Claypool more depending on what a team is looking for specifically, but his slide was bizarre and should n to have happened. It will work to our benefit. I am very confident in that. 6'3". 4.38 speed with incredible route running. Catches the ball with his hands and fights for the contested balls to consistent success.  He's a friggin gem and will be the best WR we've had in a very very long time imo.  The only real knock is that his route tree is currently limited due to what Baylor had him doing. 

Give Sam time and Mims is gonna light it up. He and Perriman's (V. Smith too) speed keeping teams D honest is going to open up the middle of the field for Crowder, Herndon and Bell all day. 

Speed creates pressure. Pressure bursts pipes!  lol 

The fall on a very deep Wide receiver class doesn’t bother me one bit.

Two of the NFL’s best had been drafted in the range of Mims in recent years.

I think he just needs some polish on his routes. I think Hines Ward maybe able to help ?

Denzel Mims

NFL Draft:2020 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59

JuJu Smith-Schuster
NFL Draft:2017 / Round: 2 / Pick: 62

Michael Thomas

NFL Draft:2016 / Round: 2 / Pick: 47

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think he just needs some polish on his routes. I think Hines Ward maybe able to help ?

Denzel Mims

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Michael Thomas

Every year a stud WR falls to rd 2 I’m hoping this time it’s Mims.  He looks like a young Braylon Edwards

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Denzel Mims

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Michael Thomas

Agreed. Good point. 

I feel good about Ward being on our staff as well.  I am really looking forward to seeing our WR group this year. The real deal is our OL of course and if they can actually protect Sam that will go a long way. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Vyncint probably right now has the inside track to be the Jets #4 WR, but I suspect the Jets #4 WR isn't on the team yet. 

Well I think this year is unique in that system knowledge is much more important than usual. I see no reason barring a terrible preseason to replace Smith whom the Jets seem to like a lot and is young and fast with some veteran retread.

• Upvote 1