Jets forced the Pats to franchise Thuney?

11 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I wonder what they do with him next year

I know we can’t accurately judge who will actually hit the market at the moment, but as of now JuJu and Thuney would be my Top 2 targets next offseason.

Add another cornerstone to the OL and another weapon for Darnold.

Judging by reports, the Steelers don’t want to give JuJu a longterm deal, and frankly, I can’t say I blame them. They’ve been the best in the league at developing WR’s over the last 20 years. Chase Claypool will probably be a star by his 3rd season at the latest.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Please, Jets can’t even get a competitive team together.    Do we as a fan base really believe the Pats are concerned about Jets management?  NO ONE fears a team run by Chris or Woody Johnson. 

They could’ve definitely feared the Jets luring Thuney away with a $14+ million a year longterm deal.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Wow, you are an extremely negative person.  You must be a blast at parties.

Overly positive people are just as bad if not worse than overly negative people in the long run.

The fan base of this team is a classic example, we have just any many sunshine and rainbows people as doomsayers.

Don't blame the Doomsayers or being right about 85% of the time about the moves this franchise makes.

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

They could’ve definitely feared the Jets luring Thuney away with a $14+ million a year longterm deal.

And we would have still missed the playoffs and they wouldn’t have.  I am convinced management and ownership matter more than ant player and we have poor ownership.  But I see your point.   

47 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Please, Jets can’t even get a competitive team together.    Do we as a fan base really believe the Pats are concerned about Jets management?  NO ONE fears a team run by Chris or Woody Johnson. 

Yes we do and apparently others do.

Confusion is that afraid of a divisional rival signing one of the players you need to retain is different than being afraid on the field

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Overly positive people are just as bad if not worse than overly negative people in the long run.

The fan base of this team is a classic example, we have just any many sunshine and rainbows people as doomsayers.

Don't blame the Doomsayers or being right about 85% of the time about the moves this franchise makes.

Except we live longer and have more friends.

You guys live with a black cloud over your head.  Guess which way is better

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

let’s wait til the season begins before we get the anointing oil out. 

Process over results when evaluating and making claims in July. Joe D signed players that are better than what we had, that’s generally accepted. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Process over results when evaluating and making claims in July. Joe D signed players that are better than what we had, that’s generally accepted. 

You and I could have done that.? MAC left us a pile of dog crap.   But yes, JOE D appears to have a brain. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

You must be a fan of 7th place trophy’s.  His post was factual and correct yet you attack him.  

His post wasn’t factual, they signed a couple of good linemen.  As far as what I’m a fan of, you don’t know sh*t and you are as usual, talking out your arse.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ju-Ju #1 no matter the cost. 

Let’s see how Mims andPerriman do before throwing huge money at JU-JU

If Mims comes strong out of the gate, maybe we have our #1 on a cheap deal.

Perriman could also be a candidate for #2 WR. Let’s see how things play out

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Let’s see how Mims andPerriman do before throwing huge money at JU-JU

If Mims comes strong out of the gate, maybe we have our #1 on a cheap deal.

Perriman could also be a candidate for #2 WR. Let’s see how things play out

I expect Mims to be a WR1 in this league.  That doesn't mean we'd have to avoid signing another WR1/WR2 to pair with him.  Even an expensive one like JuJu.  

Perriman's performance will certainly have an impact on that decision, but even as a guy who likes him, I call him a good WR3/WR4.  He's also only signed to a 1-year deal, so we'd be evaluating him alongside other free agent WRs anyways.

Anyone with a brain should know that the Jets OL, although improved,  is still pretty much garbage as a unit. JD gave out contracts to unproven commodities and/or injury concerns. That's why he was able to overhaul the OL on the cheap in one offseason. The ONLY good player on that line is Bectons long term potential. Anyone else could easily be relegated to a backup role. The silver lining is that those contracts are almost exclusively one year deals meaning the Jets could move on after this season. I appreciate the effort on the part of JD to unf*ck the OL, but odds are they'll crash and burn when they face a stout front 7 like Buffalo as an example.