Enunwa Released

13 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The guy basically threw sh*t against a wall on EVERY move for his entire miserable tenure.  The average Pop Warner coach knows how better to build a team.  But don’t forget he was just about to be FIRED in Houston when that piece of sh*t Casserly sold someone almost as stupid and clueless as Maccagnan is, to not only hire the dolt but to inexplicably up his Paygrade....and he did.

Also, one of the most infuriating parts about his tenure is that we learned that Maccagnan had virtually ZERO CONTACTS throughout the league.  The most important movers and shakers didn’t even know his name.  Also he never LED the Organization in any way shape or form, as he supposedly remained locked in his office most of the time. The entire FO was essentially rudderless for 5 F**KIN YEARS...,and Johnson just let it all go down.  Obviously because 1, the cheap bast**d didn’t want to pay 2 contracts at once but also he’d be OWNING ANOTHER monumental mistake if he Fired Maccagnan when he should have.  That would be YEARS ago.  Gave the mope 5 fuc**n drafts haha.  Just unreal.

Casserly, we don't hate him enough. Is there a thread somewhere where we can insult him and his family? Curse them for the foul deeds and the part he played in our mutual demise as an organisation/team/fans?

If not there should be. How the hell we going to hire that guy and just keep giving him drafts. You know with our track record Joe Douglass as already earned himself like 10 years if we are going to use Maccs history as the barometer.

I mean seriously, the general lack of candor and common sense our team has shown in the past 10 years is crazy. Our best coach has been Rex and best GM has been Tanny in recent memory. And that is not even really recent. Good god am I having a realization as a jets fan and finally accepting the fact that we have been screwed. Idk.

All i know is we shouldn't have accepting the job performance from those coaches and staff anymore than we would with some guys trying to make the team. If you cant play you don't play. I think Joe D brings some of that mindset to the team but the fact that he is fine with Gase and not fired him yet concerns me. It really could be something as simple as Joes master plan. Loading contracts getting us back to water level and knowing that he is not ready to bring in his coach yet. This season could be all about shedding the past roster and letting gase take the blame for team performance, sealing his fate as the next failed NYJ coach. 

But then going out there by him self (no casserly or any other silliness) and making a pitch to a good or up and coming coach saying look what I have done in two years, the Jets are about break out, i got rid of the silly contacts, silly players, we have a line, we have a qb, i am about to draft a stud WR and pass rusher. All you have to do is come in here and coach this team with smart game plans and we take the division. This is New York all you have to be is better that Gase and Bowles as an HC. They never had a roster. Look at what rex did with Sanchez. just imagine what you could do. What you could be come?

What do you say Coach Williams? Are you up for it? I know you have been over looked by many teams because you are rough around the edges, but your guys will go through walls for you and you always have them set up for success. Now is the time. Set your legacy and bring this franchise back to glory. I'll let you coach and more importantly give you the talent you need to win. We are not building around a safety. We are building around the QB to score. Lets do this!!!

Coach Williams: I want to call the shots, i want to  control of this team. 

Joe Douglas: I grant you this power. Never forsake me

For the next 5-8 seasons we are competitive, in the hunt and actually win a SB. Joe Namath proclaims he always knew Darnold was the answer.  Jets fans rejoice. Inspiring world peace and probably saved the planet. Woody Johnson tells everyone that things went all according to plan.

Shutup Boomer I'm trying to use the Jetnation NFL shop code.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Casserly, we don't hate him enough. Is there a thread somewhere where we can insult him and his family? Curse them for the foul deeds and the part he played in our mutual demise as an organisation/team/fans?

If not there should be. How the hell we going to hire that guy and just keep giving him drafts. You know with our track record Joe Douglass as already earned himself like 10 years if we are going to use Maccs history as the barometer.

I mean seriously, the general lack of candor and common sense our team has shown in the past 10 years is crazy. Our best coach has been Rex and best GM has been Tanny in recent memory. And that is not even really recent. Good god am I having a realization as a jets fan and finally accepting the fact that we have been screwed. Idk.

All i know is we shouldn't have accepting the job performance from those coaches and staff anymore than we would with some guys trying to make the team. If you cant play you don't play. I think Joe D brings some of that mindset to the team but the fact that he is fine with Gase and not fired him yet concerns me. It really could be something as simple as Joes master plan. Loading contracts getting us back to water level and knowing that he is not ready to bring in his coach yet. This season could be all about shedding the past roster and letting gase take the blame for team performance, sealing his fate as the next failed NYJ coach. 

But then going out there by him self (no casserly or any other silliness) and making a pitch to a good or up and coming coach saying look what I have done in two years, the Jets are about break out, i got rid of the silly contacts, silly players, we have a line, we have a qb, i am about to draft a stud WR and pass rusher. All you have to do is come in here and coach this team with smart game plans and we take the division. This is New York all you have to be is better that Gase and Bowles as an HC. They never had a roster. Look at what rex did with Sanchez. just imagine what you could do. What you could be come?

What do you say Coach Williams? Are you up for it? I know you have been over looked by many teams because you are rough around the edges, but your guys will go through walls for you and you always have them set up for success. Now is the time. Set your legacy and bring this franchise back to glory. I'll let you coach and more importantly give you the talent you need to win. We are not building around a safety. We are building around the QB to score. Lets do this!!!

Coach Williams: I want to call the shots, i want to  control of this team. 

Joe Douglas: I grant you this power. Never forsake me

For the next 5-8 seasons we are competitive, in the hunt and actually win a SB. Joe Namath proclaims he always knew Darnold was the answer.  Jets fans rejoice. Inspiring world peace and probably saved the planet. Woody Johnson tells everyone that things went all according to plan.

Shutup Boomer I'm trying to use the Jetnation NFL shop code.

Douglas is a real high quality NFL guy who has seen success everywhere he has worked.  Sometimes the ultimate success with a Lombardi trophy.  I think he will be one of the best GMs in the league.

You can’t just fire Gase after one year considering that he didn’t have Darnold the first quarter of the season, he finished 6-2 albeit against a weak schedule, and as the Offensive coach he was hamstrung with the 3rd Worst OL in NFL history.  One thing I found to be a Silver lining was the way the Jets would open a game with Gase’s scripted plays and would score on their first drive virtually every game.  Darnold was completing over 90% of his passes on those opening drives.  You never would see that out of most Jet teams.  Then other teams would adjust and the talent levels would “move to their Means”, and you’d think maybe Gase should have done much better, but personally I think that was a lot to ask.  Not with that roster.

You read posts where it seems as though Gase is quickly written off as a failure because they didn’t make the playoffs last year...3rd Worst OL in NFL HISTORY..that’s all that needs to be said.

There are things that I wasn’t all that happy with Gase, first and foremost it seemed that he just mailed in every game Darnold missed.  But still I think he deserves another year with an upgraded OL, not only for Darnold, but maybe to have just some semblance of a running game?  The disaster of a roster left by Maccagnan can’t be discounted...but Douglas is going to fix it, and with the haul he just got from Seattle, quicker than any of us thought.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

A player that we should have never resigned.

He got a fat cheque, what kind of medical advice did the Jets get?

Q did ok and good for him, just how bad was Mike Maccagnan ?‍♂️ 

I disagree. When Macc signed Enunwa to a big money deal he was looking like an up an comer and our best offensive play maker. No one foresaw his injuries coming.

8 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I disagree. When Macc signed Enunwa to a big money deal he was looking like an up an comer and our best offensive play maker. No one foresaw his injuries coming.

What?  No.

Enunwa had one good season a full year before he got hurt (once again) and only played 11 games.  If he was going to be resigned it should have been on a prove it deal, the injury guarantees were about as ridiculous as you could get.

The guy has 5 career tds, only one his previous year to the contract.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Charley Casserly's wig is punishment enough.  I don't know how you entrust your franchise to a man with the judgment to think that is a good choice. 

Thanks for posting. Loved that show but I don'rt remember that skit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Yes.  Who could foresee that a player who missed 2017 with a neck injury, and missed 5 games in 2018 could possibly get hurt again.  It was unimaginable!   IIRC, the guy signed his huge contract on the day that he was placed on IR. 

It always shocks me that so many on this board are okay with paying Enunwa $9M per, but thought it insane to pay Anderson $10M.  Anderson was skinny so people thought he'd get hurt, but Enunwa was always hurt and had only one 100 yard game, compared to 8 for Anderson.  Anderson came in the league 2 years later, played 20 more games, had 1,500 more yards, and 15 more TDs.  I get that Anderson has a stupid haircut, but one of them was suspended 4 games for domestic violence and it wasn't him.

24 minutes ago, RobR said:

Thanks for posting. Loved that show but I don't remember that skit. 

To this day, if my mom sees somebody with a bad wig she will turn to me and say "no one must know my secret!"  Our personal favorite is the inexperienced cannibal - "We aren't talking about a plane crash in the Andes.  Sir, in fact your plane never left the ground.  It was a delay.  You were the sole survivor of a 35 minute delay."

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

whaaaaaaatt?  He had been injured multiple times already and was recovering from some serious neck problems.  Mac gives him a contract guaranteed for injury?  WTF?

When are people going to realize that Woody Johnson was duped in the Mac selection and it was Belichick behind the scenes who duped Woody into choosing Mac?  Basterd.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

To this day, if my mom sees somebody with a bad wig she will turn to me and say "no one must know my secret!"  Our personal favorite is the inexperienced cannibal - "We aren't talking about a plane crash in the Andes.  Sir, in fact your plane never left the ground.  It was a delay.  You were the sole survivor of a 35 minute delay."

They were the Monty Python of the late 80's-early 90's but they never garnered that type of respect. I had a buddy of mine watch them live circa about 2000 and he said they were amazing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TNJet said:

Sep. 11, 2019 10:16 AM ET - Enunwa will be sidelined the rest of the season with a neck injury, his second in just over two years. Jets coach Adam Gase said Wednesday that Enunwa is still undergoing tests and wouldn't speculate if the injury could threaten Enunwa's career.

That’s the Second time he he hurt his neck, and an ongoing issue.

First time Aug 5, 2017 Cervical Spine Disc Bulge Enunwa missed the 2017 season with a bulging disk in his neck. He had surgery in late August.

Anyone who did a thorough medical would have not signed him sorry.

• Upvote 2