Robbie

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The same people complaining that Darnold "needs more weapons", who were upset Anderson left, would still be clamoring for that had we KEPT Anderson, because he'd still very likely be putting up the same kind of numbers he did from 2016-19.  

Exactly. 

If JD had given Anderson a better deal, and Anderson was sitting at 9 catches for 170 yards and 1 TD thru four games, we'd all still be here unhappy, except we'd be arguing about why JD gave 'big #1 WR money' to Anderson instead of going out and signing a legit #1 WR. :-k

The only possible winning scenario for JD was Perriman and Mims both doing well.  Didn't happen.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one ever said Perriman was an upgrade.  Douglas offered significantly more money and years to Anderson than Perriman, so even he agreed with that analysis.

Actually that's not at all true.

He offered $3MM more for 1 year, since that's all that's guaranteed. So it was not significantly more money, and the additional non-guaranteed years are worthless absent a major signing bonus that indirectly binds the team for >1 year. If he's worth retaining for year 2, then he could get that $ as a UFA again in 2021.

1 guaranteed year of Perriman at $7MM

1 guaranteed year of Anderson at $10MM

The most significant difference is if Perriman had a breakout year (go with me on this) he'd then be a UFA who'd command much more. If Anderson had a much better year than before, he'd be stuck at the same $10MM - not guaranteed - for 3 more years. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

well, that's a new angle...

am neither accepting it at face value, nor rejecting it...

I'm rejecting it out of hand, sounds like complete and total bullsh*t to me.  

Just another "Screw you Jets" on the way out the door a la Adams.  Leave, then trash the team you left, pretending it was all them. 

Typical NFL these days.

But I get that many here will buy it hook, line and sinker, and be mad at the Jets, not at Anderson for leaving.  

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just another "Screw you Jets" on the way out the door a la Adams.  Leave, then trash the team you left, pretending it was all them. 

Typical NFL these days.

But I get that many here will buy it hook, line and sinker, and be mad at the Jets, not at Anderson for leaving.  

This isn;t coming from Robby. 

Shrug. any mention of Robbo seems to get you itchy.

For me, i am reminded of teh whole Osemele debacle... you hear things, but wtf is TRUE? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

This isn;t coming from Robby. 

Sure it isn't. :roll:

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Shrug. any mention of Robbo seems to get you itchy.

I absolutely HATE the Jets Fans ability to spin average players into superstars in the annual self-flagellation of ex-Jet obsession syndrome.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I absolutely HATE the Jets Fans ability to spin average players into superstars in the annual self-flagellation of ex-Jet obsession syndrome.

So YOU have the facts... 

Nobody has ever said Robbo was a superstar. Nobody. 

He's better at his position than Sam is at his. Shrug.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In the land of JAGs, the competent player is a superstar.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Typical NFL these days.

How in the world is him crying about not working out a deal trashing the Jets?

If anything that would indicate he was quite happy here and puts to bed that nonsense narrative of him giving Carolina discount to play with Rhule.

This is the exact f*cking opposite of what Adams has done who’s done nothing but take pot shots at the Jets while delighting in his new situation.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

How in the world is him crying about not working out a deal trashing the Jets?

If anything that would indicate he was quite happy here and puts to bed that nonsense narrative of him giving Carolina discount to play with Rhule.

This is the exact f*cking opposite of what Adams has done who’s done nothing but take pot shots at the Jets while delighting in his new situation.

The end result is fans thinking JD sucks.  You tell me how that trashes the Jets.

OF COURSE Jets fans will believe this tripe.  It makes us look bad, we believe it. 

Regardless of exactly how the contract negotiations played out (who knows, honestly), Robby was a homegrown Jet and a good (not great) WR for us. It would have been great to resign him and have him be a part of what we are building. 

Beyond the abysmal drafting, one basic problem we have had over the past decade is that we tend to get rid of the very few good players that we do develop. That has to change going forward. 

Douglas needs to hope Denzel hamstrings can actually get on the field sometime before the world ends so that we can all forget about Anderson. 

• Upvote 1

Fans make up sh*t to fit the conclusionz

Sun ra is a one trick pony, he was always going to go with Rhule etc

It's falsehoods we tell ourselves to avoid the truth that either the owners are cheap, the gm can't evaluate the difference between perriman and robby or some combination of both

It's bleak.

I understand why they didn't pay Adams. I don't like it but I understand.

I'll never understand why they passed on robby a home-grown udfa who was entertaining and actually liked to be here.

And now he's playing like a wr 1

That hurts if true

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

We wouldn’t be headed to the playoffs with Robby Anderson. But we’d be a much better team. Every single player would have benefitted from having him here. How big of a homer do you have to be to claim that losing a good skill player doesn’t even matter? 

Some people can’t admit they were wrong on the internet for some reason 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

We wouldn’t be headed to the playoffs with Robby Anderson. But we’d be a much better team. Every single player would have benefitted from having him here. How big of a homer do you have to be to claim that losing a good skill player doesn’t even matter? 

Yes, a slightly better looking 0-4 would REALLY be awesome. :roll:

It's almost like people have already forgotten that Anderson, here, with Gase, was barely a 700 yard a year WR who dogged plays and alligator armed catches regularly. 

Amazing the denial of actual facts on this forum.

But sure, if we fired Gase and hired Rhule, fired Darnold and signed Bridgewater, and cut Bell and traded for McCaffrey, cut our Oline and signed Carolina's O-line, sure, Anderson would make us "a much better team" I guess, lol.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Something he never did while here, and showed absolutely no sign of ever being able to do here.

Maybe that factored in? :-k

these hypotheticals, tho 

Robby wouldn't be good here is yours, even tho he was in fact doing the WR1 job, 100+ targets, getting CB1 etc. 

meanwhile others say

Jamal Adams wouldn't change the record or the defense 

Lamar Jackson would be a bust here

Sam Darnold would be a champion in Pittsburgh 

hypotheticals are fun 

my favorite hypothetical is what if the Jets had kept all the good players they let go in the last few years? Guys like SunRa, 33, Teddy B, Demario Davis, Leo, Sheldon, Andre Roberts, KO, Terrence Brooks, Jason Myers 

they'd have less cap space for sure 

and none of those guys are Reggie White or whatever

but the team would be watchable. Heck they might even win a game once in a while.  

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

these hypotheticals, tho

Nothing hypothetical about it.  We have two years of actuals of Darnold + Anderson. 

The ONLY hypothetical here is "what would Robby do on the 2020 Jets".  

Robby wouldn't be good here is yours, even tho he was in fact doing the WR1 job, 100+ targets, getting CB1 etc. 

Incorrect.  Mine is "Anderson would be what Anderson was the past two years here, a 700 yard a year WR". 

No one debates that he was the nominal "WR #1" while here.  He just wasn't a very good WR #1 here, as his production shows.  We can blame Gase and Darnold and the O-line too if we like.

Jamal Adams wouldn't change the record or the defense 

We've covered this, he hasn't.  You may not like numbers Bit, but they tell that tale quite clearly so far.  

Lamar Jackson would be a bust here

Sam Darnold would be a champion in Pittsburgh 

hypotheticals are fun

If you say so, nothing about what I've posted in hypothetical.  Only your (and others) fantasy football ideas of "what if" re: Anderson being here in 2020.

my favorite hypothetical is what if the Jets had kept all the good players they let go in the last few years? Guys like SunRa, 33, Teddy B, Demario Davis, Leo, Sheldon, Andre Roberts, KO, Terrence Brooks, Jason Myers

Who the **** is SunRa?

And if that is out "list of good players", wow.  What a crappy list.

they'd have less cap space for sure 

and none of those guys are Reggie White or whatever

but the team would be watchable. Heck they might even win a game once in a while.  

I get it Bit, you're gonna bang the spending drum, even if the guys you think we should spend on aren't really very good at all in the grand scheme.  You don;t really care if they're good, only that we spend more money keeping them, I get it.  And as noted elsewhere, I don't disagree, we do need to stop being cheap.

I simply prefer we spend more of actual great players.  Not that laughable list of "good players" we "let go".

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who the **** is SunRa?

And if that is out "list of good players", wow.  What a crappy list.

I get it Bit, you're gonna bang the spending drum, even if the guys you think we should spend on aren't really very good at all in the grand scheme.  You don;t really care if they're good, only that we spend more money keeping them, I get it.  And as noted elsewhere, I don't disagree, we do need to stop being cheap.

I simply prefer we spend more of actual great players.  Not that laughable list of "good players" we "let go".

RA is  Robbie Anderson Sun Ra is his entertaining and self appointed social media personality, also an Egyptian sun god reference

the point of football is entertainment

gladiator GIF

I'm not entertained 

all the talk of yardage per catch and cap space aside, Robby Anderson is a fun dude to have around. his Sir Purr convo 

the Jets have no life that list of guys you say are crappy but all of them together add up to a decent squad 

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

RA is  Robbie Anderson Sun Ra is his entertaining and self appointed social media personality, also an Egyptian sun god reference

Yes, I am aware of the Egyptian reference.  I have no idea what Anderson calls himself, nor do I care.  But thanks for educating me.

the point of football is entertainment

gladiator GIF

I'm not entertained 

I don't care if you're entertained Bit.  It bears no relationship to this conversation.  If you don't enjoy it, stop watching it.

Winning cures all.  And as clearly shown, Anderson was not material to winning here.

all the talk of yardage per catch and cap space aside, Robby Anderson is a fun dude to have around. his Sir Purr convo 

the Jets have no life that list of guys you say are crappy but all of them together add up to a decent squad 

To each their own for off the field stuff.  This is also entirely irrelevant to our discussion.

And no "all of them together" do not add up to a decent squad.  As usual, you are materially overvaluing ex-Jets, most of whom are fringe JAGS with a well documented record of being fringe JAGS.

We should aspire for more.  Not more of the same.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't care if you're entertained Bit.  It bears no relationship to this conversation.  If you don't enjoy it, stop watching it.

Winning cures all.  And as clearly shown, Anderson was not material to winning here.

ou contraire

the point of this whole thing is entertainment

they also sell season tickets to the opera

the difference is that the tenors always show up and sing 

as for how material Robby was to winning or not, it's another hypothetical. You believe it's CLEARLY shown but all we really know is they haven't won a game without him 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

ou contraire

the point of this whole thing is entertainment

they also sell season tickets to the opera

the difference is that the tenors always show up and sing 

Sports Management Philosophy 101 is -----> Bit. ?

as for how material Robby was to winning or not, it's another hypothetical.

OIP.HhV7frsanAyA9cOZua2vrAHaGY?pid=Api&r

You believe it's CLEARLY shown but all we really know is they haven't won a game without him 

Remind me Bit, how did we start last year with him playing every game?

1-7, if I recall, right?

"Hypothetical".?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sports Management Philosophy 101 is -----> Bit. ?

OIP.HhV7frsanAyA9cOZua2vrAHaGY?pid=Api&r

Remind me Bit, how did we start last year with him playing every game?

1-7, if I recall, right?

"Hypothetical".?

both my statement are yours are examples of cherry picking data

it's a false choice by the way cap space vs Robby 

they had plenty of room to sign him and still have oodles of cap space

55 minutes ago, bitonti said:

both my statement are yours are examples of cherry picking data

His entire actual career in NY

vs.

Your projection of the effect he would have IF he was still here, based on four games in Carolina with 100% different variables.

Sure, totally the same. :-k

55 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's a false choice by the way cap space vs Robby 

they had plenty of room to sign him and still have oodles of cap space

I agree.  I have not once disagreed with you re: availability of money and their penny pinching vs the Cap.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

His entire actual career in NY

vs.

Your projection of the effect he would have IF he was still here, based on four games in Carolina with 100% different variables.

Sure, totally the same. :-k

Funny thing is He's playing with Teddy B, and they probably have practice experience from SunRa's rookie year in NYJ 

the variables aren't 100% different

Imagine they stay at 6 and don't draft Darnold

there's a version of this NYJ franchise with Teddy Bridgewater at QB, Matt Rhule at HC, Robby at WR 1, Perhaps Quenton Nelson HOF guard at LG and maybe they aren't winless. 

if I have a point it's that all these bad decisions add up and it's not just 1 guy just ROBBY everything else being the same it's an entire team of if not championship quality players, at least watchable players.

here's a hypothetical what if CJ Mosely's opt out was a direct knock on effect of the Adams trade? It happened like a week later. 

my hypothetical has just as much validity as yours that they'd be winless if Robby was here 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Funny thing is He's playing with Teddy B, and they probably have practice experience from SunRa's rookie year in NYJ 

For the love of God stop with the silly "SunRa" sillyness, in you please.  We're both far too old and cynical for juvenallia.

the variables aren't 100% different

Actually, they are.  Anderson is not playing with a single player he played with here, nor is he playing against any of the same teams/rosters as they were when he played here, nor is he playing in the same system, nor is he playing for the same coaches, nor is even HE the same HE that was here, he's is older, wiser maybe, better shape maybe, more motivated in his new home maybe, who knows, but not the same.  Every.  Single.  Variable.  

Yet More Theorycrafting

Enjoy yourself Bit, I don't see any additional need to join you in Fantasy Land.  

If you think we're way better in 2020 with Anderson than we are now, great.  Enjoy your dream.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

For the love of God stop with the silly "SunRa" sillyness, in you please.  We're both far too old and cynical for juvenallia.

he calls himself SunRa why does this annoy you so much WAR FISH 

Anderson is not playing with a single player he played with here

He's playing with Trenton Cannon and Teddy Bridgewater

despite not recording any official stats, Bridgewater would have thrown to Robby during 2018 practice 

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he calls himself SunRa why does this annoy you so much WAR FISH 

We know his name.  You don't know mine, for obvious reasons.

He's playing with Trenton Cannon and Teddy Bridgewater

A QB who never started here and never threw areghular season pass to Anderson, and no, mate, not Cannon, McCaffrey.  Cannon's only stat in 2020 is a special teams tackle, lol.  Nice reach there tho bro.

despite not recording any official stats, Bridgewater would have thrown to Robby during 2018 practice 

Cool story bro.

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We know his name.  You don't know mine, for obvious reasons.

A QB who never started here and never threw areghular season pass to Anderson, and no, mate, not Cannon, McCaffrey.  Cannon's only stat in 2020 is a special teams tackle, lol.  Nice reach there tho bro.

Cool story bro.

I never saw the obvious reason

I post under my name and this is my face 

tis' not pee hermans mugshot

but to each his own 

by the way I never said they accumlated stats together what i said was he played with those guys in practice. I said it like 3 times

if you are so obsessed with game stats, Darnold targetted SunRa 95 times per year in each of his two years 

whether that guy is WR 1 material or not it's not a fair evaluation of darnold without his best target 

and this is coming from someone who hates darnold 

people say SunRa is a 1 trick pony the guy catches a 75 yard TD and then the 2 point conversion the very next play 

you may not like him as a person Warfish but he's balling out incredible right now and it's fair to wish the Jets had some of that sirr purr magic right now