Post Game Quote From Sam

More Cowbell

"I truly believe this and the guys in the locker room feel the same way: We've been put in great positions to go out there and succeed, to go out and execute a game plan that's put together perfectly for us," said Darnold, a team captain. "It's just about us executing, that's all."

The guy is loyal. I'll give him that. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, More Cowbell said:

"I truly believe this and the guys in the locker room feel the same way: We've been put in great positions to go out there and succeed, to go out and execute a game plan that's put together perfectly for us," said Darnold, a team captain. "It's just about us executing, that's all."

And dumb but he’s 23 so it’s excusable. I mean can all of you remember being 23. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

They're limited in what they're going to say.  They asked Berrios if the Jets have what they need to turn the season around (something like that) and he said "absolutely".  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

And dumb but he’s 23 so it’s excusable. I mean can all of you remember being 23. 

I was fighting in a war at 23 and walked 4 miles in the snow to school back when I was 7. 

His bitch ass needs to man up..

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I was fighting in a war at 23 and walked 4 miles in the snow to school back when I was 7. 

You know you are right. I saw a piece where he was having lunch with the team and this woman was serving him and she mispronounced his name. He was so rude to her and bitchy. I was like WTF dude. He needs to learn some humility  and that only comes from hard knocks. 

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

WTF do you think the guy was going to say?

Morons.

19 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He’s a good kid. If he said anything different I’d be disappointed. I don’t want a QB that blames everyone else.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

You know you are right. I saw a piece where he was having lunch with the team and this woman was serving him and she mispronounced his name. He was so rude to her and bitchy. I was like WTF dude. He needs to learn some humility  and that only comes from hard knocks. 

Is that real?

18 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Sam needs to lose the surfer dude act and grow up.  Defenses have picked up on  his tendencies and weaknesses.  The ghost comment he made a while back raised a red flag for me.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Yeah I do. Wasn’t this naive. Had already graduated from college. Sam is just protecting his HC. But at some point, you’ve gotta face the reality Adam Gase isn’t going be around for the Thanksgiving  day dinner. 

33 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What Sam fails to recognize is that it is a head coach’s job to devise a game plan AND make sure the team is prepared to carry it out effectively. 

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Is that real?

Yea it is. Not making it up. It was on one of those Jets shows. I really didn’t like his attitude. Like his sh*t didn’t stink and he talked down to the woman. Like a real snob. ‘That’s not my name. It’s Sam Darnold” and then gave her a dirty look. For some reason I just let it go subconsciously because he’s the savior since Namath and all that jazz.  But it was quite telling. And reading your take on your life, it just hit me. Darnold is a Prima Donna. I can’t stand people who think they’re better than you. Personally I don’t care how great a player is if he’s a snob etc etc etc (insert curse words here). 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

37 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I was an NCO in the US Army and a Combat Vet by the time I was 23. 

Darnold is a child, who broke down in tears today when he realized he wasn't the star in his own real life sports movie. And this godforsaken franchise did nothing to help the kid. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Yeah I do. Wasn’t this naive. Had already graduated from college. Sam is just protecting his HC. But at some point, you’ve gotta face the reality Adam Gase isn’t going be around for the Thanksgiving  day dinner. 

**** being politically correct. Say it like it is. Lay it on the line. If you don’t know then say you don’t. Be a leader. Hold everyone responsible, including yourself. I hate those phony two faced responses. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Yea it is. Not making it up. It was on one of those Jets shows. I really didn’t like his attitude. Like his sh*t didn’t stink and he talked down to the woman. Like a real snob. ‘That’s not my name. It’s Sam Darnold” and then gave her a dirty look. For some reason I just let it go subconsciously because he’s the savior since Namath and all that jazz.  But it was quite telling. And reading your take on your life, it just hit me. Darnold is a Prima Donna. I can’t stand people who think they’re better than you. Personally I don’t care how great a player is if he’s a snob etc etc etc (insert curse words here). 

Do you have a link to that? Would love to see that. 

I agree, I f*ucking hate people that even give off a whiff of being like that. Just surprised, everything I've seen, he seemed super chill almost to a fault. 

But my mom would absolutely whoop my ass if I ever acted like that to someone.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Do you have a link to that? Would love to see that. 

I agree, I f*ucking hate people that even give off a whiff of being like that. Just surprised, everything I've seen, he seemed super chill almost to a fault. 

But my mom would absolutely whoop my ass if I ever acted like that to someone.

I’ll look for it but probably impossible to find since it was one of those 30 minute weekly Jets   Shows. I couldn’t believe my ears when he said it. I too thought he was a chill kid. But I overlooked it. But now, with everyone’s take on how he’s playing, etc etc it all seems like he’s not this chill dude. Like he’s just a facade. And your mom is cool. My mom would beat my ass and I pretty much deserved it as a kid. She was a tough chic. She didn’t take sh*t from me lol ? 

14 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I’ll look for it but probably impossible to find since it was one of those 30 minute weekly Jets   Shows. I couldn’t believe my ears when he said it. I too thought he was a chill kid. But I overlooked it. But now, with everyone’s take on how he’s playing, etc etc it all seems like he’s not this chill dude. Like he’s just a facade. And your mom is cool. My mom would beat my ass and I pretty much deserved it as a kid. She was a tough chic. She didn’t take sh*t from me lol ? 

Bruh lol

My mom shoved a bar of Irish Spring soap in my mouth every time I dropped the F bomb as a kid. Needless to say, we went through soap like a mfer in our household ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Bruh lol

My mom shoved a bar of Irish Spring soap in my mouth every time I dropped the F bomb as a kid. Needless to say, we went through soap like a mfer in our household ?

I was a basket case once I hit 15-16.  Before that my mom would hit me with everything she could get her hands on. But she wasnt mean, she was just tough.  She just didnt play and wouldn't tolerate my sh*t.  When I matured she stopped hitting me cause she couldnt but looking back I put that woman through hell.

• Upvote 1