Which current situation is more frustrating as a fan?

The Jets or Cowboys?

The Jets situation is obviously sure.  Looks like our Young QB is a bust. Our roster is awful and we have the worst coach in the league.  However, there is likely going to be changes which will at least offer a glimmer of hope 

With the Cowboys, on paper you should be very good.  You have a QB most observers think is a high end player.  You have weapons all over the roster.  You have new coach, but the same old underachieving.

The Jets are in a clear rebuild.  The Cowboys are constantly treading water.  Not talking past success.  Talking this moment and moving forward over the next few years.

Would being in the Cowboys situation frustrate you more?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Cowboys have made the playoffs this decade, so I’ll say we are more frustrating.

Not talking past success.  Of course almost any fan of any sports franchise would love the Cowboys history.

Just talking about right now and the next few years.  The Cowboys are in a really difficult situation right now.

• Upvote 1

Or Houston? Jets have an excuse, a horrible roster & a sh*t ton of injuries. 
Cowboys have Zeke, Cooper, Lamb, Gallup. 
they lost scoring a crap load of points, that is really frustrating. 
Baker azz raped their defense. 

• Upvote 1

The cowboys have enough talent to make the playoffs and do something.  the jets are hopeless.  We can't even be enthusiastic about our last draft class as most of them have not taken a friggin snap.

Also Jerry jones takes lots of flack but he has at least assembled a team, our owners don;t know a football from a pineapple.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yeah, Houston might be in a class all by themselves.  Absolutely mortgaged the future to win now and look awful.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah, Houston might be in a class all by themselves.  Absolutely mortgaged the future to win now and look awful.

Obrien has too much Parcells in him. Wants to buy the groceries, got rid of a filet minon in Hopkins & he’s 0-4. He’s just lucky Jacksonville is in his division. 
JD at least gets an incomplete grade at this point. 

It all depends on how you look at the level of frustration.  We are going nowhere this year.  Team is awful and there is no hope for this year and the future is bleak.  We are couting on cap space, draft position and hoping JD knows what he is doing.  That is incredibly furstrating, but not necessarily on a week to week basis.  I expect the team to lose.  And I expect them to look bad doing it.

The Cowboys are in a garbage division.  At 1-3, they are still tied for first.  Their fans are probably way more frustrated when their teams lose on Sunday, but they are still relevant this year. 

All in all, I would rather my team be in the Cowboys position right now, frustrating loss, but still playing for something.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Jets or Cowboys?

The Jets situation is obviously sure.  Looks like our Young QB is a bust. Our roster is awful and we have the worst coach in the league.  However, there is likely going to be changes which will at least offer a glimmer of hope 

With the Cowboys, on paper you should be very good.  You have a QB most observers think is a high end player.  You have weapons all over the roster.  You have new coach, but the same old underachieving.

The Jets are in a clear rebuild.  The Cowboys are constantly treading water.  Not talking past success.  Talking this moment and moving forward over the next few years.

Rebuild is not the same as being complete garbage. Joe “Izzadik” Douglas just didn’t wanna pay players what they are worth these days so the only option was to let them sit or trade away (Adams) or let them hit FA (Robby). We are in this situation because our GM f*cked up the Adams deal and Mosley wisely decided to not play. These two players would’ve taken up 25+ mil in cap this year and would’ve made a massive difference on the D. 

We are not in a rebuild. We just suck, that’s all. We suck so bad, it almost gives the impression we are trying to rebuild. You don’t sign grandpas to play RB in rebuild years. 

• Thumb Down 1

47 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not talking past success.  Of course almost and fan of any sports franchise would love the Cowboys history.

Just talking about right now and the next few years.  The Cowboys are in a really difficult situation right now.

I definitely get what you are saying.

I just need some of our draft picks to pan out before I buy into the “hope” narrative and take our situation above anyone else’s 

At worse, the Cowboys will be a half game out of first place after week 4 and have a very explosive offense. I'd be stunned if they don't win that division going away.

The Jets are buried in the division and planning for the draft before Columbus Day two years in a row.

I'll just leave that there with no comment and you can make your own decision as to which situation is more frustrating.

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The cowboys have enough talent to make the playoffs and do something.  the jets are hopeless.  We can't even be enthusiastic about our last draft class as most of them have not taken a friggin snap.

Also Jerry jones takes lots of flack but he has at least assembled a team, our owners don;t know a football from a pineapple.

100% agree. The Jets are complete sh*t in every way. 

36 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Baker didn't do much today. Didn’t have to. The run game and OBJ raped them Cowboys. 

53 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Jets or Cowboys?

The Cowboys window has closed. Their defense is trash.

• Upvote 1

Our head coach appears to be clueless and our GM appears to be a complete meathead. Neither shows any sign of being able to evaluate talent, motivate talent or put it even close to a position to succeed. So I am going to go ahead and say the Jets situation is the worst in football. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Two head coaches have not been able to push a Cowboys team with Dak, Zeke Elliott, Amari Cooper, and company to anything more than the occasional playoff berth.   That is underachievement.

On the other hand, Jets head coaches seem to take a 4 win roster and will get what, 1 win out of it?

The Cowboys situation would infuriate me as a coach.  That's a team built to win now who swapped its head coach thinking that would be the difference.  The Jets are just a train wreck.

Living in the South, you just mention the Jets & you realize just how insignificant the NY Jets are down here. 
You don’t even get the usual SORRY when you say your a Jet fan, they look at you like the Jets aren’t even a real football team. 
They honestly believe their favorite college football team would beat the Jets. 
Apathy. 
Apathy for a team is literally the lowest abyss & I’ve seen pissed fans, for 50 years but I’m seeing way more apathy than I can ever remember for this team. They’re not gaining any young fans, they are a long standing joke in the NFL & 2009/2010 is like a blip in history & we’re the only ones that even remember our relevance for those 2 years. 
Feels like 20 years ago now. 

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, pointman said:

Us.. vs the Cowboys. They're the Cowboys, laughable by nature. However, we are filthy filthy bottom of the parallel garbage. Comparing us is sad and silly because we just.. don't compare. 

Even the trash barrel is ashamed to have us in it

• Upvote 1