Le’Veon wants to be traded now too

Rhg1084

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

No else sees this?

Gase is more interested in featuring Frank Gore on wheel out routes than using Bell in creative ways!

What? Everyone sees it. We just tired of talking about Gase this and that since ownership thinks he is brilliant and hasn't canned the loser who hasn't been competitive in five games. We get like 9 points a game.. at least thats what it feels like. 

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Sure I'd like to trade away every halfway talented player the Jets have. That way its just a team of Frito-Lay salesmen left to wear the green and white. Jets fans are great sometimes.

We are great. Some of us are realistic. Those 3 aren’t part of the future and an example of possibly getting value because other teams may heavily factor the Jets as the reason for their poor performance. It won’t matter either way though. This team is beyond repair. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Powell was a fine back. Every bit as good as the overrated trash Leveon Bell. Just didn't end up on the Pittsburgh offence.

They're all terrible. Hasn't been a good NFL back since Peterson. Dead position.

What? Powell had over 1000 all purpose yards only once in his career. Bell had like 3 years in Pitt with 2000 all purpose yards

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We are great. Some of us are realistic. Those 3 aren’t part of the future and an example of possibly getting value because other teams may heavily factor the Jets as the reason for their poor performance. It won’t matter either way though. This team is beyond repair. 

Darnold is part of the future. He proved that to me looking like the best QB we've had since Pennington with horrible coaches around him. Give him a competent coach, and he can easily do what Josh Allen is doing in Buffalo with a good coaching system.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TNJet said:

Darnold is part of the future. He proved that to me looking like the best QB we've had since Pennington with horrible coaches around him. Give him a competent coach, and he can easily do what Josh Allen is doing in Buffalo with a good coaching system.

I don’t think he is. I think he can be a good QB in the right situation but he doesn’t deserve this and we can’t justify resigning him based on his current performance which is all we have to go by. Plus, why the f*ck would he ever sign here after what this organization did to him?

I just think the situation isn’t salvageable for many reasons (timing, resentment, state of the roster etc). It’s a shame and I wish it weren’t this way but it’s beginning to look that way. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No, not really. When does JD's job actually start? When Maccagnan's mistakes are off the roster? You might have a point if Douglas brought in anyone worth anything, but he didnt. Simple ground rules- dont go on Twitter slamming the staff or asking to be traded during the season, that in fact is the General Managers responsibility and something he has control over.

What the should Douglas do?  Take a grown man’s phone from him?  Try and move him with the ridiculous contract that MM gave him?  When JD hires his own coach, makes big FA signings (not 1 year filler deals), and drafts his own QB, the clock starts ticking on him; not right now, when he has to fix the mess left behind by an all-time horrible GM.

Serious question, do you think before you go on these ridiculous tangents, or do you just look to be f*cking miserable every step of the way?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

They both are. Again, another example of this latest regime being disjointed. JD talking about the culture and all that didnt seem to have much teeth to it.

The HC is responsible for the players behavior. Any suggestion otherwise is ridiculous. JD upgraded the offensive line quite a bit from last year, which was his main goal.  You can't fault a GM bc of injuries to his rookie class. There are injuries all over the league bc of the lack of training camp and no preseason. Also,  Sam Darnold has been awful and you can't blame that on the GM. Blame that on the HC that was brought in to teach him. Darnold has been the #1 issue on the offense. Just bc you thought the Jets would win more than 4 games this year doesn't mean they ever were going to.  This roster was so barren going into this offseason that they had to bring in 7 new offensive lineman.  7 new offensive lineman with a shortened training camp and zero game reps before week 1. That's a lot to ask of a new starting 5 and you can see that they're getting better together each game.  Anybody who thought this team would be anywhere close to good was living in fantasy land. The only reason the Jets won more than 2 games last year is bc the defense played way above their talent level and that's not happening this year. You need to give a guy more than 1 offseason to fix the worst roster in the nfl. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, pointman said:

What? Everyone sees it. We just tired of talking about Gase this and that since ownership thinks he is brilliant and hasn't canned the loser who hasn't been competitive in five games. We get like 9 points a game.. at least thats what it feels like. 

3rd and 1....4th and 1...punt.

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Should have stayed in Pittsburgh 

Unfortunately, the lesson other players will take from this is “don’t go to the Jets.”

18 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

No else sees this?

Gase is more interested in featuring Frank Gore on wheel out routes than using Bell in creative ways!

Gase would rather have “was right about Le’Veon Bell” than “winning football coach” on his CV.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s great for you that you believe that.  You can join Kevin and his merry band of geniuses who wanted this gigantic f*cking mess fixed in one off-season so you could brag about all of your big, cap crippling, free agent, superstar signings at Vinny Stanziolini’s poker night in your Jets jersey. 

Absolutely asinine.

Progress was the goal. First step would be drafting guys who actually play. Too high a bar to clear for the Jets.

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

What the should Douglas do?  Take a grown man’s phone from him?  Try and move him with the ridiculous contract that MM gave him?  When JD hires his own coach, makes big FA signings (not 1 year filler deals), and drafts his own QB, the clock starts ticking on him; not right now, when he has to fix the mess left behind by an all-time horrible GM.

Serious question, do you think before you go on these ridiculous tangents, or do you just look to be f*cking miserable every step of the way?

JD will never ever be permitted to choose the next head coach.

The  brothers Johnson don’t roll that way.

Like the Knicks, the Jets will find it very difficult, if not impossible, to attract quality free agents, including coaches.  The organization has become the place where the careers of  coaches, QBs and good player go to die.  Thank you, Chris and Woody.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TMAC said:

Like the Knicks, the Jets will find it very difficult, if not impossible, to attract quality free agents, including coaches.  The organization has become the place where the careers of  coaches, QBs and good player go to die.  Thank you, Chris and Woody.

The sad thing is they think they're doing it right. Like, this is them actually trying.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Progress was the goal. First step would be drafting guys who actually play. Too high a bar to clear for the Jets.

Yeah I don’t think the goal was to net +1 positive on to a team that was already bottom of the barrel, like no way JD thought this team was this bad and now way he only wanted to net Becton.  His goal wasn’t to set his rebuild back and make the job even harder on him.  That’s nice and convenient but the early returns are disastrous and you’re whistling dixie if you actually think it’s going to suddenly change. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

I can’t believe I need to post this for the third time in who knows how many days:

Becton might be our LT for the next decade.

Mims had no significant injury history in college.  He, like many other players around the league, is out because there was no training camp or preseason and soft tissue injuries are running rampant.

Ashtyn Davis will be this teams FS of the future and was considered by many to be a perfectly fine pick, especially since JD knew he was trading Adams before the draft even started.  Had an interception called back today.

Zuniga?  Yeah, he’s got to get healthy.

Perine, when used, has looked like our best set of legs.  The big problem is, Gase would rather rush an ancient Gore up the gut 40 times a game.

James Morgan was a low risk/high reward move made because Joe Douglas didn’t fully believe in the same QB YOU have been saying sucks for 3 years now.

Clark was a developmental pick, perfectly acceptable for a 4th rounder. 

Bryce Hall was taken with the expectation that he wouldn’t contribute right away, once against, perfectly acceptable for a 5th round pick.

Braden Mann is an excellent use of a 6th rounder.  The fact that he’s looked as good as he has is even better.

Took a gamble on Quincy Wilson with his last pick.  Perfectly fine.

Following all this up, nobody, and I mean nobody, with a sound and sane mind, judges an entire draft class 5 games into its rookie season.

• Post of the Week 2

16 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

JD will never ever be permitted to choose the next head coach.

The  brothers Johnson don’t roll that way.

13FF74B5-5DD5-43E6-8AD6-5394EB670391.thumb.jpeg.9912b9d028e1599fbdfc94f3b6cd0566.jpeg

As long as Woody isn’t around (and he likely won’t), JD will have full control. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I can’t believe I need to post this for the third time in who knows how many days:

Mims had no significant injury history in college.  He, like many other players around the league, is out because there was no training camp or preseason and soft tissue injuries are running rampant.

Ashtyn Davis will be this teams FS of the future and was considered by many to be a perfectly fine pick, especially since JD knew he was trading Adams before the draft even started.  Had an interception called back today.

Perine, when used, has looked like our best set of legs.  The big problem is, Gase would rather rush an ancient Gore up the gut 40 times a game.

James Morgan was a low risk/high reward move made because Joe Douglas didn’t fully believe in the same QB YOU have been saying sucks for 3 years now.

Bryce Hall was taken with the expectation that he wouldn’t contribute right away, once against, perfectly acceptable for a 5th round pick.

Braden Mann is an excellent use of a 6th rounder.  The fact that he’s looked as good as he has is even better.

Following all this up, nobody, and I mean nobody, with a sound and sane mind, judges an entire draft class 5 games into its rookie season.

The question I have is, does Douglas give Gase a few extra weeks if/when Mims and Becton come back just to be sporting about it?

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

200.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yeah I don’t think the goal was to net +1 positive on to a team that was already bottom of the barrel, like no way JD thought this team was this bad and now way he only wanted to net Becton.  His goal wasn’t to set his rebuild back and make the job even harder on him.  That’s nice and convenient but the early returns are disastrous and you’re whistling dixie if you actually think it’s going to suddenly change. 

You think Bell would be killing it in KC? 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Adam Gase the moron doesn't know how to use Le'Veon Bell in the passing game, cant blame him for being frustrated that and sharing time with 37 yr old Frank Gore. 

Adam Gase has completely lost this team. 

Need more players to destroy Adam Gase. 

Unfortunately, the players cannot destroy the Johnson brothers and the extreme sh*t show they created.  Personally, I hope Gase gets a ten-year contract renewal.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Im sure there will a line of suitors to pay him $15 mill/yr

leveon has done his job here. Can’t blame anyone for being frustrated or trying to get out

Just trade him - eat his salary and get a 3rd for him. 10M for a 3rd rounder. As if keeping him at this point would make any difference.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nice recap.  Joe D has a six-year contract.  We can only hope he knows what he's doing but early results are meh.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Going with my gut here, but the vibe surrounding Becton right now seems off. I'm not confident. Mims I have zero faith in- bad vibes there too pre-draft, Zuniga apparently went where Ozzie Smith went in the Simpsons.

Davis is athletic. Perine maybe will be good, stuck behind Bell, Gore and wasnt playing ahead of Ballage. 

Not making a full judgement on the class but you can certainly say it doesnt look promising.

Can’t judge a QB without weapons. Can’t judge weapons without OL. Can’t judge OL without coaching. Can’t judge coaching without a QB...

fail merry go round GIF

• Haha 1