Le’Veon wants to be traded now too

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah I don’t think the goal was to net +1 positive on to a team that was already bottom of the barrel, like no way JD thought this team was this bad and now way he only wanted to net Becton.  His goal wasn’t to set his rebuild back and make the job even harder on him.  That’s nice and convenient but the early returns are disastrous and you’re whistling dixie if you actually think it’s going to suddenly change. 

The team isn’t this bad.  A competent coaching staff has this team competing week-to-week, at the very least.  Look at Kyle Shannahan.  Half of his team is dead and they’re winning games, and competing in losses.  Say what you want about Joe Judge, but even he has the Giants in every single game that they’ve played.

I’m not going out and saying that we’re a good team who can contend for a Super Bowl right now, however, coaching is far and away the largest issue with this team.  QB is a close second.  Hire the right guy, and draft Lawrence, Fields, or Lance, and move forward.  If we still suck this badly 3-4 years from now??  Yeah, it’s probably likely that JD was all hype and no substance.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The question I have is, does Douglas give Gase a few extra weeks if/when Mims and Becton come back just to be sporting about it?

The truth is, this staff has no interim HCs on it that will make a difference.  Maybe Boyer is deserving but, honestly, at this rate, it doesn’t matter.  Ride Gase out, show candidates that you aren’t going to fire them mid-season, and lure them here with the first overall pick.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mogglez said:

The truth is, this staff has no interim HCs on it that will make a difference.  Maybe Boyer is deserving but, honestly, at this rate, it doesn’t matter.  Ride Gase out, show candidates that you aren’t going to fire them mid-season, and lure them here with the first overall pick.

$9.99 on Amazon

toy story 90s GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The team isn’t this bad.  A competent coaching staff has this team competing week-to-week, at the very least.  Look at Kyle Shannahan.  Half of his team is dead and they’re winning games, and competing in losses.  Say what you want about Joe Judge, but even he has the Giants in every single game that they’ve played.

I’m not going out and saying that we’re a good team who can contend for a Super Bowl right now, however, coaching is far and away the largest issue with this team.  QB is a close second.  Hire the right guy, and draft Lawrence, Fields, or Lance, and move forward.  If we still suck this badly 3-4 years from now??  Yeah, it’s probably likely that JD was all hype and no substance.  

It’s one of, if not the least talented Football team I’ve ever seen in this league.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can’t believe I need to post this for the third time in who knows how many days:

Becton might be our LT for the next decade.

Mims had no significant injury history in college.  He, like many other players around the league, is out because there was no training camp or preseason and soft tissue injuries are running rampant.

Ashtyn Davis will be this teams FS of the future and was considered by many to be a perfectly fine pick, especially since JD knew he was trading Adams before the draft even started.  Had an interception called back today.

Zuniga?  Yeah, he’s got to get healthy.

Perine, when used, has looked like our best set of legs.  The big problem is, Gase would rather rush an ancient Gore up the gut 40 times a game.

James Morgan was a low risk/high reward move made because Joe Douglas didn’t fully believe in the same QB YOU have been saying sucks for 3 years now.

Clark was a developmental pick, perfectly acceptable for a 4th rounder. 

Bryce Hall was taken with the expectation that he wouldn’t contribute right away, once against, perfectly acceptable for a 5th round pick.

Braden Mann is an excellent use of a 6th rounder.  The fact that he’s looked as good as he has is even better.

Took a gamble on Quincy Wilson with his last pick.  Perfectly fine.

Following all this up, nobody, and I mean nobody, with a sound and sane mind, judges an entire draft class 5 games into its rookie season.

Becton has been his best move. By far.

Mims' start is unfortunate but very concerning. He was raw to begin with and now he had a late start. A lost season for him. Not good.

Davis has shown nothing. The pick was thrown when Murray knew he had a free play. Terrible coverage on the Hopkins TD. Terrible.

Zuniga was always hurt and was always going to be hurt. Terrible.

Perine looked a mediocre back in college and looks a mediocre back now. If you're going to take a Running Back, which I'd never really advise, they should have some excellent attributes that could develop into something. Perine's ceiling is Bilal Powell. Terrible.

Morgan, Clark and Hall were fine. Mann was an excellent pick. You're in hit and hope territory at that point.

The Wilson trade was garbage. Another proven failure. 

All of this wouldn't be a problem if his free agency hadn't been such an unmitigated disaster. He went cheap on the O-line and it shows. He went cheap at WR and it shows. Anderson should have been signed. Conklin should have been signed. Get the quality players we have the space to get instead of renting trash. 

Douglas probably wont be gone this season but he should be on a very short leash. The only two other winless seasons (Tampa don't really count) the GM's were sacked midseason. If JD oversees that record then he should be gone. He wont be but he should. As bad a position as he was in there is absolutely no excuse for the product on the field at the minute. It's as bad as it gets and he actively made the team worse. 

• Upvote 3

JD comes in and upgrades the line. Gase obviously from the day he got here was a miserable person. Mac signs CJ Moseley and Lev Bell. Gase just lets Bell waste away. He played well today and it shows that he still has juice left. Gase has totally lost the team with the most horrendous game plans. He never ever makes any adjustments at half time. Let’s face it Gase is a big problem if that was not the case then the players would be screaming for fans to back down on the criticism. Yet there is crickets.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

It’s one of, if not the least talented Football team I’ve ever seen in this league.  

I’m not disagreeing.  That said, a good coach and his staff win against the Broncos, and possibly even the corpse of the 49ers that we played against.  At the very least, they look significantly better than they have.  

The 49ers, in their current state (injuries), are less talented than us.  They have won 2 games in that state.   

The Giants are on par with us, talent wise (especially with Barkley out), and, while they are also 0-5, they look like an NFL team.  We look like we would lose to Alabama.

Our head coach, who runs the offense, doesn’t use motion to make life easy for his QB.  He doesn’t use specific route combinations in conjunction with each other to scheme guys open.  Our coach saw Le’Veon Bell and said “nah f*ck that, we’re running Frank Gore up the gut for ~3.3 YPC”.  Use Bell in the passing game??  Nah, Gore can do that too.

This team needs an infusion of talent, yes. I’m not denying that.  However, they aren’t as bad as Gase and his coaching staff has made them seem.  Gregg Williams is just as guilty with his play calling and scheming.  They are both stubborn a**holes who would rather die by their scheme than adjust.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not disagreeing.  That said, a good coach and his staff win against the Broncos, and possibly even the corpse of the 49ers that we played against.  At the very least, they look significantly better than they have.  

The 49ers, in their current state (injuries), are less talented than us.  They have won 2 games in that state.   

The Giants are on par with us, talent wise (especially with Barkley out), and, while they are also 0-5, they look like an NFL team.  We look like we would lose to Alabama.

Our head coach, who runs the offense, doesn’t use motion to make life easy for his QB.  He doesn’t use specific route combinations in conjunction with each other to scheme guys open.  Our coach saw Le’Veon Bell and said “nah f*ck that, we’re running Frank Gore up the gut for ~3.3 YPC”.  Use Bell in the passing game??  Nah, Gore can do that too.

This team needs an infusion of talent, yes. I’m not denying that.  However, they aren’t as bad as Gase and his coaching staff has made them seem.  Gregg Williams is just as guilty with his play calling and scheming.  They are both stubborn a**holes who would rather die by their scheme than adjust.

Buddy we look like we would lose to Alaska

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Mims' start is unfortunate but very concerning. He was raw to begin with and now he had a late start. A lost season for him. Not good.

Davis has shown nothing. The pick was thrown when Murray knew he had a free play. Terrible coverage on the Hopkins TD. Terrible.

Perine looked a mediocre back in college and looks a mediocre back now. If you're going to take a Running Back, which I'd never really advise, they should have some excellent attributes that could develop into something. Perine's ceiling is Bilal Powell. Terrible.

Morgan, Clark and Hall were fine. Mann was an excellent pick. You're in hit and hope territory at that point.

All of this wouldn't be a problem if his free agency hadn't been such an unmitigated disaster. He went cheap on the O-line and it shows. He went cheap at WR and it shows. Anderson should have been signed. Conklin should have been signed. Get the quality players we have the space to get instead of renting trash. 

Douglas probably wont be gone this season but he should be on a very short leash. The only two other winless seasons (Tampa don't really count) the GM's were sacked midseason. If JD oversees that record then he should be gone. He wont be but he should. As bad a position as he was in there is absolutely no excuse for the product on the field at the minute. It's as bad as it gets and he actively made the team worse. 

Becton we agree on.

Mims doesn’t concern me.  If he had an extensive history I’d be concerned, but he’s never missed time like this before.  Furthermore, it’s not like he was a reach pick, many, if not all experts viewed him as a great value pick.

Davis, IMO, will be fine.  Would be nice if Gregg played him, but he’d rather throw Marcus Maye at the line with McDougald playing in a different layer of the atmosphere for soft zone coverage plays.

We’ll see about Zuniga.  I have my doubts as well, but he checked a lot of the boxes as far as measurables and motor go.  The problem is, the best ability is availability.

Bilal Powell carved out a very nice career for himself. I would take that for a 4th in a heartbeat.  Issue here is that Gase won’t play him because of his infatuation with Gore so we won’t know what he can be until Gase is gone.

Agreed with Morgan, Clark, and Hall.

Quincy Wilson was a 6th round gamble.  You can’t throw the other guys in hit and hope territory and then call throwing a 6th on a vet “terrible”.  C’mon.  That’s silly.  Most 6th rounders don’t make the roster.  I have zero problems with the trade.

14 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

JD needs to own this and right now he looks foolish.  Unless, it was a tank for Trevor from the git go.

Becton we agree on.

Mims doesn’t concern me.  Furthermore, it’s not like he was a reach pick, many, if not all experts viewed him as a great value pick.

Davis, IMO, will be fine.  Would be nice if Gregg played him, but he’d rather throw Marcus Maye at the line with McDougald playing in a different layer of the atmosphere.

We’ll see about Zuniga.  I have my doubts as well, but he checked a lot of the boxes as far as measurables and motor go.  The problem is, the best ability is availability.

Bilal Powell carved out a very nice career for himself. I would take that for a 4th in a heartbeat.  Issue here is that Gase won’t play him because of his infatuation with Gore so we won’t know what he can be until Gase is gone.

Agreed with Morgan, Clark, and Hall.

Quincy Wilson was a 6th round gamble.  You can’t throw the other guys in hit and hope territory and then call throwing a 6th on a vet “terrible”.  C’mon.  That’s silly.  Most 6th rounders don’t make the roster.  I have zero problems with the trade.

Problem is early indication show he missed on Claypool and took sloppy seconds with Mims.  Yeah, I get it.  Way too early but the questions on Douglas draft acumen scream Idzik.

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Problem is early indication show he missed on Claypool and took sloppy seconds with Mims.  Yeah, I get it.  Way too early but the questions on Douglas draft acumen scream Idzik.

Claypool is not lighting it up under Gase.  Period.  No one is.  You typically judge a draft class after 3 years.  Mims has plenty of time to show he was worth a selection.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

No guaranteed money after this season

The key word is AFTER this season.  When the Jets will have cut him and he'll be available to anybody.  Who exactly needs a 28-year old washed RB with nearly 2,000 career touches as a rental?  

Right now any team trading for him would be taking on $13M in space.  No contending team can afford that right now.  Only 9 teams have that much cap space at the moment, and they're all either non-contenders OR don't need a RB.

• Upvote 1

Claypool is not lighting it up under Gase.  Period.  No one is.  You typically judge a draft class after 3 years.  Mims has plenty of time to show he was worth a selection.

and right now Joe D looks the loser.  The purpose of the draft is to acquire players with a future.  Claypool > Mims at this point and JD had his choice of either.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

and right now Joe D looks the loser.  The purpose of the draft is to acquire players with a future.  Claypool > Mims at this point and JD had his choice of either.

Again.  You don’t judge write the story on a draft 5 games in unless you are batsh*t insane.  It’s also very likely that if the players were on opposite teams, were saying that Mims is a stud and Claypool is a bust because Gase can’t coach for sh*t.  Judge them 3-4 years down the road.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Adam Gase the moron doesn't know how to use Le'Veon Bell in the passing game, cant blame him for being frustrated that and sharing time with 37 yr old Frank Gore. 

Adam Gase has completely lost this team. 

Need more players to destroy Adam Gase. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

"Im here to build the best culture in sports"- Joe Douglas 

eek

This is being caused by our idiot owner letting a GM that he was planning to fire run the draft and FA.  That plus our clueless HC (handpicked by our idiot owner) wanted nothing to do him anyway.

Yet another reason to think the problem here is NOT Sam Darnold.  

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again.  You don’t judge write the story on a draft 5 games in unless you are batsh*t insane.  It’s also very likely that if the players were on opposite teams, were saying that Mims is a stud and Claypool is a bust because Gase can’t coach for sh*t.  Judge them 3-4 years down the road.

3-4 years?  The average NFL career is 3 years.  You have to evaluate them much sooner.  I just watched a 4th rd rookie get his first sack in the first game he was active but you’re taking about 3-4years?   There maybe been a time where this was true but not anymore.  You have to find a way to make an impact quick or your gone. 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is being caused by our idiot owner letting a GM that he was planning to fire run the draft and FA.  That plus our clueless HC (handpicked by our idiot owner) wanted nothing to do him anyway.

Yet another reason to think the problem here is NOT Sam Darnold.  

Sam Darnold is most certainly part of the problem here. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

3-4 years?  The average NFL career is 3 years.  You have to evaluate them much sooner.  I just watched a 4th rd rookie get his first sack in the first game he was active but you’re taking about 3-4years?   There maybe been a time where this was true but not anymore.  You have to find a way to make an impact quick or your gone. 

Maybe sooner than 3-4, you’re right...I’m a little old-school with that regard.  That said, I’m not knocking doors down until these guys get a shot with a competent coach.