So is the 32nd pick overall worth Jamal

kevinc855

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

The Seahawks are 5-0......he was out the last 2 games. Before that he was balling leading in tackles on some games. Next

He wasn’t “balling”.  He was giving up 100+ yards to Calvin Ridley, Julian Edelman, and Michael Gallup.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@kevinc855

With Jamal Adams in the lineup:

Seahawks passing D :  431 yards allowed per game

Without Adams in the lineup:

Seahawks Passing D :  280 yards allowed per game

Jamal Adams in 2020, when targeted:

• 115.3 QB Rating
  • 73.3 Completion %
  • 13.9 Yards per Target

He’s not going to answer this.

Leading Rushers against Jamal this season.  I didn’t include the cowboys game because he was used more in coverage and had a whopping two tackles while getting dusted by Gallup:

BC501455-6BD6-45A2-9D85-B5CB7E936F0F.jpeg.8ad1aabc796651c857f9376329c9be12.jpeg

A5F69550-012B-41E2-84CE-BA8FF903BEAE.jpeg.7becece3ba0e7b6b00209a2f2072dd46.jpeg

Arthritic Todd Gurley and Cam Newton bulldozed the blitzer extraordinaire for 4 YPC and 3TDs.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

contra case 

these teams all have world class athletes

the difference is confidence

guys like Ra and 33 brought confidence to the proceedings, even when there was no logical reason to be confident

33 gets traded, Mosely opts out a week later these are not un-related events, although we like to pretend they are 

the locker room culture dissolved with these subtractions and all the other good players they let walk like Demario Davis or Teddy Bridgewater 

1 guy won't change an entire franchise. But it's not just 1 guy. you could make an awesome team with all the guys they let go. 

by the way the defense is somehow worse than the offense right now. they could fire Gase but Williams is actually stealing his paycheck worse than Gase right now

they gave up like 500 yards to Arizona on Sunday 

all of this is to say yes it's fine for fans to wish this team still had heart, character and players who gave a damn. To say their absence makes no difference is just as valid as me saying they'd be in the Super Bowl with them. These are hypotheticals and not provable either way 

i do believe this language is harmful tho because it lets the Jets off the hook for some truly bad decisions and makes it all feel like it was inevitable. This winless season was not inevitable. 

There is so much wrong and silly about this post, I just don't know where to start.....

The is the worst of the many pipe dreams I've heard here  lately, only slightly less dumb than the Tevor Lawrence, Savior ideas. 

The implication is "if we'd only kept all the mostly losers, JAG's and one all-pro underproducing primadonna, we'd be a awesome team".  That is so Jetsy it literally hurts, and no Bit, it's not true, at all, in any way.  If we "had a team of all the guys we let go", we'd be exactly where we are today, with more spent, and fewer draft picks.

But if it makes you feel better to think we're REALLY close, if only we get a new GM who overpays everyone you like no matter how overhyped or underperforming, have at it.  Whatever gets you through the night, I guess. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:
  1. 2021 round 1 pick
  2. 2022 round 1 pick
  3. 2021 upgraded round 4 pick to round 3
  4. $18-20MM per year that can be used on another 

I don't see how this is whittled down to the idea where it yields just the first point alone, let alone where a dumpster fire season is the one in which we'd give up all that for another year of Jamal Adams (who's also missed 2 full games and a big part of a 3rd game already, I might add).

It would take intellectual dishonesty or disability or both to frame things that way.

Exactly.

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Jd is that you? 

I’m going to ask you again.  Why has he sucked in Seattle, why is his current replacement putting up his average stat line, and why is Seattle’s defense better without him?  Answer the f*cking questions or stop making these stupid threads.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Two firsts and a third.

Let's see what the picks turn into, anyway. Leo for a 3rd and a 5th felt like highway robbery, but then Ashytn Davis has been a nothing so far.

What they turn into isn't really relevant to the value of the trade itself. 

If the GM sucks, the picks will suck.  The net will be bad, true, but the TRADE was still good.  We would have just ****ed it up ourselves, not because the trade was bad.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Leading in tackles in some games?  Well why didn’t you just say that to begin with?   How can anyone argue with that?  I mean, it totally invalidates the fact that the defense sucks with him and got better without him.  I hope the Jets can draft someone with these two picks who can lead in tackles in some games.

Cool — we got two 1st rounders & more in exchange for failing to extend Victor Green II at $20MM/year.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Seahawks making JD look like he got had right now. 

They haven’t won anything yet.  Their offense looks good but their defense is a sieve. When was the last time a team with all offense and no defense won the Super Bowl. Maybe the rams greatest show on turf but even they could play some defense.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@kevinc855

With Jamal Adams in the lineup:

Seahawks passing D :  431 yards allowed per game

Without Adams in the lineup:

Seahawks Passing D :  280 yards allowed per game

Jamal Adams in 2020, when targeted:

• 115.3 QB Rating
  • 73.3 Completion %
  • 13.9 Yards per Target

But the tweets

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

They haven’t won anything yet.  Their offense looks good but their defense is a sieve. When was the last time a team with all offense and no defense won the Super Bowl. Maybe the rams greatest show on turf but even they could play some defense.

If the Seahawks do anything it’s because Russell Wilson is terrific and they found a superstar gem in DK Metcalf

Just think if Macagnan had grown a brain and traded Leo for a 2nd in early 2019 like he should have we probably draft DK Metcalf and he is right now Sam Darnold’s BFF

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’m going to ask you again.  Why has he sucked in Seattle, why is his current replacement putting up his average stat line, and why is Seattle’s defense better without him?  Answer the f*cking questions or stop making these stupid threads.

He hasn’t sucked in Seattle in any way shape or form. Stop posturing and making opinions if you’re into warped facts ??

• Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

He hasn’t sucked in Seattle in any way shape or form. Stop posturing and making opinions if you’re into warped facts ??

He has sucked in Seattle and I, as well as @Jetsfan80 have posted tangible statistics in both the pass and run game to back that up. You have done nothing but deflect and ignore them, so I’m going to ask you again and again until you answer with something that isn’t “I’m mad to the point that I can’t type coherent sentences because the Jamal Adams jersey I have is now useless”.  

Why has he sucked in Seattle, why is his current replacement putting up his average stat line, and why is Seattle’s defense better without him?  Answer the f*cking questions or stop making these stupid threads.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Only significant reason I wish Jamal Adams was back on this team is he would be outspoken about the piss poor HC coach and the organization. 

Where are you? On planet Mars. We don’t need that big mouth, hypocrital, self aggrandized azzhole’s 2 cents opinion. We got every poster on here besides @SAR I screaming, bitzing, crying, complaining, cursing, demanding, pleading. and praying to relieve us from this fraud. 

Jag
One all pro
Prima Donna

Which one is robby?

Jets Fans have this amazing ability to overrate the players who are grown here and crap all over them when they leave

How about James farrior? Keyshawn? It's a long tradition

Good players leave this team to win a ring elsewhere. And we blindly support the Jets like its Stockholm syndrome.

Did you ever stop to wonder maybe the Jets are the ones that are wrong, not the players who leave?

There is so much wrong and silly about this post, I just don't know where to start.....
The is the worst of the many pipe dreams I've heard here  lately, only slightly less dumb than the Tevor Lawrence, Savior ideas. 
The implication is "if we'd only kept all the mostly losers, JAG's and one all-pro underproducing primadonna, we'd be a awesome team".  That is so Jetsy it literally hurts, and no Bit, it's not true, at all, in any way.  If we "had a team of all the guys we let go", we'd be exactly where we are today, with more spent, and fewer draft picks.
But if it makes you feel better to think we're REALLY close, if only we get a new GM who overpays everyone you like no matter how overhyped or underperforming, have at it.  Whatever gets you through the night, I guess. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

This is the real answer until the draft picks happen these picks are just picks

A Jamal Adams sized hole in the defense and dead cap space is not in fact an upgrade

And the ridiculous cherry picking of pass coverage stats is practically flat earthian

No one ever pretended that 33 could cover wide outs

Two firsts and a third.
Let's see what the picks turn into, anyway. Leo for a 3rd and a 5th felt like highway robbery, but then Ashytn Davis has been a nothing so far.

He changed the seahawks locker room culture on defense

He makes the team better just by being there. That's what all pros do

Meanwhile The Jets locker room has no culture, no heart, no victories and people are doing a victory lap

In what universe is this Jets defense something to celebrate? They just gave up 500 yards to Arizona

Leading in tackles in some games?  Well why didn’t you just say that to begin with?   How can anyone argue with that?  I mean, it totally invalidates the fact that the defense sucks with him and got better without him.  I hope the Jets can draft someone with these two picks who can lead in tackles in some games.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

He changed the seahawks locker room culture on defense

He makes the team better just by being there. That's what all pros do

Meanwhile The Jets locker room has no culture, no heart, no victories and people are doing a victory lap

In what universe is this Jets defense something to celebrate? They just gave up 500 yards to Arizona

1) How?  Be specific.

2) The evidence speaks to the contrary, as the defense has been better without him.

3) They were terrible when he was there too.

4) Who’s celebrating them?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If the Seahawks do anything it’s because Russell Wilson is terrific and they found a superstar gem in DK Metcalf

Just think if Macagnan had grown a brain and traded Leo for a 2nd in early 2019 like he should have we probably draft DK Metcalf and he is right now Sam Darnold’s BFF

That’s quite a reach using Mac and brain in the same sentence.  Maybe we should just go all the way back to when Bradway was wanting Wilson. Yes metcalf is a darn good receiver.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

That’s quite a reach using Mac and brain in the same sentence.  Maybe we should just go all the way back to when Bradway was wanting Wilson. Yes metcalf is a darn good receiver.

Bradway: I really like this Wilson kid in Wisconsin.  Maybe we take a look at him for the second round pick?

Woody: No thanks.  I heard Tim Tebow is available and Stephen Hill runs a 4.27 40!

Jag
One all pro
Prima Donna

Which one is robby?

Don't you mean SunRa? :roll:

Robby was a #2 talent forced into a #1 role he didn't fill very well here, for us.  I called him a JAG many times, because he pretty much was here.  

Now, if you want to blame the Head Coaches, the QB's, the O-line, the supporting talent, etc., for Robby fine, be my guest. 

But he was a 700 yard WR here.  That is simply a fact.  Not the 1,500 yard WR he appears to be in Carolina.  Even his biggest fans didn't predict/project the production he's put up down there thru 5 games, so please, don't insult my intelligence by pretending you knew this would happen.  You didn't, and we both know it.

Jets Fans have this amazing ability to overrate the players who are grown here and crap all over them when they leave

I never overrated him when here, nor am I sh*tting on him now that he is gone.  He's doing very well down there.  I just don't care, because I don't root for Carolina, and he simply wasn't that good here.

Good players leave this team to win a ring elsewhere. And we blindly support the Jets like its Stockholm syndrome.

You can always stop, if you want Bit.

Did you ever stop to wonder maybe the Jets are the ones that are wrong, not the players who leave?

Yes Bit, because I am world famous on Jets forums for defending every move the Jets make.  Hi, nice to meet you, you discovered that I am Ray Ray's alt. account all this time.

(P.S. I don't, and I'm not).

And I've agreed with you many times, the team is poor, which proves their decisions have been poor, and they need to start spending closer to the cap if they ever want to compete.  I'm literally ranting in other threads on that very topic.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on your hypothetical Anderson-still-a-Jet-in-2020 outrage.  /shrug.

6 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Where are you? On planet Mars. We don’t need that big mouth, hypocrital, self aggrandized azzhole’s 2 cents opinion. We got every poster on here besides @SAR I screaming, bitzing, crying, complaining, cursing, demanding, pleading. and praying to relieve us from this fraud. 

The mistake you make is thinking the 10 loud voices on JN, 3 beat reporters, and 1 radio personality represent the 5 million Jets fans on this planet.

I talk to other PSL owners and season ticket holders all the time and our collective point of view is that the Jets need to stop the revolving door of GM's and HC's and give this pair a chance to do it the right way, like the Ravens do, like the Steelers do.  We just hired them a season ago and it takes more than a year to fix a decade of awful drafting and signing.  It would be the most dysfunctional Jet-like thing to fire Gase after giving him the biggest pile of sh-t job in professional sports without seeing what he could do with some decent players and no injuries.

SAR I