So is the 32nd pick overall worth Jamal

kevinc855

Just now, bitonti said:

the "turn" as they call it in fantasy drafts

The real benefit is having the 3rd round #1. That is when all the front offices review what went down on day 1, look at all that talent that they can have at that spot, and trade oodles of value to the Jets for the opportunity for the #97 pick.

We are sitting pretty.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

The real benefit is having the 3rd round #1. That is when all the front offices review what went down on day 1, look at all that talent that they can have at that spot, and trade oodles of value to the Jets for the opportunity for the #97 pick.

We are sitting pretty.

Yes we are as long as Adam Gase is no longer the HC or do you support Adam Gase which then I would say you're priorities are ****ed up. 

We need to rebuild this roster so I’ll take the premium picks. If we were close to being a legit SB contender I would disagree but we are soooo far from being that. 

I don’t deny how great a football player he is. But signing an in the box safety to a $17m Per year contract in 2020 or 2021 with Covid in the backdrop doesn’t make sense for our team.

Also how can we judge this trade after 5 weeks. It’s so silly. They owe use first rounders in 2021 and 2022. Are we not several years early with this thread?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Seahawks making JD look like he got had right now. 

Yep, I'd definitely rather have Jamal Adams on this team than the trade compensation. Just think, if we had Jamal we'd still be 0-5, but with the added bonus of a bitching "star" on a bad defense

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Jamal didn’t even play tonight, it’s the second game in a row where the defense looks the same without him, his replacement put up a similar stat line to Jamal’s average game, but, somehow, the GM that got “had” is the one that got two first round picks for a guy so easily replaced.

Absolutely astounding.

thats why playing here and working for this franchise is an abysmal experience.  Unless anything we do as a team is the best in the NFL its automatically dog Sh't.  JD only got the 32nd pick, not the 1st overall?  "Terrible trade, fire him, incompetent buffoon" 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

We are sitting pretty.

Day 1 is just the 1st round. Day 2 is the second and third rounds.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

We are sitting pretty.

unless the league has changed the format and I didn't hear, the 3rd round is in the middle of Friday day 2, broheim 

by the way these picks are all theoretical and coming from a compromised CFB season

the entire Pac 12 isn't playing and all of Div 1-AA,2,3 etc the programs that are playing are doing half seasons at best

these players are not going to develop the same as other years

it doesn't sound like a big difference but by round 3 the Jets will be drafting Alabama's backups because that's all they have film on

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Seriously, these whiny "wish we still had X" threads are just tiresome at this point.  Adams makes no difference to US today, same as Anderson makes no difference to US today.  Sure, it's be cool to have them, but we don't suck because we don't.  We suck because of Gase, Darnold and injuries.

contra case 

these teams all have world class athletes

the difference is confidence

guys like Ra and 33 brought confidence to the proceedings, even when there was no logical reason to be confident

33 gets traded, Mosely opts out a week later these are not un-related events, although we like to pretend they are 

the locker room culture dissolved with these subtractions and all the other good players they let walk like Demario Davis or Teddy Bridgewater 

1 guy won't change an entire franchise. But it's not just 1 guy. you could make an awesome team with all the guys they let go. 

by the way the defense is somehow worse than the offense right now. they could fire Gase but Williams is actually stealing his paycheck worse than Gase right now

they gave up like 500 yards to Arizona on Sunday 

all of this is to say yes it's fine for fans to wish this team still had heart, character and players who gave a damn. To say their absence makes no difference is just as valid as me saying they'd be in the Super Bowl with them. These are hypotheticals and not provable either way 

i do believe this language is harmful tho because it lets the Jets off the hook for some truly bad decisions and makes it all feel like it was inevitable. This winless season was not inevitable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Loved Jamal as a player, but considering our current situation, I'd rather have the picks honestly. 

Actually, JD needs to identify any other players he can sell off at the deadline this year as well.

If anything, the Seahawks winning without Adams in the lineup kind of suggests they're the ones who made an unnecessary deal.

Jamal Adams was a superstar playmaker currently we have none. 

The trade was a good one moving forward the players we draft will determine it all. 

Who's NY Jets jersey is selling currently the answer is no one. 

I know a guy who sells jerseys and he cant give NY Jets jerseys away (Bell,Darnold,Adams no longer with the team) 

We are a bottom of the barrel NFL team with a very bad roster. 

Only way to go is up from here. I hope

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

This place went nuts last year when JD passed on the Cowboys offer to fleece us. Can you imagine if he passed on two #1's, plus another pick and a player, to keep Adams and we are still sitting here at 0-5 with the worst defense on the planet? Get a grip people.

And you'd have Adams going full retard on social media. 

JD gets an A+++++++ for the Adams trade. On paper, it's one of the best trades we have ever made.

He has to make the right draft picks for it to work out in the end, but no one thought he was going to get anywhere near what he got for Adams. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

When we made that trade did anyone think those picks would be any better than pick 25? Seahawks have one of the best qbs in the nfl. Wilson alone can carry that team into the playoffs. 

I think the thinking was that if there were ever a year for Russ to sit out because of COVID and his newborn, this would be it. Instead, he's gone supersaiyan, and our pick has gotten worse with each passing game because of it. 

1. 2021 round 1 pick
  2. 2022 round 1 pick
  3. 2021 upgraded round 4 pick to round 3
  4. $18-20MM per year that can be used on another 

I don't see how this is whittled down to the idea where it yields just the first point alone, let alone where a dumpster fire season is the one in which we'd give up all that for another year of Jamal Adams (who's also missed 2 full games and a big part of a 3rd game already, I might add).

It would take intellectual dishonesty or disability or both to frame things that way.

• Upvote 3