CJ Mosley is next.....

NYJ1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

they might have even encouraged him to sit it out.  We don't know. If there is a real tank-job going on and they actually value Mosley, they may have told him to take a year off as long as he spends it in the gym and keeps in touch with the team and trainers.. 

Is this really a possibility? Maybe it is. Would be good news if it was!

19 hours ago, pointman said:

We are at "scratch". We can't get any lower. Dropping every semi-talented player we have is just being a dick to the fans, not rebuilding. We've been rebuilding for the last decade.

and will continue to rebuild and to pay way below average coaches two at a time as long as the Johnson's own the team. 

On 10/15/2020 at 5:40 PM, BigRy56 said:

Rightfully so - love this guys game but he'll have not played in 2 years.

Didn't he also take a 10mil bonus this year then opt out of the season only to be seen at a bar?

Hahahaha, Holy Fckn Hypocrite, Batman, please someone substantiate this, LMAO.  

2 hours ago, jetophile said:

Hahahaha, Holy Fckn Hypocrite, Batman, please someone substantiate this, LMAO.  

True, he got $10 million roster bonus.

Mosley was set to have a $17.5 millioncap hit in 2020 — one of the largest cap hits among defensive players in the NFL. $6 million of that came in the form of base salary, $10 million of it was a roster bonus, and an additional $1.5 million was consisting of bonusprorations (additional signing bonusmoney).

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Mosley was set to have a $17.5 millioncap hit in 2020 — one of the largest cap hits among defensive players in the NFL. $6 million of that came in the form of base salary, $10 million of it was a roster bonus, and an additional $1.5 million was consisting of bonusprorations (additional signing bonusmoney).

No, I knew about that unarmed robbery, I meant opting out of the season because of COVID-19 and then after absconding, being spotted rubbing elbows and commingling in a bar. If that's not a rumor then I don't know if I should slap the guy on the back and congratulate him for gaming the system or sticking out my foot and hoping that he trips on his face and loses a tooth.

Allow me to quantify this, though. I'm of the mind that the NFL doesn't give a flying fck about anybody OR their health, it's all pretense; but if Mosely cited health reasons for collecting big and sitting and then went out and partied in a "public" place he should at least own his hypocrisy as he chortles in the face of Death. It would be s-o-o-o-o refreshing to witness. Why? Well, I don't know about you, but it appears to me that people in ALL walks of life are more full of shi t then they used to be before a virus crippled The World At Large. Either that, or they're just more blatant about being unapologetically hypocritical and then double down and say hypocrite what, who me? "Fck you, it's a set up!" i.e. let me shutter your barber shop/gets haircut. 

I'll leave it at that because rules; but there's really no way around stating facts and facts are not opinions. I would just love to see a picture of him partying down, especially if he's not wearing a mask while he's doing it . . . if there is one. I'll go full circle on this and say if the Jets got fleeced, then just like with Revis, they were also willing participants in their own fleecing.

No, I knew about that unarmed robbery, I meant opting out of the season because of COVID-19 and then after absconding, being spotted rubbing elbows and commingling in a bar. If that's not a rumor then I don't know if I should slap the guy on the back and congratulate him for gaming the system or sticking out my foot and hoping that he trips on his face and loses a tooth.
Allow me to quantify this, though. I'm of the mind that the NFL doesn't give a flying fck about anybody OR their health, it's all pretense; but if Mosely cited health reasons for collecting big and sitting and then went out and partied in a "public" place he should at least own his hypocrisy as he chortles in the face of Death. It would be s-o-o-o-o refreshing to witness. Why? Well, I don't know about you, but it appears to me that people in ALL walks of life are more full of shi t then they used to be before a virus crippled The World At Large. Either that, or they're just more blatant about being unapologetically hypocritical and then double down and say hypocrite what, who me? "Fck you, it's a set up!" i.e. let me shutter your barber shop/gets haircut. 
I'll leave it at that because rules; but there's really no way around stating facts and facts are not opinions. I would just love to see a picture of him partying down, especially if he's not wearing a mask while he's doing it . . . if there is one. I'll go full circle on this and say if the Jets got fleeced, then just like with Revis, they were also willing participants in their own fleecing.

There was a picture floating around on social media shortly after he opted out of Mosley in a bar without a mask on. The picture was quickly debunked as being a couple years old, it’s a non-story that apparently some people never got the ending to.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

There was a picture floating around on social media shortly after he opted out of Mosley in a bar without a mask on. The picture was quickly debunked as being a couple years old, it’s a non-story that apparently some people never got the ending to.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So fake news, lol. Thanks. Everything else I said still stands.

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Mosley was paid the $10mm for 2020 and was then due to receive the $6 mm guaranteed base salary. 

My understanding is that If the season is cut by half for COVID, for example, Mosley would have lost $3mm forever.  So Mosley did the smart thing (financially) and opted out.   This season is a mulligan for him, so his guarantee for 2020 rolls to 2021, and then 2021’s guarantee rolls to 2022.   Every player is different.  For a player on their rookie contract, I think it would generally be better that they play this year to earn the year and move to their second contract.  

Mosley’s contract in 2022 is only half guaranteed-$8mm of the $16mm.  So if the Jets cut him in 2022, they pay him $8mm to play for someone else, and save $8mm.  That is like the Trumaine contract.  

In a perfect world Mosley would show up next year switched on and compel the Jets to keep him in 2022.  That was also the hope with Trumaine his last year.   I don’t see Mosley being on the Jets in 2022.

Maccagnan did an unbelievable amount of damage to this team.

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

Mosley was paid the $10mm for 2020 and was then due to receive the $6 mm guaranteed base salary. 

My understanding is that If the season is cut by half for COVID, for example, Mosley would have lost $3mm forever.  So Mosley did the smart thing (financially) and opted out.   This season is a mulligan for him, so his guarantee for 2020 rolls to 2021, and then 2021’s guarantee rolls to 2022.   Every player is different.  For a player on their rookie contract, I think it would generally be better that they play this year to earn the year and move to their second contract.  

Mosley’s contract in 2022 is only half guaranteed-$8mm of the $16mm.  So if the Jets cut him in 2022, they pay him $8mm to play for someone else, and save $8mm.  That is like the Trumaine contract.  

In a perfect world Mosley would show up next year switched on and compel the Jets to keep him in 2022.  That was also the hope with Trumaine his last year.   I don’t see Mosley being on the Jets in 2022.

Maccagnan did an unbelievable amount of damage to this team.

Essentially we will have a player next year, that’s not played for two years and will be all but 30 years old, on 18 mill per.

It’s a good move for him, but being a Jets fan I think it’s a conman move, and I’m not a fan. 

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Essentially we will have a player next year, that’s not played for two years and will be all but 30 years old, on 18 mill per.

It’s a good move for him, but being a Jets fan I think it’s a conman move, and I’m not a fan. 

Next year, if it is Mosely last year with the Jets, the Jets are basically paying Mosely $6mm + $1.5mm (deferred bonus) to play in 2021, with another $8mm payable in 2022 for his play in 2021. 

If the Jets keep Mosely in 2022, it will cost $16mm, but reduces the cost of 2021 to the $7.5mm paid in 2021.

This is like the worst contract in NFL history. 

What Elhai should be doing, given that he is a lawyer and all that, is to find a way to argue that Mosely has basically constructively quit/retired, and try to avoid paying him.  

• Post of the Week 1