Jump to content

The Elusive 0-16 Season: Taking a Look at the Remaining Schedule


Spoot-Face
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Chargers have looked good even at 1-4 and having to travel out west for it I think we get blown out. Only concerns I have is Miami and Patriots week 17 if they are in a position to lay down for us 

Yeah, granted I haven't really watched the Chargers, and looking at their losses they've all been by one possession, so their record is probably deceptive. The travel does work against us, too. Between now and then, they've got games against: Jags, Broncos, Raiders, Dolphins, so I could see them picking up a few solid wins.

Yes, I'm still concerned about the Miami and Pats games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dolphins, Chargers, Rams, Raiders, Browns are the riskiest games. Those teams are all capable or self destructing. 

However, none of them on the level of the Jets so it's still a pretty safe bet.

I think the real worry is a lottery, Trevor opting out, Jets getting the pick and taking a defensive tackle

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

To go 0-16 requires not only a bad team but unlucky as well. That 0-16 Cleveland team could've won 6 games if they had a couple balls bounce in a different direction.

I think the Jets win 2 games this year. 

The Jets are doing it all through skill. No luck involved. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Chargers have looked good even at 1-4 and having to travel out west for it I think we get blown out. Only concerns I have is Miami and Patriots week 17 if they are in a position to lay down for us 

Looks like the Pats will be fighting for a playoff spot 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

agree @ Chargers and home vs Dolphins are the 2 games with the greatest chance of W's

I also feel home vs Cleveland should be there as well, ... Baker performance will be a wildcard too

With their 4 wins they've beaten: Bengals, WFT, Cowboys, Indy, with Indy being only the good team, albeit a team that embarrassed us, so the Browns shouldn't have much trouble against us.

I really think that who is coaching us will be the biggest factor of how many games we win the rest of the season. That's why I really don't' want to see Gase fired yet.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

To go 0-16 requires not only a bad team but unlucky as well. That 0-16 Cleveland team could've won 6 games if they had a couple balls bounce in a different direction.

I think the Jets win 2 games this year. 

 

Exactly. That's precisely why I wanted to look into the schedule and try to find which games would be the likeliest to eke out an unexpected win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think the real worry is a lottery, Trevor opting out, Jets getting the pick and taking a defensive tackle

The first part is a legitimate worry of mine. I don't think Trevor will opt out, and I don't think we'll take a DT, lol. Joey D would probably need bodyguards if the last one happened, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Looks like the Pats will be fighting for a playoff spot 

A lot could happen in 11 weeks, but as of now they are outside looking in. I mean, they just lost to Denver. I honestly think Belichick starts looking to the draft vs trying to eke out 1 extra win to sneak into the playoffs before most coaches. He won't fight to go 8-8 for "morale".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I agree with your scenario except belichick will never let the Jets win.  He will probably be more motivated to kicking our ass with Trevor Lawrence. 

I don't know about that. I don't think Belichick is the type that relishes the honor of beating a worthy opponent . He just wants to win. Period. That's why he cheats. Especially now after he's seen that life without Tom Brady isn't as swell as he thought it'd be.

Unless of course, he's more selfish than I thought and will retire after the season and won't give a sh*t about the Patriots after he's gone, or whether or not the Jets get Trevor Lawrence.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Exactly. That's precisely why I wanted to look into the schedule and try to find which games would be the likeliest to eke out an unexpected win.

It's really hard to find a win on the schedule, I must admit. I know for a fact there's one or two games they'll surprise and play close. Maybe Vegas and the Dolphins

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 Wild Card teams this year, not 2. It favors us big time in those fringe games against New England, Las Vegas, and Cleveland--they will all be in the hunt for those Wild Card berths even at 8-8.

I'm most afraid of a Fitz implosion, or Las Vegas forgetting to get off the plane on an East Coast trip (which they did last year, and kind of already did against NE). The games on the West Coast we will get dunked on. This team has a very strong shot at 0-16 even if Gase gets canned.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Icer said:

3 Wild Card teams this year, not 2. It favors us big time in those fringe games against New England, Las Vegas, and Cleveland--they will all be in the hunt for those Wild Card berths even at 8-8.

I'm most afraid of a Fitz implosion, or Las Vegas forgetting to get off the plane on an East Coast trip (which they did last year, and kind of already did against NE). The games on the West Coast we will get dunked on. This team has a very strong shot at 0-16 even if Gase gets canned.

Oh, yeah! For some reason I was thinking that wouldn't come into effect until next season, so that definitely helps things, from my point of view.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If its 1st pick Trevor it is.

Even if they do somehow luck into a win or 2 my hope is remaining in top 3 picks.  If they don't get Trevor we are keeping Darnold but could trade the 2nd or 3rd pick for a kings ransom to qb needy team.

I still think Darnold can be solid with help but 99 percent of pundits keep saying they HAVE to take Lawrence if they can.

I'm cool with either scenario and am confident this team has what it takes to lose 14-16 games.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

To go 0-16 requires not only a bad team but unlucky as well. That 0-16 Cleveland team could've won 6 games if they had a couple balls bounce in a different direction.

I think the Jets win 2 games this year. 

 

That 0-16 Browns team wasn't even one of the 3 worst teams in Browns history.  That 0-16 Browns team wasn't in the same universe of suckage as the 2020 Jets.  

This Jets team is right up there with the '76 Buccaneers for one of the 2 worst NFL teams of all-time.  There have been no "balls bouncing differently" because we've only lost blowots, sans the Denver game.  That trend should continue every week.  If we end up in a close game I'll start to worry.  But if we couldn't keep it within 7 against a Denver team with their 3rd string QB under center, chances are good we'll continue to get blown out and we will have little to worry about.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How pathetic are we, rooting to literally be HISTORICALLY bad in order to chase some pipedream "savior" despite knowing from actual lived experience that no draft-pick QB is a savior.

F'n hell you are are an embarrassment as a fanbase.  No pride of any kind.

Losing begets more losing, not saviors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That 0-16 Browns team wasn't even one of the 3 worst teams in Browns history.  That 0-16 Browns team wasn't in the same universe of suckage as the 2020 Jets.  

This Jets team is right up there with the '76 Buccaneers for one of the 2 worst NFL teams of all-time.  There have been no "balls bouncing differently" because we've only lost blowots, sans the Denver game.  That trend should continue every week.  If we end up in a close game I'll start to worry.  But if we couldn't keep it within 7 against a Denver team with their 3rd string QB under center, chances are good we'll continue to get blown out and we will have little to worry about.

Even the 76 Bucs played a couple of close games. I think the Jets will play a couple of close games and be right down to the wire in a couple of these contests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How pathetic are we, rooting to literally be HISTORICALLY bad in order to chase some pipedream "savior" despite knowing from actual lived experience that no draft-pick QB is a savior.

F'n hell you are are an embarrassment as a fanbase.  No pride of any kind.

Losing begets more losing, not saviors.

Cool. You don't like rooting for losses. We already know. Good for you.

But that's not what this is about.

Out of the remaining games, are there any you see that we could win? I'm curious to know.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How pathetic are we, rooting to literally be HISTORICALLY bad in order to chase some pipedream "savior" despite knowing from actual lived experience that no draft-pick QB is a savior.

F'n hell you are are an embarrassment as a fanbase.  No pride of any kind.

Losing begets more losing, not saviors.

 

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...