College Football Games Thread - 11/21

JustInFudge

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Notre Dame 7-0. 

Clemson 6-1. 

Miami: 6-1. 

UNC; 6-2. 

Sad that Indiana, Wisconsin and Northwestern are the best BIG 10 teams outside of Ohio State. Horrible conference..

a half hour ago, indiana was the powerhouse that was going to dismantle Justin Fields. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Stan is once again looking like a total fool, completely wrong, having no clue what he’s talking about, no credibility, zero football knowledge and he’s so upset about it he’s neg rep’d every post of mine in thread.

lololololololol 

creepy

Creepy? You're the biggest freaking hypocrite I've ever ran into on a message board. 

You're the one who started to neg rep my every post but the MOMENT (JUST NOW) I gave you a taste of your own medicine and returned the favor you feel some type of way? 

Nothing worse than a hypocritical HYPOCRITE. 

Talk about creepy...

Screenshot_20201121-142242.thumb.png.3e0c180d5ab06e4dd8d8d417afe2a75f.png

Screenshot_20201121-142300.thumb.png.91af27f147b9cd40415b1db4beb812d4.png

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The last TD throw is two small things I think Fields is better at than Lawrence.  

Ball placement and touch.  Lawrence throws the fastball too much in my opinion in the short game.  

Fields could have thrown the high and hard heater towards the goal post, but that would have been a more difficult catch.  Instead he takes a little off and throws it to the back shoulder and creates separation for his receiver.

Doesn't make him better, but I do think he's better at that specific aspect 

100% and why it’s even more impressive is it’s all downfield.  He averages 4 yards more per completion.  

I think it was @greenwichjetfan who shared some other day that speaks to this as well but basically it also confirms that the majority of TLs yards come off yac whereas Fields does it via balling traveling through the air.  

• Upvote 1

Man those are two just awful turnovers by Fields.  Never see him make those just bonehead mistakes before.

I said it about Darnold in his draft year and I'll say it now about Fields.  If those plays keep showing up, regardless of the upside, that's hard to coach out of someone.  That's different than reading a defense etc and throwing a pick because you thought the coverage was something else.  That's just the mentality that I can always make it work, and that's not usually a great quality in a QB.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Man those are two just awful turnovers by Fields.  Never see him make those just bonehead mistakes before.

I said it about Darnold in his draft year and I'll say it now about Fields.  If those plays keep showing up, regardless of the upside, that's hard to coach out of someone.  That's different than reading a defense etc and throwing a pick because you thought the coverage was something else.  That's just the mentality that I can always make it work, and that's not usually a great quality in a QB.

It’s one game.  Lol 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I haven't like him since his Clemson disaster last year. 2 INTs but even worse 14 runs for only 13 yards (0.9 ypc). 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What were you laughing at? The fact that I predicted Fields would have a bad game against a good Indiana defense? 

Well right now I'm laughing @ you for thinking you could laugh @ me because....

3/7 (.428) and 2 INT's here in the 2nd Q is absolutely a bad game (thus far). 3 runs for 2 yards (including a horrible sack) is really bad too. 

man-pointing-laughing-you-closeup-portrait-handsome-excited-happy-smile-point-finger-towards-to-camera-gesture-young-32475315.jpg.2b35d08a5b1c1dfcf45e6c0681e88d09.jpg

You sound like a 5 grader mocking his friends because you had better seats at the Justin Bieber concert.

• Haha 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

Well for me as I've said time and again.  Neither of these guys are so great that they are must haves.  Both have been totally overblown.  Best prospects in this draft, good prospects yes but no better than any of a half dozen guys that have come out the last few years.

Agreed 100%.  That said, I think both are 10x better than Sam Darnold and I would be elated to take either one. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

It’s one game.  Lol 

I completely understand that.  That's why I said I've never seen it before.  And also said "if they keep showing up".

I don't have a horse in this race.  I do not care one iota if my evaluation or projection about a player is wrong.  All I try to do is be objective with both positive and negatives.  I've said many times(and potentially well before you) that I think Fields is just as good.  Today hasn't changed my mind of that.  Players have bad games.  Trevor Lawrence has had some stinkers too(against teams not nearly as good as Indiana).

• Upvote 4

Just now, JiF said:

Yes but Sam does it every single game, without fail. This is complexly uncharacteristic of Fields.  

....and he’s has 300 yards of offense and 3 TDs at the same time.  

See here is the difference.

The Jets have no oline, no weapons a shaky defense and the worst coach in the league, every game.

Ohio State and Clemosn for that matter have twice the talent of every other team they face and kill these lesser teams.

Now you and others say, only one game.  But one game in which they are facing a D giving them a game.

What is going to happen when fields or lawence are on a team with half the talent of the teams they are playing?

This is why Joe Burrow showed he was totally legit last year, LSU played a lot of good teams and kicked the spit out of them all.

Just putting it out there..

Justin Fields SUCKS. Just another overhyped Ohio St. QB that is CERTAIN to be another bust in the NFL. For me the choice is simple. I like Trevor Lawrence and would be OK with drafting him to put in a straight up competition with Sammy. I do NOT think TL is a can't miss, Peyton Manning type draft choice. I just think he's a good prospect. I would be possibly even more content with JD trading out of number 1,  accumulating picks, and taking Zach Wilson. In either scenario I think Sammy deserves another opportunity with an at least competent supporting cast. Jets management has committed football malpractice with Sammy and it isn't fair. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1