Young teams need discipline

Jetster

There is no way in hell Adam Gase can coach this team next year & Gregg Williams will be thrown out with the trash too. What we've learned is both of these gents can only succeed with top flight talent. Joe Gibbs could scrape 3/4 wins out of this team. 

Joe Douglas has to tank this team right to Trevor Lawrence & go hard after Harbaugh! We need a hardhead who also brings an enthusiasm & cockiness that you need to have success in this league. Vrabel has brought that to the Titans. 

If we bring back Gase not 1 free agent will come to this team unless he's overpaid by 25%. 1996 was the Nadir for Jets football, but 2020 is much worse thanks to social media. It's time for the Johnsons to suck it up & not settle for these loser coaches who have never had one iota of success in the NFL. You look & see what a coach like Reid brought to KC. What happens at coach will determine how we all feel about Joe Douglas going forward. This offseason is the most important one in our history if we're sitting at the #1 pick. 

This is Trevor Lawrence sitting there, not Keyshawn Johnson. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

There is no way in hell Adam Gase can coach this team next year & Gregg Williams will be thrown out with the trash too. What we've learned is both of these gents can only succeed with top flight talent. Joe Gibbs could scrape 3/4 wins out of this team. 

Joe Douglas has to tank this team right to Trevor Lawrence & go hard after Harbaugh! We need a hardhead who also brings an enthusiasm & cockiness that you need to have success in this league. Vrabel has brought that to the Titans. 

If we bring back Gase not 1 free agent will come to this team unless he's overpaid by 25%. 1996 was the Nadir for Jets football, but 2020 is much worse thanks to social media. It's time for the Johnsons to suck it up & not settle for these loser coaches who have never had one iota of success in the NFL. You look & see what a coach like Reid brought to KC. What happens at coach will determine how we all feel about Joe Douglas going forward. This offseason is the most important one in our history if we're sitting at the #1 pick. 

Good points.  I still don’t have a good read on gase.  If we make player talent excuses for guys like darnold then they also apply to gase.  In away, maybe they made too many changes, especially on the oline, to play any better than they have. The shortened training season didn’t help either.

Regardless of what happens to gase, they need to continue to draft wisely and Lawrence should be the first pick.

I like the new thinking .. looking forward to the next chapter

Obviously I agree. But hasn't this be vocalized here already once or a thousand times ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Good points.  I still don’t have a good read on gase.  If we make player talent excuses for guys like darnold then they also apply to gase.  In away, maybe they made too many changes, especially on the oline, to play any better than they have. The shortened training season didn’t help either.

Regardless of what happens to gase, they need to continue to draft wisely and Lawrence should be the first pick.

The team has no discipline. If you lead the league by double in RTP penalties, chances are your losing. Jets have 10 RTP next closest is 5. Not one player other than Frank Gore has any respect for Gase. In the back of these young players minds they are saying, please, please have Adam Gase out of here when camp returns next year. Same with Gregg Williams. 

The teams talent is awful but for some reason Gase coached teams have insane amounts of injuries leading to terrible continuity of what looks like horrible game planning & scheming. 

Your 0-9. The Chargers secondary sucks. You have a veteran QB & all of your WRs for the 2nd time all year & you wait until the 2nd half to go after them? Gase & Loggaines both terrible play callers. Gase is trying to win, which makes his schemes all the more puzzling. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Kyle Shannahan did it with the 9ers when they were down their starting QB, RB, WR, and majority of their d-line.  Good coaches find a way with whatever talent.  Hell, even look at the Giants.  while record-wise not good, they're playing lightyears better than the jets.

• Upvote 1

Harbaugh would be a terrible hire. We would be going from one guy players hate playing for to another guy players hate playing for. Discipline is a thing of the past imo kids these days are softer I think they need someone more like rex that acts like he is "one of the guys".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I cannot agree with this… while I despise Gace… there's no way to say that the players are not playing hard for him.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I cannot agree with this… while I despise Gace… there's no way to say that the players are not playing hard for him.

That's because Gase has installed the fear factor. Cutting Bell gets your attention as young whippersnapper. Then after seeing Desir bag it & getting cut of course they aren't going to quit. 

Problem is Gase & Williams are terrible developmental coaches. Their game plans are horrific!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

There is no way in hell Adam Gase can coach this team next year & Gregg Williams will be thrown out with the trash too. What we've learned is both of these gents can only succeed with top flight talent.

Stop right there.

That's the entire point, isn't it?  That when you're ready to compete for a championship that you have a coaching staff that's been there and knows how to win, right?

What Gase and Williams look like when we have the worst roster in the NFL is immaterial.  They've already proven they can win with a strong roster and that's what matters.  The worst possible thing that could happen to the Jets is to build a strong roster and bring in a weak coaching staff.  That's what happened when we had a great team and wasted it on rookies that others passed on in Herman Edwards and Rex Ryan, you can go back to Joe Walton and Walt Michaels if you like, same thing.  Bastard rookies who haven't done it before.  Having a professional coaching staff in-hand and at the beginning of the rebuild is an ideal situation.  We are fortunate to have it that way.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop right there.

That's the entire point, isn't it?  That when you're ready to compete for a championship that you have a coaching staff that's been there and knows how to win, right?

What Gase and Williams look like when we have the worst roster in the NFL is immaterial.  They've already proven they can win with a strong roster and that's what matters.  The worst possible thing that could happen to the Jets is to build a strong roster and bring in a weak coaching staff.  That's what happened when we had a great team and wasted it on rookies that others passed on in Herman Edwards and Rex Ryan, you can go back to Joe Walton and Walt Michaels if you like, same thing.  Bastard rookies who haven't done it before.  Having a professional coaching staff in-hand and at the beginning of the rebuild is an ideal situation.  We are fortunate to have it that way.

SAR I

Lol, ok, your shtick is pretty funny, but I made a point earlier regarding how lousy these coaches are. 
Joe Gibbs would win 3/4 games with this group. 
He wouldn’t be punting on the opponents 40 yard line at 0-9. 
Gase stinks. He runs the least imaginative offense in the league, or is Loggaines? I honestly don’t know whose calling the plays anymore? 
We know why the Browns didn’t keep Williams at Head Coach. Westoff was cocky but knew what he was doing, Gregg Williams is cocky & he STINKS! 
They bring this coaching staff back good luck getting a free agent interview. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I made a point earlier regarding how lousy these coaches are.  Joe Gibbs would win 3/4 games with this group. 

That's not a point.  That's just a lame opinion.  NFL history is ripe with great head coaches who found themselves with a weak roster and a bunch of injuries and suddenly looked very mortal.  Look no further than Bill Belichick this season.  He's taken a 12-4 roster he's hand-built from the greatest culture in professional sports and he's headed for a 5-11 season.  It's about the players, always has been.  It's not about the coaching.

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Gase stinks. He runs the least imaginative offense in the league, or is Loggaines? I honestly don’t know whose calling the plays anymore? 

There's a reason a 3-legged horse never wins the Kentucky Derby.  There's a reason the worst roster in the NFL looks unimaginative.  It doesn't matter who is calling the plays because playcalling isn't the problem. 

14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

They bring this coaching staff back good luck getting a free agent interview. 

We are lucky to have the coaching staff we have and we will never get a better one if we keep firing coaches and GM's so regularly.  

Idzik and Maccagnan did a number on this franchise for a decade.  They are the ones to blame.  But because they're not here anymore all the vitriol has gone to Adam Gase as if that one man is the reason we aren't a better team.  You should be smarter than this.  We are clearly committed to Douglas and Gase and are tearing this thing down in a year when there are no paying fans to piss off.  You aren't entitled to a winning team right now.  You are entitled to think about John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan and all the rookie head coaches who ruined this franchise while the new guys try to resurrect it in the manner they see fit, nothing more.

SAR I

So let’s trade all the good players off of a sh*t roster then fire the coach for losing

cant wait to see the lineup of coaches we get to interview with woody !!!!

Gase stinks but there is a legitimate chance that he’s in on the tank and will be here next season 

That’s why all I expect from this team is pain and entertainment 

thinking next year will be the one hasn’t really worked out lol

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

80 year old Joe Gibbs? He went 30-34 in his 2nd stint with the Washington Football Team. Why not just say Sean McVay or someone who actually can still coach this generation of players. 

30-34?  You say that like it wouldn't be a huge improvement.  Dave Campo looks at this team and laughs. 

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Stop right there.

SAR I

How in the world can you even suggest that Walt Michael’s inherited a team with talent. He and the front office took a totally crap team devoid of talent and within 3 years had built a playoff team. To me Walt is a top three coach in Jets history 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, rangerous said:

Don’t have a good vibe on Gase????  I suppose the Titanic was just a mishap that needs more review?   Please .  This is one of the 5 worst teams ever in the last 50 years of the NFL.  

14 hours ago, rangerous said:

The team JD put on the field is the bigger problem.  But combining Gase as a coach o is how you get the worst team of all time.

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

How in the world can you even suggest that Walt Michael’s inherited a team with talent. He and the front office took a totally crap team devoid of talent and within 3 years had built a playoff team. To me Walt is a top three coach in Jets history 

LOVED HIM!!!!  The organization cut him loose and never really recovered until Parcells. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, CSNY said:

I’m not saying Michaels inherited a great team. I am saying that once the team was great Walt’s deficiencies were exposed and he was our problem, not the players.  

To win a Championship in this league you need a proven coaching staff and talented players.  It’s comforting to know we have one of the two.  As a rebuild, having a stable front office and coaching staff is crucial.  

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I’m not saying Michaels inherited a great team. I am saying that once the team was great Walt’s deficiencies were exposed and he was our problem, not the players.  

To win a Championship in this league you need a proven coaching staff and talented players.  It’s comforting to know we have one of the two.  As a rebuild, having a stable front office and coaching staff is crucial.  

SAR I

You’re an idiot.  Eat your meatloaf and shut up.

Betting that Adam Gase will return next year is like betting on the asteroid hurdling toward Earth. If it happens, no one will be around to brag about being right. I will absolutely take a 1 year hiatus from rooting for this team if he is back.

Good thing it's impossible. 

• Upvote 1

I can’t see Gase being retained under the current circumstances.  Free agents, Lawrence/Fields - going to be a tough sell w/ Gase.  However, I can see Gase being reassigned to the F/O in an Ernie Adams type position.  He could excel in that type of role.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I can’t see Gase being retained under the current circumstances.  Free agents, Lawrence/Fields - going to be a tough sell w/ Gase.  However, I can see Gase being reassigned to the F/O in an Ernie Adams type position.  He could excel in that type of role.  

The media is the big one. The only thing Woody cares about is the bottom line and the media would be in outraged revolt if Gase is back. 0% chance.

6 hours ago, jgb said:

The media is the big one. The only thing Woody cares about is the bottom line and the media would be in outraged revolt if Gase is back. 0% chance.

When season ticket holders are informed that 2021 will be another year where they can opt-out and not lose their rights for future seasons, the Johnson’s can stand by Adam Gase without fear of fan repercussions. 

The Johnson’s are done with the NY media which has been unfairly brutal to them and Adam Gase, you can tell by their actions and demeanor this season. 

Adam Gase is the Football Man of Florham Park.  Time to accept that. 

SAR I

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, jmat321 said:

In NFL circles, Adam Gase’s reputation is solid as the entire league is well aware of the Jets terrible GM history which has made this roster so incredibly weak.  If anything, Gase has gained even more respect for the way he is handling himself and how his players have stuck together and are playing so hard for him every Sunday.  I wouldn’t worry about Lawrence or free agents not wanting to play for Coach Gase.  

SAR I

On 11/23/2020 at 7:07 AM, bealeb319 said:

Harbaugh would be a terrible hire. We would be going from one guy players hate playing for to another guy players hate playing for. Discipline is a thing of the past imo kids these days are softer I think they need someone more like rex that acts like he is "one of the guys".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

No more traditional tough father figures, instead everyone wants the uncle that goes to the strip club with you 

11 hours ago, CSNY said:

Absolutely right. Michaels took that holtz mess and turned it into a good team.  I’m not sure how much influence he had over the draft but they took some outstanding players like walker, gastineau, klecko, McNeil, pat ryan, shuler, Powell, ward, buttle, mehl, etc. during his time as coach.  They knew what they were doing.

10 hours ago, jmat321 said:

More like a Gomez Adam’s role