Pity

TMAC

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

There is no doubt we have a pitiful defense.  They got Gregg Williams fired.  They opened the season as a joke and apparently are going to end it the same way.  Just awful.

SAR I

it wasn't the defense that got williams fired. the defense played pretty well at times.  it was the prevent offense that the jets had.  they needed to score points for a pressure type defense to work.  and, i might add, when cooler heads looked at the game film, the all out blitz against the raiders wasn't a bad call if it was executed properly.  a couple of guys blitzed late, including maye, and carr was able to get the pass off.  obviously it can be argued that williams is responsible for the execution of the defense but then the poor execution of the offense is right on gase.  in any event it's done.  3 more games until the first pick of the draft.  i don't see this team recovering from all of the late season turmoil.

funny too because gruden just fired his defensive coordinator.  i guess these offensive gurus just don't like it when parts of their teams aren't working so well.

• Upvote 1

Raiders fired their DC yesterday. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-fire-dc-paul-guenther-after-44-27-loss-to-colts

Around the NFL

Raiders fire DC Paul Guenther after 44-27 loss to Colts

Published: Dec 13, 2020 at 10:01 PM

f6b7udz3xm3jglfakq9q.svg

Grant Gordon

NFL.com Digital Content Editor

•  
  •  
  •  

Following a 44-27 loss to the Indianapolis Colts in which they allowed more than 40 points for the second time in three weeks, the Las Vegas Raiders have fired defensive coordinator Paul Guenther.

Rod Marinelli takes over as interim defensive coordinator.

Guenther, 49, was in the midst of his third season as defensive coordinator for the Raiders, but was sacked Sunday in the aftermath of a 44-27 defeat that was the Raiders third in the last four games. Las Vegas has allowed 35 or more points in all of those losses and on Sunday gave up more than 40 points for the third time this season.

That was apparently more than enough for coach Jon Gruden and general manager Mike Mayock to move on.

The Raiders were 28th in the league in scoring defense coming into Sunday, their defense having become a huge problem as Las Vegas has fallen to 7-6 and its playoff aspirations are falling along the way.

Marinelli, 71-years-young, will now take on the DC role, a tag he had the past six seasons with the Cowboys.

The season's coming down the stretch, the Raiders' playoff chances are in peril and Vegas has made a change.

47 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it wasn't the defense that got williams fired. the defense played pretty well at times.  it was the prevent offense that the jets had.  they needed to score points for a pressure type defense to work.  and, i might add, when cooler heads looked at the game film, the all out blitz against the raiders wasn't a bad call if it was executed properly.  a couple of guys blitzed late, including maye, and carr was able to get the pass off.  obviously it can be argued that williams is responsible for the execution of the defense but then the poor execution of the offense is right on gase.  in any event it's done.  3 more games until the first pick of the draft.  i don't see this team recovering from all of the late season turmoil.

funny too because gruden just fired his defensive coordinator.  i guess these offensive gurus just don't like it when parts of their teams aren't working so well.

The offense is a catastrophe.  And the defense of course has the same built-in reasons like poor drafts, trades, injuries, etc.  But there's something else going on with the defense.

The defense can't tackle, can't cover, and takes a high level of penalties.  It's all individual stupidity.  The O sucks primarily because of horrible QB play.  The D sucks because everything.  That's why our winless situation is more on the D than the O.  Those first 4-5 games the D was so bad they couldn't stop anything, and they singlehandedly cost us 3 wins that were in the bag with leads with seconds left in those games.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Good thing we went defense in the 1st round the 9 out of 10 years B4 Becton. 
Produced a solid defensive foundation for our future.

Just brutally bad player-picking and decision-making.

Our pathetic 1996 team went 1-15 and had 8 very good players that went on to be very important for our 1998-2011 glory days; let's hope some of the players we see struggling today turn into stars soon.

SAR I

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

I read that the Seattle players actually felt sorry for the Jets because they were so pitiful.  How much lower do we have to sink before Woody gets the message.  Get rid of your brother, Fredo.  Get rid of the lunatic Gase.  Turn the football operations over to Joe Douglas.  (For God's sake don't go to some committee for advice).  Stay the hell out of all football decisions.  Count your coupons and root from your VIP box.

Odds Johnson takes your advice:

uvsCu1.gif

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It’s pretty simple, Jets kept picking non premium positions, 2 safeties, Calvin Pryor, Jamal Adams. 
If we had competent GMs Deshaun Watson would be our QB, and if not Lattimore should have been the pick. DTs, over & over & over again. Insanity! 
If the NY Jets had consulted this website & took the concensus pick by Jet fans, it’s an absolute FACT that this team would be better than it presently is right now. 
Deshaun Watson would be QB, Dalvin Cook would be our RB, we would have still had our 3 2nd round picks, and in 2016 I guarantee you this site would not have drafted a shrimp LB like Darren Lee in the 1st round. 
If I remember right, Will Fuller was at the top of most draft gurus here. 
We’re seeing just how bad Mike Maccagnans drafts & free agent decisions were & they are WORSE than we even thought! This team is so devoid of talent, it’s mind boggling! And the Johnsons horrible management decisions are truly to blame. We hired a GM that Houston couldn’t wait to get rid of & then we compound it 4 years later hiring a coach from our own division who Miami couldn’t wait to get rid of. 
The Johnsons DESERVE this season! 
Jet fans deserve Trevor Lawrence & these idiot owners to get out of Joe Douglas way so he can put his stamp on this team & draw out a plan for the incoming Head Coach to have confidence in the direction he’s taking us. 

threeidiots.jpg

Great post.  Also summarized by this photo.  The anguish we feel this morning is due to a decade of poor decisions made by these idiots.

It's important to note that the team onboard today is here to fix this.  It takes more than 1 draft and 1 free agency period to do it.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

threeidiots.jpg

Great post.  Also summarized by this photo.  The anguish we feel this morning is due to a decade of poor decisions made by these idiots.

SAR I

I worked hard for my money in my career, 35 years as a self employed salesman, 100% commission, I never had a salary. 
To see incompetent boobs make millions making horrible after horrible decisions over & over again for years & maintain their jobs just proves how incompetent our Silver Spooned owners are. We can lament Bill Belichick resigning on a paper napkin, but let’s be realistic, that was the best move Bill Belichick made for himself in his career! 
For 20 years his decision was justified over & over again as he put this hapless franchise over his knee and spanked them for 20 years with only 1 victory for the Jets in 2010. 
I bet that one ate at his craw for years. 
Have we beaten the Pats since that 2010 win? 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't think woody cares

That's the truly sad part of being a Jets fan

We can dream of a new qb and new coach but the owner literally doesn't give a single solitary F about winning games or building a program

All the Johnsons care about are the checks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

I do not believe that is true. They are just completely sheltered corporate trust funders that simply do not understand that a football team is not run like a Fortune 500 company

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah it's that defense that's really dragging us down. 

The offense built leads with 30 seconds left against the Broncos, Patriots, and Raiders.  The defense blew all 3 in ridiculous fashion.

Considering the experts had us at 5-11 back in July before all the injuries, opt-outs, trades, and Darnold busting, 3-13 is exactly where we were supposed to be by any rational definition.  

So the defense blew what shred of respect we would have had this season.  Of course the offense sucked, no question.  But they didn't turn 3 wins with 30 seconds left into jaw-dropping losses.  The defense did. 

SAR I

42 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I do not believe that is true. They are just completely sheltered corporate trust funders that simply do not understand that a football team is not run like a Fortune 500 company

They don't even know how a Fortune 500 company is run. The only management experience either of them had before taking over the Jets is managing maids, cooks and groundskeepers.

In fact, it would be a huge improvement to run this team like a Fortune 500 company. Any CEO would tell you that the Customer is King.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

They don't even know how a Fortune 500 company is run. The only management experience either of them had before taking over the Jets is managing maids, cooks and groundskeepers.

In fact, it would be a huge improvement to run this team like a Fortune 500 company. Any CEO would tell you that the Customer is King.

Adam Gase was brought here to be exactly what you're asking for-  a Football Man making decisions, not billionaires.

It takes more than 1 draft and 1 free agency period with the new GM to turn around 10 years of Idzik and Maccagnan.  Of course Year 1 is going to look the worst, it's when we're parting ways with a decade of bad eggs and have only 1 year of new guys to offset them.

Things will be better next season.  By going through this 1-15 gauntlet, Gase and Douglas will be tougher and better leaders too, it's all good.  You asked for the Johnson's to do it "the right way".  They are.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, SAR I said:

Adam Gase was brought here to be exactly what you're asking for-  a Football Man making decisions, not billionaires.

It takes more than 1 draft and 1 free agency period with the new GM to turn around 10 years of Idzik and Maccagnan.  Of course Year 1 is going to look the worst, it's when we're parting ways with a decade of bad eggs and have only 1 year of new guys to offset them.

Things will be better next season.  By going through this 1-15 gauntlet, Gase and Douglas will be tougher and better leaders too, it's all good.  You asked for the Johnson's to do it "the right way".  They are.

SAR I

Curious how you are going to pivot when the Johnson brothers fire Gase in just over two weeks.

Everyone knows it is happening. You know it too.

In your world the owner is always right so you will somehow defend the move that you said would never happen.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Maxman said:

Curious how you are going to pivot when the Johnson brothers fire Gase in just over two weeks.

Everyone knows it is happening. You know it too.

In your world the owner is always right so you will somehow defend the move that you said would never happen.

DeLorean time machine - Wikipedia

"Congratulations you pretzel-eating SOJFs you held a gun to Woody's head with your insufferable whining."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The offense is a catastrophe.  And the defense of course has the same built-in reasons like poor drafts, trades, injuries, etc.  But there's something else going on with the defense.

The defense can't tackle, can't cover, and takes a high level of penalties.  It's all individual stupidity.  The O sucks primarily because of horrible QB play.  The D sucks because everything.  That's why our winless situation is more on the D than the O.  Those first 4-5 games the D was so bad they couldn't stop anything, and they singlehandedly cost us 3 wins that were in the bag with leads with seconds left in those games.

SAR I

Good thing we have GASE...

13 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Good thing we have GASE...

Yes.  Nice to see that you're coming along, I knew we could be friends.

Loggains and Williams needed replacing.  One is gone, the other in a few weeks.  Then we can get a proper OC and DC in here, let Gase just be the HC and President of Football Operations, and we've taken smart strides for 2021.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

There is no doubt we have a pitiful defense.  They got Gregg Williams fired.  They opened the season as a joke and apparently are going to end it the same way.  Just awful.

SAR I

GW got GW fired.  he cost them the game with that call.

you could tell that the players are done.  walking off the field instead of jogging, general body language.

expect 3 more double digit losses.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  Nice to see that you're coming along, I knew we could be friends.

Loggains and Williams needed replacing.  One is gone, the other in a few weeks.  Then we can get a proper OC and DC in here, let Gase just be the HC and President of Football Operations, and we've taken smart strides for 2021.

SAR I

lmao...  If for some reason the Johnson brothers are stupid enough to keep GASE, then there is not one Jet fan who would support him still running any part of this team unless he hires a brilliant OC and DC. If he attempts to call plays next year, you will probably see a huge revolt.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.

SAR I

There is NO WAY IN HELL Gase is back if fans are allowed back! No way in hell! Jets are already the punchline of every joke in the sports world & I can't even imagine if they announce Gase is coming back, ARMAGEDDON!

• Upvote 4