1-1-2021: The Official NCAA College Football Game Thread (New Years Day Playoffs special)

1 minute ago, Lith said:

We lost to Bama and Florida.  We didn't deserve it.  Florida lost 3 games.  A&M lost to Bama also.  ND deserved this shot this year by beating Clemson during the season.  I just think Bama is at a different level than everyone else this year.

Agreed. We really just weren’t a good team this season. I don’t think we deserve anything this year. Georgia on a good year doesn’t beat Cincy 22-21 in the last minute.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I've been fully in the Etienne is better camp all year but Harris has taken things to another level the last 4 or 5 games.

Etienne has Dalvin Cook potential. 

Najee Harris has Adrian Peterson ability. 

Najee is one of the top 5 RB recruits of ALL TIME 

I pray we draft him with Seattle's pick

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Kidding aside, maybe his size makes him drop to late 1.

That’s what I’m praying for. I know it’ll never happen but I dream of a world where the Jets trade back, getting a 1st next year, select TE Pitts then Smith with SEA’s pick and Harris/Etienne at the top of two. 

Harris, Pitts, Smith-Mims-Crowder 

take a moment to imagine that. Really imagine that offense 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agreed. We really just weren’t a good team this season. I don’t think we deserve anything this year. Georgia on a good year doesn’t beat Cincy 22-21 in the last minute.

24-21.  Don't forget the safety by Ojulari on the last play.  What a beast he was today.

I would not put too much weight on that game.  We were without about 9 guys due to opt outs, transfers and such.  This was a big game for Cincy, I was surprised their defensive front handled our OL as well as they did, but the game meant more to them than us.  Happy we pulled out the W, but not putting too much into the result.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

ND just does not belong in the playoff. They are here because they beat Clemson without Lawrence.  The selection committee should have taken that into account.  Alabama is going to win this game by 30 or more points.  

And I could be the QB for Alabama and they would still win today.  Mac Jones can't be evaluated with this ridiculous talent surrounding him.  

I’m not buying that narrative. LSU had just as much talent last year- Justin Jefferson was the #2 there, Jamarr Chase is a top 5 pick and Edwards Helaire was also a first round pick. Plus look at all the great players Tua had on those teams too. Neither of those QB’s has had a higher passer rating than Jones

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That’s what I’m praying for. I know it’ll never happen but I dream of a world where the Jets trade back, getting a 1st next year, select TE Pitts then Smith with SEA’s pick and Harris/Etienne at the top of two. 

Harris, Pitts, Smith-Mims-Crowder 

take a moment to imagine that. Really imagine that offense 

with sam darnold at qb they would be bottom 10 in the league

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Don't think he's draft eligible yet, but every time I've watched ND this year I've been super impressed with Kyren Williams.  Great vision.  Runs tough.

He looks like an elite pro back as a sophomore. Totally intrigued. 

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Prolly true.

For me, (Bama fan) hard to watch them be so bad on D. 

Georgia is built around a strong defense and adequate offense.  And we celebrated a Peach Bowl championship today. 

Sarcastic Yay GIFs | Tenor

You are not going to get much sympathy from me if you "only" win 41-24.