1-1-2021: The Official NCAA College Football Game Thread (New Years Day Playoffs special)

Every year for the last 15 years, ND finishes at around10-1 and gets crushed/humiliated/beaten down in these Bowl games.  They should just not even bother.  Why is it ND cant find an elite QB prospect.  They have really fallen off the NCAA planet's edge. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Every year for the last 15 years, ND finishes at around10-1 and gets crushed/humiliated/beaten down in these Bowl games.  They should just not even bother.  Why is it ND cant find an elite QB prospect.  They have really fallen off the NCAA planet's edge. 

They have a higher academic standard then the football factory schools were you play if you can spell cat. It’s harder to get top players at all the positions so QBs don’t go there. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

They're 3-3 the last six bowls with two wins over LSU.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The gap between #1 and #4 is bigger than #4 and #15, which is not good for the sport.

Not sure if it would make a difference, but I would think an 8-team playoff, with one spot for each power 5 conference might help level the playing field.  More options to get to the playoff might even out the talent a bit. 

Either that or we just have to wait until Saban and/or Dabo decide to move on.  Curious to see if Clemson takes a step back next year with DJ as their QB after a great run with Lawrence and Watson.

• Upvote 1

Herbstreit just talked about something on the intro that I've always wondered about regarding Lawrence.

Herbstreit essentially says everyone knows about Lawrence's arm, but it's his legs that OSU has to worry about and I agree.  I think a big part of what makes Lawrence so dangerous is his running ability, but I just don't know how much that will translate in the NFL.  That's why I was never sold on the generational label.  I just don't see him being an elite/high end runner in the pros, and I just don't think he was quite on the level as Luck or Manning etc as a pocket passer.

Just my thoughts.  Very excited for this game.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Herbstreit just talked about something on the intro that I've always wondered about regarding Lawrence.

Herbstreit essentially says everyone knows about Lawrence's arm, but it's his legs that OSU has to worry about and I agree.  I think a big part of what makes Lawrence so dangerous is his running ability, but I just don't know how much that will translate in the NFL.  That's why I was never sold on the generational label.  I just don't see him being an elite/high end runner in the pros, and I just don't think he was quite on the level as Luck or Manning etc as a pocket passer.

Just my thoughts.  Very excited for this game.

I feel like Dabo saves those designed runs for the playoffs