With my 9th post I am ready to call this...

OMA

Barring a Watson trade, which I think is highly unlikely, It’s going to be Wilson. The kid is special. He’s crazy accurate. Just take a bit of time and watch this link . It’s got all of last season’s throws and runs.

you’ll realize yourself by minute 10 or so. Watch his accuracy, his pocket poise, always eyes downfield. The guys is playing at a different speed vs his competitors.
Unless he a complete jerk, I think  he’s the guy.

Plus, watch the BYU #5 WR he’s got great hands.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I see JD as always playing the odds.  The safe move for him and Saleh is to trade Sam and reset the QB clock.  A high risk/high reward gamble is rolling with Sam in his 4th year - no wiggle room at all especially if Wilson or Fields light it up as a rookie.  A Watson trade immediately accelerates the "win now" clock, and IMO is the lowest probability outcome...

I see JD as always playing the odds.  The safe move for him and Saleh is to trade Sam and reset the QB clock.  A high risk/high reward gamble is rolling with Sam in his 4th year - no wiggle room at all especially if Wilson or Fields light it up as a rookie.  A Watson trade immediately accelerates the "win now" clock, and IMO is the lowest probability outcome...

Rolling with Sam buys him another year easily. It’s literally the safest thing he can do for his job security. He doesn’t even have to tell ownership he likes Sam, only that the prospects this year are not worth it. He can say he’d rather build the team and shoot for a QB next year. Can you imagine staring down a real 5 star QB prospect next year and passing on it because we have Zach Wilson. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Rolling with Sam buys him another year easily. It’s literally the safest thing he can do for his job security. He doesn’t even have to tell ownership he likes Sam, only that the prospects this year are not worth it. He can say he’d rather build the team and shoot for a QB next year. Can you imagine staring down a real 5 star QB prospect next year and passing on it because we have Zach Wilson. Ugh

Fair point,  but the problem with that is he's sitting in the #2 slot this year and he doesn't know where he'll be next year.  I'm not sure he's going to want to get squeezed having to move up if Sam doesn't improve.  

7 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Who would that 5 star prospect be ?

Edited by Dunnie

On 3/5/2021 at 5:17 PM, Warfish said:

Because he beat up the North Alabama's of college football?

I'm not seeing it.  I see a small school kid feasting on also-ran schools running up scores and stats.  

You know what would have been great, seeing BYU play Alabama.  

Too bad he played pretty much no one of any consequence, and lost to the one team in 2020 that was any good (Coastal Carolina, where he put up a pedestrian 63%, 260 yard, 1 TD to 1 INT performance).

Maybe I'd be more impressed if he'd played some real programs.  Maybe I'd be more impressed if he put up 60 against Coastal Carolina instead of 17 and a loss.  Maybe I'd be more impressed if he'd done what he did in 2020 all three years of his career.

I don't deny there is every chance the Jets draft Wilson.  So it'll be what it'll be.  

Here’s how I see the small school prospect thing. From what I can see, the divisions are basically individually homogenous. Div 2 is generally filled with div 2 talent thus comparable within the division. You can’t take a Div 2 team and throw them in against an SEC powerhouse to gauge the skills of one player. IMO, what you look for in a DIV 2/3 prospect is whether or not they’re the best on the field against comparable talent. Wilson, although he’s not the direction I’d like the Jets to go, consistently seems to be the best player on the field in the games he plays. That being said, BYU (and other religion-heavy schools) can be weird because better talent can eschew better programs in favor of their principles. 

sorry, I just don’t like the cross-division argument to downplay a prospect and I’m definitely not a Wilson fan. 

On 3/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, joewilly12 said:

Sign 49ers free agent QB  Nick Mullens and surround him with talent. 

49ers looking at Sam Darnold to replace Garrapolo.

Jets looking at Garrapolo’s backup to replace Sam Darnold.

Mskes sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

49ers looking at Sam Darnold to replace Garrapolo.

Jets looking at Garrapolo’s backup to replace Sam Darnold.

Mskes sense.

Nick Mullens looks better than Sam Darnold has been. 

Also allows the NY Jets to draft talent to surround Mullens with. 

Darnold mistakes and bad decisions won't be fixed with a change of coaches. 

Everyone isn't sold on Wilson,Fields,Lance or Jones. 

Or we give the draft away and a key player QW and put Watson on another bad team and win 4 games. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Or we give the draft away and a key player QW and put Watson on another bad team and win 4 games. 

There has got to be a guy named Mulligan we can sign.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So, we sign Nick Mullens or trade everything for Deshaun? 

Solid binary choice completely devoid of logic. 

Classic Reaction GIF

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, we sign Nick Mullens or trade everything for Deshaun? 

Solid binary choice completely devoid of logic. 

Classic Reaction GIF

I NEVER agreed or approved trading the draft away for Watson.

Those are the options everyone is talking about. 

Image result for thick glasses looking confused gifs

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nick “TeH frAncHi$e” Mullens

Better than what we currently have on the NY Jets roster instantly becomes the best QB on the roster. 

On 3/5/2021 at 3:53 PM, OMA said:

It no longer is a question of where things are going with the qb position in April.  The combination of new staff, salary implications, 2022 QB prospects and skill set of Wilson make it a near certainty the NYJ will draft him at 2.  I think Joe and team expect improvement in 2021 to a point where they hope/plan to never be in the position again of being able to draft elite talent (top 5 pick lets say) this high in the draft.

Rather than argue Sam should be kept again and again I would be interested in what the forum thinks about how to not have Sam V2 with Wilson.  

Does he start day one or sit ?  What is your preference

Do we look at a fellow Utah Qb ( i am aware different schools) like Alex Smith to mentor ?

Does the signing of a vet center become more imperative if Linsley hits the market or do you look at youth on the line with a more veteran wide receiver group ?

Unless they don’t 

On 3/7/2021 at 12:06 PM, joewilly12 said:

Nick Mullens better than Christian Hackenberg,Luke Falk,James Morgan,Joe Flacco,Sam Darnold. 

And you know he’s better than Morgan how?  No on other than you would take him over Darnold.  

No one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you know he’s better than Morgan how?  No on other than you would take him over Darnold.  
No one. 

You speak for everyone. 

Morgan not seeing a snap in a 2-14 season speaks volumes. 

Darnold has shown NOTHING in 3 years here, worst ranked QB in the NFL in 2020 guys who came off the street were ranked better. 

No improvements in all his flaws. 

I keep the faith that if he remains the starting NY Jets QB he can turn it all around. 

Heres what I got on Morgan 

image.thumb.png.6e67566bd7f3e55a2ed65f7ceea66f43.pngHere's what I got on Mullens. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

You speak for everyone. 

Morgan not seeing a snap in a 2-14 season speaks volumes. 

Darnold has shown NOTHING in 3 years here, worst ranked QB in the NFL in 2020 guys who came off the street were ranked better. 

No improvements in all his flaws. 

I keep the faith that if he remains the starting NY Jets QB he can turn it all around. 

Heres what I got on Morgan 

image.thumb.png.6e67566bd7f3e55a2ed65f7ceea66f43.pngHere's what I got on Mullens. 

Morgan because we needed a “COVID” QB was going to be the 4th QB on the roster and because if they did little more video and QB room work.  Thinking that he didn’t see the field, as if would even as the #3 is so wrong.

If you think there is a personal person anywhere, especially with supposed interest from SF etc that agrees with you vs Sam, I’m actually not surprised

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Morgan because we needed a “COVID” QB was going to be the 4th QB on the roster and because if they did little more video and QB room work.  Thinking that he didn’t see the field, as if would even as the #3 is so wrong.

If you think there is a personal person anywhere, especially with supposed interest from SF etc that agrees with you vs Sam, I’m actually not surprised

You have your opinions and I have mine. 

We can't all think and agree with you. 

Don't like Mullens no big deal the sun still sets tonight and rises tomorrow. 

We know what we have in Sam Darnold a failing QB 3 seasons that needs a lot of work. 

Maybe he can fix it maybe he cant. 

Go NY Jets. 

On 3/7/2021 at 5:53 PM, joewilly12 said:

You have your opinions and I have mine. 

We can't all think and agree with you. 

Don't like Mullens no big deal the sun still sets tonight and rises tomorrow. 

We know what we have in Sam Darnold a failing QB 3 seasons that needs a lot of work. 

Maybe he can fix it maybe he cant. 

Go NY Jets. 

Its youre opinion and thats fine.  

What we had was a shlt team and shltty WRs, OL, RB and the one of the worst HCs in the history of the league.

You can blame Darnold.  I will say once again we have no idea what he is other than a more talented QB than Mullens

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You can blame Darnold.  I will say once again we have no idea what he is other than a more talented QB than Mullens

It's not all Sam Darnolds fault but the INT's and missed pass attempts and dumb decisions are. 

How can you prove he's more talented than Nick Mullens. 

What has Sam Darnold  done thats makes him so much more talented  than Nick Mullens. 

Mullens college career 44 games 928 completions 1546 attempts 11,994 yards 87 TD's  46 INT's 

Darnold  college career 27 games 549 completions 846 attempts 7229 yards 57 TD's  22 INT's 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

It's not all Sam Darnolds fault but the INT's and missed pass attempts and dumb decisions are. 

How can you prove he's more talented than Nick Mullens. 

What has Sam Darnold  done thats makes him so much more talented  than Nick Mullens. 

Mullens college career 44 games 928 completions 1546 attempts 11,994 yards 87 TD's  46 INT's 

Darnold  college career 27 games 549 completions 846 attempts 7229 yards 57 TD's  22 INT's 

You play QB, have no one open, run for your life most of the time, trail in most of your games, get dumb f'n plays in your headset and tell me you wont force passes, press to move the ball, get a 1st.

I dont care what Mullens numbers are.  Thats a pointless argument and ignores the situations and circumstances.  You watched Mullens what 3 times play a game?  Some highlight videos and Football reference .com.  There isnt a personnel exec anywhere who takes Mullens over Darnold.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You play QB, have no one open, run for your life most of the time, trail in most of your games, get dumb f'n plays in your headset and tell me you wont force passes, press to move the ball, get a 1st.

I dont care what Mullens numbers are.  Thats a pointless argument and ignores the situations and circumstances.  You watched Mullens what 3 times play a game?  Some highlight videos and Football reference .com.  There isnt a personnel exec anywhere who takes Mullens over Darnold.

We been watching Sam Darnold for 3 years all failures. 

Excuse he needs to get better watch more film. 

I hope he turns it around if he remains a NY Jet or elsewhere good kid class act on and off the field. 

SF obviously took Mullens and when he played he playerd well. 

On 3/5/2021 at 4:15 PM, Warfish said:

I don't think the Jets answer at QB is available in this draft class or this year's free agency class. 

So what I want is a world class elite Tackle prospect, or an elite top 3 WR prospect, in a draft focusing heavily on the Offense, the skill positions and the O-line. 

Yes, yes and yes!

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We been watching Sam Darnold for 3 years all failures. 

Excuse he needs to get better watch more film. 

I hope he turns it around if he remains a NY Jet or elsewhere good kid class act on and off the field. 

SF obviously took Mullens and when he played he playerd well. 

And SF is interested in Darnold according to reports.  

• Sympathy 1