Message to Joe Douglas; please watch Field of Dreams and think about Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers when you do...

Think about this guys, this is how it's done.  Wilson aint it, so we cant go the rookie deal QB route.  We botched trading back and truly dedicating building around Sam, so here we are, JD kind of built it.  It's sexy enough to tell Rodgers, come to NY, pick your OC, and lets get all sorts ****ed up on ayahuasca.  sh*t, send the entire franchise to some camp and let their Shaman rid us of the Namath curse already.  

Guys, do you know what number Rodgers wears???????

This is the way.  Look around the league.  Manning did it w/ the Broncos, Brady w/ the Bucs, Stafford w/ the Rams.  Go get the elite HOF vet that needs a new scenery who's team doesnt appreciate him enough and win a chip.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:53 AM, JiFields said:

I was obviously being silly in that post but I'm 100% being serious about trading back.  I genuinely feel that's the best way for this team to be competitive.  And I just see disaster written all over taking Wilson and strapping him with this terrible team and all rookie coaches.

Little Boy Reaction GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

I'm all for building a Super Bowl quality team around whomever fills the QB position.  Who wouldn't be.

I'm much less for these pie-in-the-sky fantasies about over-the-hill or impossible to acquire and/or impossible to afford aged HOF'ers in the golden years.

I just don't see these as real-world solutions honestly, for many reasons.

• Upvote 2

On 3/26/2021 at 12:46 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Your plan is to make the roster solid before adding the good QB.  Teams that are solid end up drafting in the back half even without good QB play.  Usually those teams opt for a veteran like Winston, Dalton, etc like you're advocating.

The Bucs roster was loaded when Brady arrived.  They were still a "meh" 7-9 the previous year with Winston.  That 7-9 / 8-8 type roster that's a QB away is exactly what you're advocating for here.

right. And then those QB's that are drafted onto good teams are in a much better position to succeed.

On 3/25/2021 at 1:24 PM, JiFields said:

Oh and then there is also the yearly generational draft talent that rises to prominence every single offseason, so if JD cant close one of these HOF'ers, just draft the next hot QB prospect.

Sign Rodgers, draft Anthony Richardson

@TuscanyTile2

Thanks Thank You GIF by BET Awards

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'm all for building a Super Bowl quality team around whomever fills the QB position.  Who wouldn't be.

I'm much less for these pie-in-the-sky fantasies about over-the-hill or impossible to acquire and/or impossible to afford aged HOF'ers in the golden years.

I just don't see these as real-world solutions honestly, for many reasons.

Since I made this post, Matt Stafford won a SB.  It's the way.  It's the only way.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

right. And then those QB's that are drafted onto good teams are in a much better position to succeed.

Just now, JiFields said:

@TuscanyTile2

follow me, Barry, I literally called this all perfectly....I was right then, I'm right now...here's a pair of nikes and some kool-aid

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Hitching our wagon to Rodgers for a 1-2 year burst to glory makes more sense to me than committing long term to Derek Carr.  Basically  the Tampa/Rams model.  Heck, might even make Zach serviceable learning behind Rodgers.

2 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

I’m warming up to this idea

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

5 hours ago, JiFields said:

@TuscanyTile2

Doubling down on foolishness, Richardson is actually a worse move than going after Rodgers.  Richardson STINKS.

But wait why are not pumping that we should go after Richardson version 1 that being Justin Fields?  Bears can draft Bryce Young and trade us your hero Fields! Booo ya!

This isn't that complicated.  There are 2 types of vet QBs:  1) High-end guys you can hitch your wagon to for a minimum of the next 3 seasons; or 2) Bridge guys who can hold the fort for 1-2 years while you "find" your long-term option at QB (either a long-term vet OR a homegrown FQB).  

Get a QB in ONE of those 2 buckets, PLUS draft a QB somewhere in the middle rounds (late 1st is an option too in a trade-up situation, if you really like someone; just don't take a QB at 13).  

Ideally, you head into next season with a new vet, Mike White, Zach Wilson and a rookie.  Look to trade Zach if you can.  

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Doubling down on foolishness, Richardson is actually a worse move than going after Rodgers.  Richardson STINKS.

But wait why are not pumping that we should go after Richardson version 1 that being Justin Fields?  Bears can draft Bryce Young and trade us your hero Fields! Booo ya!

prayer GIF

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 2:38 PM, JiF said:

Think about this guys, this is how it's done.  Wilson aint it, so we cant go the rookie deal QB route.  We botched trading back and truly dedicating building around Sam, so here we are, JD kind of built it.  It's sexy enough to tell Rodgers, come to NY, pick your OC, and lets get all sorts ****ed up on ayahuasca.  sh*t, send the entire franchise to some camp and let their Shaman rid us of the Namath curse already.  

Guys, do you know what number Rodgers wears???????

This is the way.  Look around the league.  Manning did it w/ the Broncos, Brady w/ the Bucs, Stafford w/ the Rams.  Go get the elite HOF vet that needs a new scenery who's team doesnt appreciate him enough and win a chip.

I’m a ******* prophet 

EAD @football guy

love you @Mogglez

• Post of the Week 2
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 3/25/2021 at 1:24 PM, JiF said:

Because if he builds it, they will come.  Both players fed up with their organizations and want out.  These 2 HOF players, will be available and if the Jets can build the most Super Bowl ready team, they will come to NY and build their legacy to the same category as Brady and Manning as the only QB's to win Super Bowl's with 2 different teams.  I know, I know, I know, but JiF, I want my very own drafted home grown QB on a rookie contract!!!!  Great, good, fine, makes sense, now shut up and listen.

The AFC is loaded w/ talent at QB: Mahomes, Allen, Watson, Herbert, Lawrence, Jackson, Mayfield, Burrow, Wentz.  It's going to be brutal for the next 10 years.  I love Fields as a prospect, even I can admit, I have no clue if he's going to be anywhere near as good as these guys.  Wilson? Lance?  Odds are not high, at all, that any of these dudes will be close to these cats and if you swing and miss, you're proper ****ed.  The AFC is loaded, we still play BB twice a year and resetting only to get it wrong legit can take you out of the conversation for the next 10 years.  Be honest with yourself, do you really trust the Jets organization to draft a rookie QB who needs a ton of work, saddle him with a first time HC from the defensive side of the ball, tie him to a 34 year old first OC, stick him on one of the worst rosters in the NFL and think it will work?   That's sounds like a recipe for success to you?  If so, then you must have just discovered this illustrious franchise.  

So what's the solution?  Keep Sam Darnold and sign Bridgewater or Mariota and let them battle it out in camp.  Trade #2 and trade back as much as you can while staying positioned to acquire picks this year and next year and build this pile of dog sh*t roster into an actual NFL team instead of whatever the **** we've been watching for the last 10 years.  I've played this scenario out numerous times and JD could literally rebuild entire position groups - CBx2, Edge, C-G-T, WR.  Whoever you like, you the name the order, it's doable in this draft.  In a trade down scenario the Jets could hypothetically add 5-6 starters this season and NEXT!  

I know it's not sexy, I know we're all fed up with Sam Darnold but at the end of the day, this organization is 0-10 since drafting Darnold when he doesnt play.  That's 2 HC's, 4 QB's, all sorts of personnel, yet the same outcome.  Gase was the worst hire in the history of this organization.  If Sam cant get it together in a new system and beat out Bridgewater/Mariota/Morgan, sobeit, if he does great, lets see what this coaching staff can do and who knows, baring a miracle maybe we dont even need to acquire 1 of the 2 HOF'ers....but if he/or they suck, fine, whatever, who cares, that just means we'll have higher draft picks to attract Wilson or Rodgers.

Oh and then there is also the yearly generational draft talent that rises to prominence every single offseason, so if JD cant close one of these HOF'ers, just draft the next hot QB prospect.

I love you.

I can't speak for anyone else but I definitely came

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JiF said:

I expect hand written letters of apology from the following posters: 

@NIGHT STALKER @Dunnie @Thai Jet @k-met57 @Jetluv58 @BroadwayRay 

I can’t tag The Gooch @Jetsfan80

1. NIGHT STALKER

NIGHT STALKER

January 12
  2. Dunnie

Dunnie

January 12
  3. Thai Jet

Thai Jet

March 25, 2021
  4. k-met57

k-met57

March 25, 2021
  5. Jetluv58

Jetluv58

March 25, 2021
  6. The Gooch

March 25, 2021
  7. BroadwayRay

Damn, what did I do now...lol...I can't remember 5 minutes ago.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, AVM said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I definitely came

I'm a very humble person not known for bragging about my brilliance but the amount of foresight and all the calls I nailed in that post, is simply amazing. 

- should have got a kings ransom for #2 and build around Sam - check

- Wilson a bust - check

- rookie coaching staff not prepared for challenge - check

- Gase the worst hire in franchise history - check

- rebuild position groups ie; CB/Edge/OL/WR - check

- Russ and Rodgers upset w/ their teams - check

- freak generational talent at QB ie; Anthony Richardson - check 

- if you build it, he will come - mother ******* checkmate bitches.

I'M THE GOAT

• Haha 1