Fire Aaron Boone

Bronx

57 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yes and so was Girardi...GMs and owners don't hire managers that aren't puppets anymore.....that's why blaming the manager is idiotic.

Boone doesn't seem like a motivational HC and he makes poor pitching decisions. 

Not idiotic. 

Fact 

Boone brings in Chapman HR game tied!!!!!!!!!

Idiotic 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Not idiotic. 

Fact 

Idiotic 

They go over all these scenarios before hand with the GM and analytics department....none of these decisions are made on the fly it's not 1996.

14 minutes ago, undertow said:

They go over all these scenarios before hand with the GM and analytics department....none of these decisions are made on the fly it's not 1996.

Ok Boone and Cashman both suck. 

This team is far too talented to be playing the baseball they are playing. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok Boone and Cashman both suck. 

This team is far too talented to be playing the baseball they are playing. 

The team is constructed poorly and the philosophy sucks....all right handed, 3 run homer ball, and bullpen ball.   And none of these young players seem like they have been developed properly....Sanchez, Torres, Andujar, and Frazier all have gone into the tank and each one has superstar potential....something is seriously wrong with the organization as a whole focusing on the manager is short sighted imo.

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Not idiotic. 

Fact 

Idiotic 

what ? Boone was 100 % correct in bringing in his closer in that situation slump or no slump Chapman is the closer and that's who you bring in every time. Before Chapmans terrible slump he was as always one of the most dominant closers in all of baseball with a 0.39 ERA you have to think he's going to snap out of it or its possible something is wrong with him physically

The Yankees lineup is a mess. The Yankee defense is a mess. The entire concept on how the team was built is a mess in every way possible and it was built by Cashman. I'm pretty sure Cashman has a huge say on who plays and who does not all Boone does is move pitchers in and out of games and put in pinch runners.

The Yankees may have one of the best defensive catchers in all of baseball in Higgy yet they keep marching the "Krapen" out there for his whopping 14 HR's. In the beginning of the year Higgy had a hot bat as well but they still put Sanchez in killing Higgy's hot streak . There is no question who the Yankee pitchers prefer and rightfully so.

Torres obviously can't play shortstop he's terrible and now that pitchers have adjusted he's got a whopping 3 HR's and 23 RBI's at the all star break. Wade could be a good leadoff hitter with speed and plays good SS yet he's used as a utility guy and pinch runner .... to hell with trying to manufacture a run when you can wait for Torres to hit a HR  that's never coming.

The Yankees have 3 very good players in Judge, LeMahieu, and Urshela. Wade and Higgy should be starting SS and C Torres should be playing 2nd base. Voit should be the Full time DH and LeMahieu can play first to help put players back into the positions they belong. Stanton can play LF Judge RF and we can then shop players or sign a top CF thats not hurt every single year like Hicks.

Odor was the most laughable signing since he's the typical HR or strike out type player hitting .200 the Yankees are already loaded with.

Ideal situation would be to move on from Stanton probably almost impossible due to his contract. Move on from Gary Sanchez which they should have done years ago when teams were making great offers for him. I prefer a defensive minded catcher anyway. Keeping in mind if you are in a big game say a playoff game or a game 7 in the 9th inning with a go ahead run on third and a pitcher who wants to try and get the hitter to swing at a nasty sinker or slider in the dirt do you do that with Gary Sanchez behind the plate or with Higgy ? 

I can go on and on but the one certain thing I can say is Brian Cashman is the absolute worst GM in all of sports. Gene Micheal built the only complete Yankee team the past 30 years 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

what ? Boone was 100 % correct in bringing in his closer in that situation slump or no slump Chapman is the closer and that's who you bring in every time. Before Chapmans terrible slump he was as always one of the most dominant closers in all of baseball with a 0.39 ERA you have to think he's going to snap out of it or its possible something is wrong with him physically

The Yankees lineup is a mess. The Yankee defense is a mess. The entire concept on how the team was built is a mess in every way possible and it was built by Cashman. I'm pretty sure Cashman has a huge say on who plays and who does not all Boone does is move pitchers in and out of games and put in pinch runners.

The Yankees may have one of the best defensive catchers in all of baseball in Higgy yet they keep marching the "Krapen" out there for his whopping 14 HR's. In the beginning of the year Higgy had a hot bat as well but they still put Sanchez in killing Higgy's hot streak . There is no question who the Yankee pitchers prefer and rightfully so.

Torres obviously can't play shortstop he's terrible and now that pitchers have adjusted he's got a whopping 3 HR's and 23 RBI's at the all star break. Wade could be a good leadoff hitter with speed and plays good SS yet he's used as a utility guy and pinch runner .... to hell with trying to manufacture a run when you can wait for Torres to hit a HR  that's never coming.

The Yankees have 3 very good players in Judge, LeMahieu, and Urshela. Wade and Higgy should be starting SS and C Torres should be playing 2nd base. Voit should be the Full time DH and LeMahieu can play first to help put players back into the positions they belong. Stanton can play LF Judge RF and we can then shop players or sign a top CF thats not hurt every single year like Hicks.

Odor was the most laughable signing since he's the typical HR or strike out type player hitting .200 the Yankees are already loaded with.

Ideal situation would be to move on from Stanton probably almost impossible due to his contract. Move on from Gary Sanchez which they should have done years ago when teams were making great offers for him. I prefer a defensive minded catcher anyway. Keeping in mind if you are in a big game say a playoff game or a game 7 in the 9th inning with a go ahead run on third and a pitcher who wants to try and get the hitter to swing at a nasty sinker or slider in the dirt do you do that with Gary Sanchez behind the plate or with Higgy ? 

I can go on and on but the one certain thing I can say is Brian Cashman is the absolute worst GM in all of sports. Gene Micheal built the only complete Yankee team the past 30 years 

All Cashman cares about is collecting guys who can hit homeruns and relievers...it's amazing to me how anyone who was around during the Yankees dynasty could think this is a smart way to play baseball...even when the Yankees were making the playoffs the past few years this philosophy didn't work well in the playoffs and vs the top pitchers and best teams.  You can hire as many MIT/analytics guys as you want in the end the game still comes down to clutch hitting, manufacturing runs in big spots, and starting pitching. 

• Upvote 1

Somebody has to pay the price for this embarrassment.  Hopefully more than one somebody but certainly  Cashman if there is any justice here.  Boone would also be washed away as part of such a change but just removing Boone when the architect keeps his job would be nothing more than a cover up.

• Sympathy 1

• 1 year later...

Boone needs to go.  I'm old school and not favoring lineup changes every damn day.  Whether it's inserting a guy or two or the batting order.  Stick to one lineup for God's sake and let them bat in the same order.  Boone is ok driving a new car, but if the car needs repairing, he's lost.  

• Upvote 1

Trust me when I say I'm not in love with Boone. Firing him changes nothing, he doesn't set the lineup. The reality is that this team currently constructed is not very good. They played out of their minds to start the season, had a lot of good breaks go our way. Now that the Yankees have come down to earth we are seeing their true colors. We knew what this team was before the year even started, they are a borderline postseason team, not even close to contending. This is all to say firing Boone likely makes us no better. Who are you going to hire? Girardi? No way they bring him back.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Trust me when I say I'm not in love with Boone. Firing him changes nothing, he doesn't set the lineup. The reality is that this team currently constructed is not very good. They played out of their minds to start the season, had a lot of good breaks go our way. Now that the Yankees have come down to earth we are seeing their true colors. We knew what this team was before the year even started, they are a borderline postseason team, not even close to contending. This is all to say firing Boone likely makes us no better. Who are you going to hire? Girardi? No way they bring him back.

You don't think he has a say in the lineup?  Come on, he's fighting for his job and he should have been fired last year.  Like I said previously, he's good steering this team when it's going good, not good at all when it needs a boot in the ass.  Toronto fired their manager and the Yankees need a change.  I've never seen a Yankee team collapse like this in all my years as a fan.  Someone has to go and Boone is the obvious one.  Who would I like as a replacement?  I have no idea, but this nose bleed has to stop like yesterday already.

20 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

You don't think he has a say in the lineup?  Come on, he's fighting for his job and he should have been fired last year.  Like I said previously, he's good steering this team when it's going good, not good at all when it needs a boot in the ass.  Toronto fired their manager and the Yankees need a change.  I've never seen a Yankee team collapse like this in all my years as a fan.  Someone has to go and Boone is the obvious one.  Who would I like as a replacement?  I have no idea, but this nose bleed has to stop like yesterday already.

Boone makes in game decisions but he’s definitely not solely deciding the lineup. That’s Cashman and his team of Ivy League analytics nerds. Cashman is the one who really needs to go. Then things can change. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 11:56 PM, Dwight Englewood said:

Boone is just the manager extension of Cashman 

I agree but his decisions are very, very hard to understand, Cashman is a dope, doesn’t understand what it takes to win a WS which is clutch hitting and great starting pitching but Boone is a third generation ML player who grew up in the game and his decisions are continuously head scratching, he has less excuse than Cashman, I think he’s just not a smart manger.

Boone was a very physically  talented player who never got great results as a player, he was not a SMART player, why would he be a Smart manger? 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...