PFF Ranks Jets In Top 5 Most Improved Teams Of 2021 | The New York Jets | NFL

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Then of course years later when the player has a brief spurt of success elsewhere, “AH HA! TOLD YOU SOOOOO!”

Ha! Yes, those are really like supernova events for the forum! If a guy like Jamal, Leo, Darnold, or Robby Anderson absolutely goes off one week with a spectacular game then look out! Especially if it’s early in the season right after he was traded, released, etc.

Just check out the “one trick pony” thread about Robby that has resurfaced!

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha! Yes, those are really like supernova events for the forum! If a guy like Jamal, Leo, Darnold, or Robby Anderson absolutely goes off one week with a spectacular game then look out! Especially if it’s early in the season right after he was traded, released, etc.

Just check out the “one trick pony” thread about Robby that has resurfaced!

Criticize the Jets too early: "HATERZZZZ!"

Criticize too late: "Snore, beating dead horse."

It's never the right time to criticize the Jets.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

20210519_113135.jpg.346e1e77a9bd9f8386ebfa44e3dcda7d.jpg

I did not want or like Adam Gase.  I am glad he's gone and that we've apparently upgraded.

If Robert Saleh can't win 8 games with a schedule this easy and a roster this transformed and a 9th home game then the memory of Adam Gase will be the least of our problems.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I did not want or like Adam Gase.  I am glad he's gone and that we've apparently upgraded.

If Robert Saleh can't win 8 games with a schedule this easy and a roster this transformed and a 9th home game then the memory of Adam Gase will be the least of our problems.

SAR I

You’re like an ESPN beat but without the incentive of generating headlines with bad takes.

Every year is circumstantial, the Jets went 7-9 that year but failed the eye test miserably, only 2/7 of their wins were by more than 1 score while they lost by more than 1 score 8/9 games.  They also were the 31st in scoring. If they go 6-11 or 7-10 this year but look competitive week in, week out and show a lot of potential on both sides of the ball I’ll be optimistic moving forward.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

You’re like an ESPN beat but without the incentive of generating headlines with bad takes.

Every year is circumstantial, the Jets went 7-9 that year but failed the eye test miserably, only 2/7 of their wins were by more than 1 score while they lost by more than 1 score 8/9 games.  They also were the 31st in scoring. If they go 6-11 or 7-10 this year but look competitive week in, week out and show a lot of potential on both sides of the ball I’ll be optimistic moving forward.

And the "I was right about Adam Gase" spin machine begins.  

No excuses if Saleh can't do better than the worst HC in the history of the NFL with an easier schedule, a better roster, and a 9th home game.  Hell, the Bucs and Bills probably will be resting their starters and gift us two wins.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

+1

There's also a pretty low chance they'd have even been competitive in that second Bills game, never mind outright winning it. Our first team offense scored 3 points through the first 3 quarters against Matt Barkley and the rest of the Bills backups + practice squad, before securing that glorious 13-6 victory.

But apparently that "win" means the Jets were actually about average, or something. Of course, it would've gone a bit further to proving as much if we hadn't also taken a lopsided loss to the 0-11 Bengals (who'd then lose their next 3 after that). 

But we beat the 3-13 Redskins and 4-12 Giants (who got 2 of their glorious 4 wins against Washington lol). Also our D made Delvin Hodges look like a below-average QB for half a game! Also we beat Oakland while they went 1-5 over that last stretch.

It'd be more productive if they won 6 games but were competitive in 6+ of those losses than finish like the 2019 team: 6-9 against teams with starters on the field, and one more paper win against backups, but were only really competitive in 1 of those 9 losses. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2021 at 11:54 AM, SAR I said:

On 5/19/2021 at 3:05 PM, SAR I said:

LOL

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

No excuses if Saleh can't do better than the worst HC in the history of the NFL with an easier schedule, a better roster, and a 9th home game.  Hell, the Bucs and Bills probably will be resting their starters and gift us two wins.

SAR I

The strength of schedule from 2019 is easier than 2021. 

5 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

The strength of schedule from 2019 is easier than 2021. 

Only because it takes into account a 12-4 Saints team from last year.  Drew Brees is gone.  This year's schedule is easier.

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Only because it takes into account a 12-4 Saints team from last year.  Drew Brees is gone.  This year's schedule is easier.

SAR I

You can also say the same about the 4-12 bengals who will be better and the 1-15 Jaguars who will be better. 

And don't sleep on the Saints with Jameis Winston starting. They will still be a good team. 

1 hour ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

You can also say the same about the 4-12 bengals who will be better and the 1-15 Jaguars who will be better. 

And don't sleep on the Saints with Jameis Winston starting. They will still be a good team. 

Those are assumptions, but we don't know that the Bengals and Jaguars will be much improved.

What we do know is that without Drew Brees, the Saints are going to drop from 12 wins significantly.  That is not an assumption.  That is a fact.

Big picture.....the schedule this year is easy and there is no excuse for Robert Saleh to not surpass Adam Gase, especially with a 9th home game.

SAR I

On 5/20/2021 at 9:27 AM, SAR I said:

Those are assumptions, but we don't know that the Bengals and Jaguars will be much improved.

What we do know is that without Drew Brees, the Saints are going to drop from 12 wins significantly.  That is not an assumption.  That is a fact.

Big picture.....the schedule this year is easy and there is no excuse for Robert Saleh to not surpass Adam Gase, especially with a 9th home game.

SAR I

SORE I...”I think I’ll give myself a thumbs up and then take a ride in one of my BMWs!”

B90FC10A-E435-4C73-A4C1-E38DE44A08F6.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I never really cared for PFF because I believe they show a lot of favoritism to specific players and the way they use a points system is crazy to me; but hopefully they are accurate in regards to

A.) Zach Wilson being the highest rated QB of All Time in college

and

B.) Jets being one of the most improved teams. 

Because if so?

I'll become a PFF fan for life. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2021 at 5:54 PM, SAR I said:

I officially apologize to anyone who I have accused of intellectual dishonesty on the Internet before this moment.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're not only a liar...

But you're a disgusting liar. 

I did not want or like Adam Gase.  While he was our head coach, I showed him support as that was the right thing to do.

Your personal attack has been reported.

SAR I 

• Haha 1