I Made this Cyclone Vid For You Guys and Wanted to Share it Here!

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No way dude, those things scare the hell outta this Fatman. Nope, not me, 

I only got on that thing once  - actually 3 times in a row -  and I was on psychedelics. No other way I’d dare muster the courage to do it. And I’d say it was the most thrilling experience EVER!!!!

• Sympathy 1

Last time I was at Coney Island (25+years ago) my wife refused to go on a ride with me called the Hell Hole because she thought it looked too run down.  Sure enough, a few days later I saw a New York Post headline that many people were seriously hurt when it broke. I think someone might have lost their leg.

But the Cyclone is their bread and butter.  They keep it up pretty well.  I think it's just all that wood creaking noise that gives it that effect.

• Sympathy 1

On 6/10/2021 at 5:28 PM, GREENBEAN said:

Hey Fellas,

As most of you know we held a Jets Fan event at Coney Island last month where we got a Jets Chant going from the top of the Cyclone AND the Thunderbolt Coaster. I was able to capture a lot of footage including a full POV vid of the chants and rides.  

My editing prowess isn't top of the heap but Im pretty proud of both the event and the vid.  I wanted to share it here for everyone who couldn't (or just didn't want to) make it. :) 

Enjoy the vid and I'm looking forward to a season full of Jetnation events around the country. Lots in the works!!! 

Let me know what ya think

B

Great stuff GB!!!

• Sympathy 1

Haha, maaaannnn that pizza tho. 
200.gif

Great video. [mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention] seems like the nicest guy in the room. 

Haha. Thanks man. I felt like the host.
Good or bad on the pizza? I never had the sauce on top before and it was pretty awesome

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

only thing scary about the cyclone is that it might fall apart at any time

Lol. That’s part of the thrill I suppose. It’s such a good one.
I just went on another built in the same year in CT at lake compounce. It was TERRIBLE

Check it out. Soooooo bad.

I'm assuming you'll be stopping at Funtown and OOB when you get to Maine? Let me know in advance I'd like to shake your hand?

We are heading to palace play land on Friday. Evening I think. Fun town is right there but I might not make it. Let me know if you wanna pop in.

More about this full time coaster tour...

Sold everything I own and bought an RV to take my kids on every coaster in the country. 775 of em. We’re right at about 220 right now. It’s harder than I even thought it would be though.

I have a full YouTube page dedicated to it and am about to begin the pod cast of what it’s like to do this sh*t.

https://youtube.com/c/FullTimeCoasterTour

It’s amazing but it’s hard. I gotta start making some more money soon too lol

We left in March of 2020.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Last time I was at Coney Island (25+years ago) my wife refused to go on a ride with me called the Hell Hole because she thought it looked too run down.  Sure enough, a few days later I saw a New York Post headline that many people were seriously hurt when it broke. I think someone might have lost their leg.

But the Cyclone is their bread and butter.  They keep it up pretty well.  I think it's just all that wood creaking noise that gives it that effect.

I believe the Dragon Coaster still runs at Playland too. The Mind Scrambler there had multiple deaths before they shut it down. And then there's always Action Park...

• Upvote 2

I only got on that thing once  - actually 3 times in a row -  and I was on psychedelics. No other way I’d dare muster the courage to do it. And I’d say it was the most thrilling experience EVER!!!!

Hahaha. I went to action park on mushrooms once. I’m
Really not entirely sure I’m not still there.

• Haha 1

That’s crazy man. I’m sure that moment has been used to support her decision making afterward
“Listen to me man!”

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Sold everything I own and bought an RV to take my kids on every coaster in the country. 775 of em. We’re right at about 220 right now. It’s harder than I even thought it would be though. emoji23.png

I have a full YouTube page dedicated to it and am about to begin the pod cast of what it’s like to do this sh*t.

That’s wild.

I assume the kids have to go back to school in-person in September?

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Sold everything I own and bought an RV to take my kids on every coaster in the country. 775 of em. We’re right at about 220 right now. It’s harder than I even thought it would be though. emoji23.png

Kingda Ka is legit.

It's not there anymore but the old Scream Machine you'd need to be fitted for a neck brace after the ride. Holy crap was that uncomfortable. Nitro is awesome too.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

That’s wild.

I assume the kids have to go back to school in-person in September?

When they go back to school, @GREENBEAN you must get them this lunchbox. They’ll be  by the envy of the school. 
Vintage NY Jets 1998 Collector's Metallic Lunch Box  NFL Licensed Holographic 

54193212-0F6A-4173-A45E-2DA661A47AB0.png

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I believe the Dragon Coaster still runs at Playland too. The Mind Scrambler there had multiple deaths before they shut it down. And then there's always Action Park...

Looking at it through today's lens is weird. I never thought twice about heading to action park. But looking back it is kind of nuts how it was all run. i'm glad it's in my memory banks though ?

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

You must have an unlimited supply of B vitamins in your system. 

if thats the vitamin that means i'm tired all day every day then yes. I have a ton of that stuff running through the sytem hahaha