‘21 Training Camp Tweets 7/29 (Zach Wilson is still in California probably Edition)

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Not really. Zach Wilson is a young talent that is desired by a team. The team wants Zach, the team needs Zach. Offset language is an absurd reality and there’s precedent for Zach to receive straight cash within the next month and theirs precedent for the removal of offset language. That’s business and Zach and his agent have the leverage. The only losers in this are the Jets who have a PR nightmare on their hands. 

Agree 100% with your take, and I have no problem hearing it (or a dissenting view) from a fellow Jets fan.

The beat guys however? They can’t seem to start their day without the obligatory cheap shot.

Whatever happened to simply reporting the news? I don’t care what opinion a Fins fan who’s been on the beat 5 months has about this.

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Agree 100% with your take, and I have no problem hearing it (or a dissenting view) from a fellow Jets fan.

The beat guys however? They can’t seem to start their day without the obligatory cheap shot.

Whatever happened to simply reporting the news? I don’t care what opinion a Fins fan who’s been on the beat 5 months has about this.

This is the first time I’ve ever been ok with their negativity and cheap shots. Hoping Woody sees all the hate from the media and pushes JD to just get it done

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Is this a good PR moment for the Jets?

not particularly good or bad in my opinion.  I think fans are making more of it than really anything. Same with some of these beat guys.  It's going to get done, he'll be in camp, there will be 50 media questions about it, but it'll be forgotten. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure he is.  Its a PR nightmare here.  No one is calling it a PR nightmare anywhere else and its not totally the Jets fault.  His agent wants something that 90% of the 1st round picks didnt get.

Yes the Jets should just get it done but his tone is that of a prick

It is absolutely a PR nightmare.  He's even acknowledging that it really won't hurt the team that much but it's awful PR.  Fans are pissed, media is mocking the Jets everywhere.  It's not a good look.

I don't understand how you can expect our beat reporters to ignore this story - or even give them a break.  

This is a mistake by the Jets and JD - not the end of world by any means - but a F-up none the less.  We need our reporters to be honest when these guys do stupid sh*t.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

not particularly good or bad in my opinion.  I think fans are making more of it than really anything. Same with some of these beat guys.  It's going to get done, he'll be in camp, there will be 50 media questions about it, but it'll be forgotten. 

Its hardly getting any national attention, which I guess the Jets like. But it's not getting national attention because the Jets being a disaster is just assumed at this point.

Dak throwing a pass is getting more attention than Zach Wilson and the Jets.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It is absolutely a PR nightmare.  He's even acknowledging that it really won't hurt the team that much but it's awful PR.  Fans are pissed, media is mocking the Jets everywhere.  It's not a good look.

I don't understand how you can expect our beat reporters to ignore this story - or even give them a break.  

This is a mistake by the Jets and JD - not the end of world by any means - but a F-up none the less.  We need our reporters to be honest when these guys do stupid sh*t.  

Links to all those in the media mocking the Jets.  ESPN & NFLN just report that hes not here, the snag appears to be over blah, blah, blah.  No one mocked the Jets when Darnold held out or when Revis had a longer hold out.  Its here and pretty much nowhere else, no one is mocking us

Its kind of expected that you would agree with all the Manish types, lets face it, youre a "the sky is falling" type of fan

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

for our illustrious fins fan reporter who will be the first to criticize the front office if Zach gets cut and we are paying him while he plays for another team  (not that I want this to happen) lets put the agents request in common terms.

As far as the contract demands go what if i phrase it a bit differently.  OK I know I am going to get mt 35 million dollars over the next 4 year a bunch of it up front.  If I rape my girl friend or get caught boffing little boys I still want you to pay me even if I get kicked out of the NFL.  Also if I suck so bad that you have to cut me I know i still get my money but if someone else picks me up I want to double dip and take their money while you are still paying me.

This is essentially what the agent wants just wanted people to see it in real life terms. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Its hardly getting any national attention, which I guess the Jets like. But it's not getting national attention because the Jets being a disaster is just assumed at this point.

Dak throwing a pass is getting more attention than Zach Wilson and the Jets.

It's not a huge deal, this happens, the deal will get done, Zach will be in camp soon, and no one will care except some fans and a few beat writers who want to slam the team for anything they can

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

It's not a huge deal, this happens, the deal will get done, Zach will be in camp soon, and no one will care except some fans and a few beat writers who want to slam the team for anything they can

This never happens.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

18 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

This is the first time I’ve ever been ok with their negativity and cheap shots. Hoping Woody sees all the hate from the media and pushes JD to just get it done

Again, where is all the hate from the media.  Its being ignored.

How will you feel if when the media does pick up the story they dont take cheap shots at Woody but take them at Zach?  

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dude’s a clown. Why would NYDN hire a dolphin fan (yea, I’m aware fandom doesn’t matter on a job resume) but jeez he isn’t even good at it.

Assume he was cheap. They are possibly still paying Mehta if he left with some kind of NDA after all the crap that he was involved in an the NYDN.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dude’s a clown. Why would NYDN hire a dolphin fan (yea, I’m aware fandom doesn’t matter on a job resume) but jeez he isn’t even good at it.

His articles have been pretty good. He’s player oriented, he’s young and he’s made himself available to every podcast. He’s just a bit of a sh*t poster on Twitter.