Calling all Buffalo Bills fans into this one thread: Let's talk Buffalo football.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

C232807A-7514-46A3-9484-96042DDED407.gif

https://youtu.be/jUNPVhPMefY

That Dallas Cowboys Offense with Aikman, Irvin and especially #22 Emmitt Smith behind that O-Line was ? 

52-17 type of fire. 

image.png.da51dc188fdad898dbe88b95ce0633b7.png

Those guys were the K.C Chiefs before the K.C Chiefs. The most explosive Offense and the most exciting offensive attack that I've ever witnessed (better than the greatest show on turf imo). 

(maybe I was just a kid and my imagination was big but I was in awe over those Dallas Cowboys offenses).

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I hope that’s not what this is honestly. I literally talk to him about not calling out other posters. Does it still count if he calls out an entire fan base? Is this better than him calling out our fans? Yet, that @defensedoesntgetyoulaid screen name made my fat ass LOL for real this morning. Kinda rethinking a good portion of my life now. 

I once said “Jets fans are stupid” and was told by Max it was off limits calling out the fanbase. So… send him to the gallows!!!!

(I’m kidding.)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’ve said this for a few years dating back to Josh’s second season: I love watching him play, and I have no problem with it. The bills have never been a rival for us nor have they ever prevented us from greatness. 

I don't know about that man. Throughout the late 80's and into the mid 90's as a kid I remember them roaming our AFC East Division kind of like Bill/Brady/N.E did. They always gave us two loses per season thanks to Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reid and Bruce Smith. Maybe without the Bills begining in the late 80's and destroying the East up until the mid 90's all 3 of NYJ/MIA/NE would've had a chance?

Week 17. 2015. Jets vs. Bills; they prevented us from potential greatness. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Man I respect that dude so much. Look @ his join date. 2011. 10 years ago. 2,000+ posts. He doesn't need no recent 2020 playoff win in order to boast about his team. And despite the Raiders losing miserably year after year? He comes back fired up every offseason and I RESPECT him for that. He's a homer deep down inside (like myself and others) and always dreams big. I like Raider he's a good guy and a passionate Raiders fan.

If his Raiders ever finally win a playoff game for the first time since 2002? He's going to deserve every second of bragging rights and celebrations here on JN. He's earned that right now 10 years later. I'll have his Raiders back when it finally happened too. Class act imo.

Sport Mma GIF by UFC

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, peebag said:

Someone needs to resurrect the picture of DWC in the Dolphags jersey that his grandma gave him.

I'll never apologize for that Dolphins jersey. My family we all moved from Queens to FL in 1998/1999 and my grandma got me a Dolphins jersey as a welcome to Florida she had no idea about the "rivalry" between NYJ/MIA because as my Grandpa would be watching his Jets games on Sundays I always remember her going to church with her sisters and my mom. She was the opposite of a sports fan and probably hated sports because the Jets/Mets/Knicks always disappointed my Grandpa outside of a couple of winning seasons lol but yeah she passed away 2 years later in 2000 (my other Grandma went 1995 two day before the Chargers/49ers SB the only SB throughout my childhood I never watched).

I dislike the Miami "team" but I LOVE my Dolphins jersey because it's a memory that I have of her she was so happy to surprise me with it because her lifelong dream was to leave NY to see Florida (and that she did but not for too long ?) and yes. I still sport that jersey still to this day on her birthday. I will never apologize for being a Jets fan with a Dolphins jersey because I'm sorry (actually, not sorry) because I love my grandma more than the Jets.

So you can keep reminding me of my Dolphins jersey and keep mentioning my grandma's name in order to make me think about her and miss her even more but I'll never be ashamed of it because I'm a proud Jets fan but even more proud of her and the ways she hugged me I always knew she loved me. 

Thinking about my grandpa. As he got older? His heart ess getting bad. In Queens he could no longer watch Jets games. It was too stressful because he was 10x more hyped up than "DWC". So as a kid? During the games? I'd write down every single play from 2nd and 7 Murrell with a 3 yard gain, from 3rd and 2 Neil O'Donnell to Keyshawn Johnson etc and afterwards the first thing I'd tell him was "Pops the Jets won or the Jets lost" and then I'd read to him the play by play I created for him because it made me sad knowing the man who introduced me and my older brother to Jets football could no longer watch his games because his heart. And back then? A kid who fell in love with stats was born so in 2009 when everyone began to nickname me "STATS" I accepted it as an honor. 

Keep mentioning my Dolphins jersey and my Grandma as a way to shame me and I'll just continue to keep rocking that Jersey every August 7th (my favorite #) because I love my grandma (my mom's mom) more than any "Football Rivalry". You expect me to burn it into flames like Cleveland burnt Lebron's jersey? Nope. Not happening.

• Upvote 1

Bills are good, it looks like their QB worked out where as ours is in Carolina.  They smartly  actually went out and got their Qb a true #1 wr before he was shot in Diggs.   But now we shall see how they do with actual expectations. 

They smartly picked 3 olineman in the draft (Douglas foolishly only picked one).  Did not love their 1st two picks however.

They should win the division but now the pressure is on to do just that.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I hope we can all keep our wry sense of humor during this thread and others.  

Oh, and DWC is FAR from the worst thing that has ever happened to this message board.  (JMHO of course) :)  

Thnx LIJetsFan. It's been fun throughout the previous two drafts all of us getting together in our JN Zoom Meetings. And already looking forward to 2022's Zoom Draft because with two 1sts and two 2nds we're going to be going apesh*t and I just hope I don't go to THE CORNER STORE AGAIN during the draft ?

PS: I hope you don't live in Brentwood Long Island. My Aunt and cousins moved from S. Ozone Park to Brentwood a couple years ago and in less than a couple months they left Brentwood and returned to South Ozone. It's literally a war zone over there they were telling me. 

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I I will never apologize for being a Jets fan with a Dolphins jersey because I'm sorry (actually, not sorry) because I love my grandma more than the Jets.

Oh man. I'd hate to read your posts at the Grandmanation.com forum.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That is just such a spectacularly dirty and uncalled for play.  It's just amazing seeing it.

I remember that play. That was payback. Like a baseball pitcher hitting a batter in retaliation. #27 took a cheap shot @ Brady earlier in the game. And Gronk wanted his revenge.

(I'm jk. None of that really happened, but it sounded good lol

Josh Allen had a mediocre game vs KC in the playoffs. Very inaccurate. Wasn't good at all (from start to finish). 

28/48 (only 58.3%). 

287 passing yards (only 5.9 yards per pass attempt, which is awful). 

2 TD's/1 INT (not going to get the job done vs. an elite QB).

Sacked 4x (needs to learn to throw the ball away).

QB Rating of only 80.8 (not good).

• And 1 of his meaningless TDs came in absolute garbage time too. Down 38-15 (getting destroyed by 23 points) by the time he finally threw another TD pass (with only 4 minutes remaining). He STUNK. 

And having to play on the road with rabid K.C fans in attendance (again) 100% caused him distractions. Because unlike 2020's Covid tainted regular season with no fans selling out  stadiums while on the road Josh Allen was able to enjoy perfect communication on silent counts amongst his RB's/WR's and especially his O-linemen. There's a reason why as Football fans we remain silent on offense (to help our QB) but go wild on Defense especially on 3rd downs (to distract the opposing QB). 

Josh Allen is struggle this year and because of it his Buffalo Bills are going to fall off a 2021 cliff this year. You can quote me on it too. 

Some of our fan base can crown Josh Allen as the next "Tom Brady" but I won't. He played like absolute dog crap during the 2nd half during his wildcard loss to Houston of 2019 (awful) and then just played mediocre football as a Quarterback during the playoffs last year vs KC; while getting destroyed 38-15 with only 4 minutes remaining. 

Good regular season QB (2020) awful postseason QB (thus far).

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I do believe our AFC East is wide open and just like we competed in 2009 with a Rookie HC and Rookie QB Rex/Sanchez I believe we're going to compete in 2021 with a rookie HC and Rookie QB Saleh/Wilson. 

I also believe like 2009 our run game is going to dominate because imo all 3 of Becton/Vera-Tucker/Moses have Ferguson/Mangold/Woody type of potential on our O-Line. 

And I also believe with Saleh/Lawson/QW/Mosley/Maye/Nasirildeen that our 2021 Defense is going to become top 5 and absolutely dominant. 

Heading into 2009 I was fired up. I was laughed @ by Jets fans. TGG voted me 2008 Sunshine of the year Homer Award but I ended up being right because even in 2008 I seem something special within a lot of our players. 

I get the optimism, but the 2008 team was legitimately good until they collapsed down the stretch (with Favre playing worse and worse with his injury). That team was 8-3 after 11 games, including blow out win over the previously unbeaten Titans in Tennessee. Meanwhile, last years Jet team was among the worst in the history of the sport over the first 13 weeks. 

We have some really nice young potential, but it's still only potential right now. 

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't know about that man. Throughout the late 80's and into the mid 90's as a kid I remember them roaming our AFC East Division kind of like Bill/Brady/N.E did. They always gave us two loses per season thanks to Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reid and Bruce Smith. Maybe without the Bills begining in the late 80's and destroying the East up until the mid 90's all 3 of NYJ/MIA/NE would've had a chance?

Week 17. 2015. Jets vs. Bills; they prevented us from potential greatness. 

The Bills have never won a SB and they've never prevented us from greatness. Their fans also seem like awesome fans. I have no ill feelings towards them.

A 7-8 team with nothing to play for beating a 10 win team with the playoffs on the line does not scream "potential greatness". 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Can someone please laugh at DWC's posts, I'm starting to feel for him and fear what he might do next

XSBoVu.gif

Weren't you attempting to call me out as a "new Jets fan from 36 months ago" until I proved you wrong? 

How come you can't provide any links or a screen shot of any posts that you've made on your Buffalo Bills forum? Is it because you don't have any? Just became a fairweather bandwagon fan 2021 of less than 12 months ago? 

I don't like how as a new poster you questioned my "fandom" until I quoted myself with a screen shot of 11 years ago but yet you can not do the same? bandwagon/fairweather fan or something? 

53 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I get the optimism, but the 2008 team was legitimately good until they collapsed down the stretch (with Favre playing worse and worse with his injury). That team was 8-3 after 11 games, including blow out win over the previously unbeaten Titans in Tennessee. Meanwhile, last years Jet team was among the worst in the history of the sport over the first 13 weeks. 

We have some really nice young potential, but it's still only potential right now. 

Who were your top favorite 20 players heading into 2009? 

Pound for pound I believe our current team heading into 2021 can match that 2009 talent (9-7). 

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The Bills have never won a SB and they've never prevented us from greatness. Their fans also seem like awesome fans. I have no ill feelings towards them.

A 7-8 team with nothing to play for beating a 10 win team with the playoffs on the line does not scream "potential greatness". 

You just never know what could've happened if that 2015 team @ 10-6 could've made it into the playoffs @ 11-5 overall. 

Remember our 2009 Jets team? We snuck in through the back door and made the playoffs @ 9-7. And that was due to Indianapolis resting all of their starters including Peyton Manning during our week 16 game (we were only 7-7 heading into Indy). 

That (extremely lucky to be) 9-7 Jets team makes the playoffs with a Rookie QB and makes it to the AFC Championship Game but yet you don't believe an 11-5 2015 Jets team behind an awesome Defense couldn't have pulled off something magical? 

We'll have to agree to disagree because our 2015 Jets team was loaded with talent everywhere but unfortunately Fitzpatrick wet the bed week 17 and prevented 11-5.

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You just never know what could've happened if that 2015 team @ 10-6 could've made it into the playoffs @ 11-5 overall. 

Remember our 2009 Jets team? We snuck in through the back door and made the playoffs @ 9-7. And that was due to Indianapolis resting all of their starters including Peyton Manning during our week 16 game (we were only 7-7 heading into Indy). 

That (extremely lucky to be) 9-7 Jets team makes the playoffs with a Rookie QB and makes it to the AFC Championship Game but yet you don't believe an 11-5 2015 Jets team behind an awesome Defense couldn't have pulled off something magical? 

We'll have to agree to disagree because our 2015 Jets team was loaded with talent everywhere but unfortunately Fitzpatrick wet the bed week 17 and prevented 11-5.

Confusciape say, only what is, not what woulda coulda shoulda 

Hi there.

Clearly, my username and avatar point out that I'm a Bills fan. Duh.

My join date was August, 2019, prior to Allen being worth a damn.

I joined because I thought it would be fun and interesting to track the side-by-side development of Josh Allen and Sam Darnold. I really liked Darnold coming out, I had read that he and Allen were great friends, and I assumed they'd be facing off for AFC East supremacy for the next decade+.

I don't come here to gloat or troll or extoll the virtues of the mighty Buffalo Bills. My team hasn't won a championship since 1965 and, prior to last year, was an NFL afterthought for two plus decades. I had season tickets for a decade, during which the team sucked the entire time and never had a winning season. Some "highlight" games that I attended include:

1.) The Dallas vs Buffalo 2007 Monday Night Football game, in which EVERYTHING went right for the Bills, they picked Tony Romo off 4,000 times, and they STILL snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in epic Bills-like fashion.

2.) The Bills vs Pats Sunday Night Football game in which the Pats beat the Bills 56-10 behind FOUR first half touchdown catches (!) from Randy Moss.

3.) A 6-3 loss to the Browns in which Derek Anderson completed 2 of 17 passes and the Browns still won.

So yeah. It's been sh*tty being a Bills fan ever since I was about 9 years old. It's FINALLY fun. For the record, I think it's ******* criminal what Adam Gase and the Jets did to Darnold. Had they supported him the way they should have, he might have actually had a chance to show whether he was worth a damn, and the Wilson pick might not have been necessary.

Again: I come in peace, not to troll. This is one of the better opposing teams' message boards I've ever come across and I enjoy reading it semi regularly. 

That's all I got. Have at it. 

• Upvote 1