Seahawks are “exasperated” with Jamal Adams

Facts

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

DWC ultimately has a good heart, but you literally just described him to a T - minus the goyard bag.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Fact.  And at least DWC doesnt call himself The Prez.

Agreed.

And no matter how much anyone likes him as a player or liked having him on the team, seriously who does that?

A star player in HS (I'm guessing, but a safe guess); then a decorated college career; then being a #6 draft pick despite playing a 3rd tier position; then going to multiple probowls and getting multiple all-pro votes; and he's still so insecure he hasn't discontinued referring to himself as The Prez.

Even if there's actually any truth that someone jokingly or affectionately called him that, you don't refer to yourself that way. 

Someone's definitely fighting through some childhood issues, and money aside, it appears he's losing that fight. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This was the piece in that chat that caught my eye - because I forgot about the rules: "... (Seattle) can only tag one player, so using it on Adams takes away an important leverage tool in negotiations with other valuable players, like Metcalf or some other young player that has a huge breakout year (Brooks, Green, Collier?), that we want to resign. This stalemate with Adams could have implications up and down the roster. It could destroy the team."

In that sense, Adams has leverage because if he occupies the tag designation, they can't use it or threaten to use it elsewhere. Their whole cap management process could spiral out of control, and they already have little wiggle room. 

It makes me wonder about how - leaguewide - the franchise tag(s) have been used, and whether they helped or hurt teams or players in terms of cap management and future salaries, respectively.

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@Jetsfan80

I'm still waiting for you to provide links and quotes and articles of Jamal Adams teammates speaking bad about him. 

You said his teammates don't like him but can you prove it or are you just trashing the guy for the sake of trashing him?

because I can post hundreds of pictures on and off the field of teammates having fun around him and now that I've got a Twitter I can also post interactions of him with his teammates (online).

Unless you can show me teammates trashing him (like you're doing) imo you're just talking trash. ?️

Aren't you? 

You’re going to make history. You’re going to be the very first poster on message boards history to get banned from JN for what you actually tweet. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Bleacher Report: You're calling yourself "The President" on social media. What's the impetus for that? 

Jamal Adams: "The President" came from college. A couple of my teammates, my friends, came up to me one day and were like, "What's up, Prez?" So I just came up with it.

B/R: You need to let people know who's in charge?

Adams: Yeah, for sure. Definitely. In charge. The head honcho. The guy who's going to do the right thing.

So, he like, didnt come up with it.  His teammates did.  What a weird ******* dude.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

So, he like, didnt come up with it.  His teammates did.  What a weird ******* dude.

I mean, if someone called you “Chief” one time, and you kept it as a real thing, that’s on you.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Odds they referred to him as that sarcastically?

Yes.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, if someone called you “Chief” one time, and you kept it as a real thing, that’s on you.

Yes.

You idiots had to call me Ape for about a decade before I ever once referred to myself as Ape.

Now, when Ape talk in 3rd person, it shtick!

• Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

It's gold Jerry, gold!

https://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=173977#p2555227

Florio is fairly reliable so this is likely the case. Is this the right decision for Seattle yes. No reason to overspend on Safety especially one with his injury history and coverage issues. I would not be surprised if Adams does in fact sign but he's going to find a very cold fan base if he decides to hold out into the regular season. They have a certain LT that is far more important to this team at a far more important position that they have to extend.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. Russell Wilson, the Seattle Seahawks star QB and Franchise leader wants Jamal Adams a Seattle teammate and big time too.

"Wilson, on multiple occasions, has offered to restructure his deal in order to accommodate Jamal’s demands of a larger guaranteed amount". 

@Sperm Edwardsg

But let's not let facts get in the way (all because you don't like the guy). 

i have no issues with Jamal.  Thought he was a good player.  would have loved to sign him to a reasonable contract.  happy he was traded.

restructuring a contract is just technical stuff.  he's not giving up a penny.

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re calling me and several others narcissists. I posted a popcorn gif. Now you’re accusing me of psychological analysis of you?

I saw people arguing. I posted a popcorn gif. It’s the internet. 

You need to take a deep breathe, buddy. I’m not coming at you the way you seem to think I am.

Last word is mine again!

I do ❤️ You though and after a solid nights sleep I am sorry for my behavior. Time for my breathing exercises!  

7 hours ago, JiFapono said:

You're still going?  I honestly thought at some point in this charade you realized that this article doesnt support your position, at all and it in fact, supports my position and like, you were just doubling down in your wrongness for the lulz.  I guess not?  

Yes I am but not going as hard as yesterday.  

I did win though.  Put the point on the board.  116-1 JiF leads.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If the Jets don't win it, I admit I'm rooting for you in this endeavor. 

I would love the sight of perfect humiliation. I'm pretty confident @Jetsfan80 can handle it, but also know it wouldn't be painless.

Every day it'd be like repeatedly watching a visibly bad car accident, safe in the knowledge nobody actually got hurt. We'll all be rubbernecking. If you get banned again, we'll still make sure he makes good on it. :rl: 

I never Welch on bets.  Just remind me guys.  And if I win I’ll forget that part too.  I have DWC on ignore and only ever engage if I happen to see another poster quote him and I get irked. 

• Haha 2