Trevor “Generational” Lawrence on ESPN tonight

Salehery

5 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

despite his mediocre stats he's showing good footwork, pocket awareness, no happy feet making dumb decisions...i think he's gonna be a good QB in this league

Sort of agree. He's young and needs time. He did throw the ball into what seemed like triple coverage. The defender almost came away with INT on that play down the left sideline. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

This is what I never understood 9 months ago…

Lawrence should avoid the Jets but embrace the Jaguars?

Lawrence is easily one of the best QB prospects in recent memory, but I could also easily see Jets fans 5 years from now and onward praising Braden Mann as a folk hero for singlehandedly dropping us into Wilson territory. Especially if he’s still our punter 5+ years down the road.

19 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Thank you Braden Mann ?

Lol

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

I doubt you’d be this charitable with Wilson. You were about ready to give up on him after some picks in a scrimmage.

Maybe not. Lawrence looks pretty composed with a good defense blitzing every play and no running game. Zach seeing this type of pressure/blitz packages is going to happen eventually to him too.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

run - run - pass for 7 yards when you need 10.

It, literally, looks like the 09-11 Jets.  If I didn’t know Schotty was their passing game coordinator I’d assume he was the full blown OC.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe not. Lawrence looks pretty composed with a good defense blitzing every play and no running game. Zach seeing this type of pressure/blitz packages is going to happen eventually to him too.

He's got a QB Rating of 64.6 so far and he's looked atrocious tonight.  

Zach Wilson = 6th highest QB Rating of All-Time 2020 and he's now showing why he should've went #1 overall. 

Preseason or not Trevor Lawrence looks really bad while no longer being surrounded by elite CLEMSON talent. 

I dreamed of Trevor Lawrence 2020 and being wrong never felt so good.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

It, literally, looks like the 09-11 Jets.  If I didn’t know Schotty was their passing game coordinator I’d assume he was the full blown OC.

Hey we’re hiring a college HC who has no idea what an NFL playbook looks like.  Let’s hire the league’s worst OC who somehow keeps getting jobs because of his last name to help him

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Zach played well on Saturday. He hardly saw any blitzes though. They are blitzing Lawrence every down. He looks like the number 1 guy still. One bad throw.

No he doesn't. Fields, Jones, and Wilson have all looked better then Lawrence has. You're just going off draft hype and rolling out the excuses for Lawrence. Don't fall for the media hype, Lawrence wasn't a generational prospect. Zach Wilson was a better prospect then he was. Better release, better arm, better accuracy, etc. Wilson should've went #1.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 4

1 minute ago, artemusclyde said:

No he doesn't. Fields, Jones, and Wilson have all looked better then Lawrence has. You're just going off draft hype and rolling out the excuses for Lawrence. Don't fall for the media hype, Lawrence wasn't a generational prospect. Zach Wilson was a better prospect then he was. Better release, better arm, better accuracy, etc. Wilson should've went #1.

I think everyone is really underselling the type of pressure the Saints were bringing tonight. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Saints backups have been in for a while. His best series was not against starters and he still should have been picked.

Wilson has been pressure and has responded well. Of course his tough moments will come. I was a huge Lawrence fan but he’s looked average at best to this point.

• Upvote 3