An unlikely WISH LIST based on CUTS

Paradis

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Just some names i would like to wish upon a star for us to give a look.

Offense:

• WR Isiah Hodgins - probably the one WR i would lobby for extensively (BUF)
  • TE MyCole Pruitt - better than all of our TEs (TEN/SF)
  • TE Zach Davidson - dont' need to elaborate (MIN)
  • RB Nate McCrary - i'll die on this hill (BAL)
  • FB Ben Mason - how do we not replace Wesco with Mason? (BAL)
  • OG Jordan Simmons (SEA)
  • ST/KR Joe Reed (LAC)
  • Kenny Yeboah - seems like a no brainer (DWC)

Defense:

• CB Dontae Johnson (SF)
  • DE Everson Griffen (MIN)
  • CB Jimmy Moreland (WSH)

Sign,

Tight End King

Davidson and Hodgins for sure. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Offense:

• ST/KR Joe Reed (LAC)

Defense:

• CB Dontae Johnson (SF)

Sign,

Tight End King

nice list.  I like hodgins and simmons alot.  I also knew youd be all over the McCrary cut. 

I think davidson actually has a chance at a pick up here, I know the jets liked him so maybe a developmental TE on the PS? 

I have soft spot in my heart for sage surratt as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Offense:

• ST/KR Joe Reed (LAC)

Defense:

• CB Dontae Johnson (SF)

Sign,

Tight End King

What's the rule on waivers? You claim them then they automatically get a spot on the 53?

26 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

What's the rule on waivers? You claim them then they automatically get a spot on the 53?

No. You claim them, you have to cut someone to keep them. You can choose not to keep them (for example, if you put in claims on multiple TEs (in case teams in front of you pick the ones you want the most), and get multiple, you don't have to keep them all)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We should claim him and then say to the vikings....hey you know that 6th rounder we gave you in the herndon deal?  Give it back!

Guys that have five or more years are pn’t subjected to waiver wire rules.  They become unrestricted Fa’s . Can sign with anyone.  Why the Vikings cut him to put some player on Ir.

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Offense:

• ST/KR Joe Reed (LAC)

Defense:

• CB Dontae Johnson (SF)

Sign,

Tight End King

I’m sure JD is looking hard at the cut list for TE, G, CB, S and FB

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When do we find out if we made waiver claims?

MINI DRAFT!!!

I’m pretty sure it’s a 24 hr process.  I would imagine the technical waiver period started at 4 yesterday when the cuts were due…so we’re probably looking at 4 or later today. 

• Sympathy 2

I’ve read a few places that waivers run at noon today, teams are then awarded players sometime 1-4pm, then teams can start adding practice squad players around 430 (provided they were waived yesterday and not today).  Don’t quote me on this though as I’ve seen some conflicting times.

We’re all used to how fantasy football waivers work, but how does a real team submit a claim?  Do the Jets submit a list of players to claim and as long as Jax doesn’t claim anyone on our list are they awarded to us?  Or do teams need to assign priority to claims so the whole league gets a shot at players?  I’m probably overthinking this….

8 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I’ve read a few places that waivers run at noon today, teams are then awarded players sometime 1-4pm, then teams can start adding practice squad players around 430 (provided they were waived yesterday and not today).  Don’t quote me on this though as I’ve seen some conflicting times.

We’re all used to how fantasy football waivers work, but how does a real team submit a claim?  Do the Jets submit a list of players to claim and as long as Jax doesn’t claim anyone on our list are they awarded to us?  Or do teams need to assign priority to claims so the whole league gets a shot at players?  I’m probably overthinking this….

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1433044270114553857?s=20

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob Moore said:

I believe that teams have until 4:00 to put in a waiver claim.  Like the 4:00 cutdown time yesterday, it is a hard deadline for NFL teams.  But the NFL drips the information out slowly.  We can expect the same thing to happen today.  While all team business will be done by 4:00, it will still be a few hours before we hear about it. 

Trades are a completely different story.  All of us expect a big trade sometime today.  AVT missed the entire preseason and Feeney under-performed.   If AVT has a setback, then Feeney and GVR are the starters.  That is not going to cut it folks.  We need to acquire a veteran lineman and we are going to have to pay.  It is the price of the McDermott injury. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

I believe that teams have until 4:00 to put in a waiver claim.  Like the 4:00 cutdown time yesterday, it is a hard deadline for NFL teams.  But the NFL drips the information out slowly.  We can expect the same thing to happen today.  While all team business will be done by 4:00, it will still be a few hours before we hear about it. 

Trades are a completely different story.  All of us expect a big trade sometime today.  AVT missed the entire preseason and Feeney under-performed.   If AVT has a setback, then Feeney and GVR are the starters.  That is not going to cut it folks.  We need to acquire a veteran lineman and we are going to have to pay.  It is the price of the McDermott injury. 

I’m pretty sure claims need to submitted by noon today.  Teams will start being notified at 1pm of the players they have been awarded.  Then corresponding moves will be made to accommodate those roster spots.  After that any player that cleared waivers can be signed to the practice squad.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m pretty sure claims need to submitted by noon today.  Teams will start being notified at 1pm of the players they have been awarded.  Then corresponding moves will be made to accommodate those roster spots.  After that any player that cleared waivers can be signed to the practice squad.  

So, we could conceivably adjust our 53 with waiver claims and fill out the PS all by dinner time?

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Offense:

• ST/KR Joe Reed (LAC)

Defense:

• CB Dontae Johnson (SF)

Sign,

Tight End King

Add AGG for me.