**** OFFICIAL GAMEDAY JETS vs PATS... F THE BELICHEATING WEAK A$$ PATS ****

Stark

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

What are you talking about?  The offensive line was fine today.  

If you're going to make an excuse for Wilson at least make a legitimate one.

I'm giving Wilson the benefit of the doubt...

The OL was better than last week but I don't think that he had a no one touched me game as the result of the OL!

But alas it was a bad game by Wilson no way around it!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What are you talking about?  The offensive line was fine today.  

If you're going to make an excuse for Wilson at least make a legitimate one.

It was better but not great. Still arent giving him time to look over the field properly.  He just needs to chill out and stop playing hero and throw the ball away.  Thats coachable. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah ok. They lost to Carolina by 5 and then Carolina beats The Saints 26-7. The 4 INT's hurt but it's not like they were dominated today.  Last year's team was way worse. Do you not understand what they are doing? It's also not about this year. It doesn't matter what has happened before. They are playing like 12 rookies, some of whom looked very good today. Like I said talk to me in 2 years. We will see who is laughing. 

Entirely possible Bellicheat played to scorebard. No need to push the issue when the Jets' offense was a noncombatant, and their front 7 beat up your rookie QB. Andf Jones played well enough for the 2nd week in a row. 

Jets are either askinG Wilson to do it all, or at least asking a  rookie to do too much. 

Worry to me today is what it was on draft day; did JD take Wilson over trading down for Jones and more picks because he is at heart a scout rather than a GM? A GM doens't overthink it. A scout likes a story, likes to think he's made a find, that he's the smartest guy in the room. And he would rather do that than pick chalk, guys from big prgrams like Jones and Harris. Understand; if you go to Bama, you have been competing not only in games but  in summer showcase camps since high school with the best of the best. Zac  Wilson has never seen this kind of talent across the line. He's seen a bunch of giuys who may be went to a Pac10 school, but really he has never seen this kind of talent against him. Mac Jones has seen it for at least 6 years in one form or another. And he hasn't blinked. Now perhaps his upside isn't off the charts, but he's a smart kid who is gonna get it,  and also get what he cannot do. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bugg said:

Entirely possible Bellicheat played to scorebard. No need to push the issue when the Jets' offense was a noncombatant, and thier front 7 beat up your rokkie QB. 

Worry to me today is what it was on draft day; did JD take Wilson over trading down for Jones and more picks because he is at heart a scout rather than a GM? A GM doens't overthink it. A scout likes a story, likes to think he's made a find, that he's the smartest guy in the room. And he would rather do that than pick chalk, guys from big prgrams like Jones and Harris. Understand; if you go to Bama, you have been competing not only in games but  in summer camps since highs choolw ith the best of the best. Zac  Wilson has never seen this kind of talent across the line. He's seen a bunch of giuys who may be went to a Pac10 school, but really he has never seen this kind of talent against him. Mac Jones has seen it for at least 6 years in one form or another. And he hasn't blinked. Now perhaps his upside isn't off the charts, but he's a smart kid who is gonna get it,  and also get what he cannot do. 

None of this matters.  He threw a few picks today because he forced it to davis when the guy was covered.  He’s got to take what’s there.  Hopefully he learned it today.  Wilson is fine athletically and is not overwhelmed by the talent on the field.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And somehow judging the rookie QB and the team after two weeks, two games as underdogs is stupid 

Of course someone stupid will neg rep this simple concept. I can bet on who right now.  The Gooch II

Oh look here's Jet Nut to show up and lecture us about why everything is fine again

Naked Gun Movie GIF

• WTF? 1

In the likely event we end up in a top 3 pick, there's no good reason not to take another QB next year. 

I don't know if I agree, but I also don;t know if I feel strongly enough yet one way or the other to disagree, for what it's worth.  Maybe?

But you're right that we won't do that, because Jets.  Wilson will be the QB in 2022.  

I don't think it's just us, most NFL teams don't sell on the 2nd pick in the draft after one season, historically.  

It's a big investment to just toss aside after one year.  Especially for yet another experiment with no sure superior outcome.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

None of this matters.  He threw a few picks today because he forced it to davis when the guy was covered.  He’s got to take what’s there.  Hopefully he learned it today.  Wilson is fine athletically and is not overwhelmed by the talent on the field.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. But keep missing on high round draft picks and GMs and coaches lose those jobs. 

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I'm giving Wilson the benefit of the doubt...

The OL was better than last week but I don't think that he had a no one touched me game as the result of the OL!

But alas it was a bad game by Wilson no way around it!

He struggled with both the best secondary and coach he will face all year.  
One thing I like through the shlt show it produced today is the kid doesn’t mope like a sack of shlt after his mistakes, he just stays in there and keeps firing away looking no different than he did with his first throw

• Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh look here's Jet Nut to show up and lecture us about why everything is fine again

Naked Gun Movie GIF

I don’t need to lecture anyone but you that it was one game.  
And whats the definition is of “all is fine”?  Since I didn’t say that.  I said it’s pretty stupid to think you can make hard predictions on a players off of his second game, one game.  I still say it.  Argue it all you want against it

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. But keep missing on high round draft picks and GMs and coaches lose those jobs. 

The frustrating thing is that most other guys played well today and lots of rookies.  It was all clicking and the jets had a good chance to win if wilson just didn’t keep throwing picks.  Definitely seemed the first 2 picks were forcing it to davis.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Entirely possible Bellicheat played to scorebard. No need to push the issue when the Jets' offense was a noncombatant, and their front 7 beat up your rookie QB. Andf Jones played well enough for the 2nd week in a row. 

Jets are either askinG Wilson to do it all, or at least asking a  rookie to do too much. 

Worry to me today is what it was on draft day; did JD take Wilson over trading down for Jones and more picks because he is at heart a scout rather than a GM? A GM doens't overthink it. A scout likes a story, likes to think he's made a find, that he's the smartest guy in the room. And he would rather do that than pick chalk, guys from big prgrams like Jones and Harris. Understand; if you go to Bama, you have been competing not only in games but  in summer showcase camps since high school with the best of the best. Zac  Wilson has never seen this kind of talent across the line. He's seen a bunch of giuys who may be went to a Pac10 school, but really he has never seen this kind of talent against him. Mac Jones has seen it for at least 6 years in one form or another. And he hasn't blinked. Now perhaps his upside isn't off the charts, but he's a smart kid who is gonna get it,  and also get what he cannot do. 

Exactly. Which is why LaFleur really needs to rethink how they handle Wilson.  He's just not ready yet. In fact, sign Cam Newton or some other vet and sit Wilson. He is just not ready.  If they allow him to be Daryle Lamonica lite, he is going to get hurt.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Maynard13 said:

Exactly. Which is why LaFleur really needs to retink how tehy handle Wilson.  He's just not ready yet. In fact, sign Cam Newton or some other vet and sit Wilson. He is just not ready.  If they allow him to be Daryle Lamonica lite, he is going to get hurt.

Would be very surprised if they don't bring in Josh Rosen or Newton this week for a look see. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Maybe and I might just be spitballing here, but maybe there’s a reason Bill Belichick has a lopsided record against rookie QBs. Also maybe, playing well against Bill Belichick defenses as a rookie as no correlation with success (Sanchez and Geno won as rookies). Go and make proclamations all week long, you’ll still be making them with little evidence and false conclusions.

Yes, Belichick does great against rookie QB's.  I acknowledged that long before this game took place and its why I didn't think we win.  I baked that into the equation.  But no, that doesn't explain/excuse ALL of the god awful decision making Wilson just made today, in a home opener.  It doesn't excuse Wilson for playing completely non-competitive football and sh*tting himself on the field.

But sure, yeah, he'll be fine and blah blah.  Haven't heard this sh*t  before.  

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Correct. This is why this is ALL on Lafleur. You gameplan with simple passes, stress the run, try and cut down on mistakes. They're letting Zach do whatever he wants like he's Aaron Rodgers. He isnt. Rodgers sat for 3 years and it took him another 2 to blossom.  You cant speed up the process.

ALL of it is on Lafleur?  Really?

How many offensive coordinators are Jets fans going to try to scapegoat in their lifetimes?  12?  15?  20?

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, Belichick does great against rookie QB's.  I acknowledged that long before this game took place and its why I didn't think we win.  I baked that into the equation.  But no, that doesn't explain/excuse ALL of the god awful decision making Wilson just made today, in a home opener.  It doesn't excuse Wilson for playing completely non-competitive football and sh*tting himself on the field.

But sure, yeah, he'll be fine and blah blah.  Haven't heard this sh*t  before.  

He might not be fine. You won’t know that from today especially when all the evidence over so many years has shown that… rookie QBs struggle against Bill Belichick game plans. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

So to be clear being a consensus top prospect doesn’t count for anything. Having a good debut means nothing. 1 bad game in the second game of his career… that’s everything. 

Completing 54 % of your throws for 7.0 YPA, with 2 TD's, 1 INT, and 1 Fumble, qualifies for a "good debut" now?   

31 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You have to be somewhat realistic here. Wilson really didnt play against elite defenses in college. While that is a cause for concern, you take into account the skillset he has and build off that. At this point, we know he is a project and not the second coming of Aaron Rodgers right off the bat.  He will need to be coached up with patience and instruction.  He's a young kid and has a sub par OL.  This is not unfixable and they are not just going to toss him aside after a year or two.

Neither did Josh Rosen.  Pac-12 defenses are notoriously bad.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Neither did Josh Rosen.  Pac-12 defenses are notoriously bad.  

Zach is no Josh Wilson. Its fairly evident Zach will go through somebig growing pains. But its ecxiting to see some of those throws he's able to make.  Its going to take time for him to develop so lets give time just that, time.

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In his 2nd game, Justin Herbert completed 35 of 49 passes for 330 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

In his 3rd game, against the eventual SB-winning Bucs, he completed 20 of 25 for 290 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT.

F**k your excuses.

Yeah but in his 11th game he face Belechick and went for 49% and 2 INT and 3 sacks. Soooo…see, Bill does dismantle rookie QBs. There hope. We’re all good. 

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Me too.  My only real connection to the Jets is here on JN posting with the rest of you losers.  That's the only reason I stay connected to this franchise.  That and hating them.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In his 2nd game, Justin Herbert completed 35 of 49 passes for 330 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

In his 3rd game, against the eventual SB-winning Bucs, he completed 20 of 25 for 290 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT.

F**k your excuses.

So let’s pick the greatest rookie in the history of the game to try and make some point.  Brady, Elway, Manning etc, didn’t play as well as Herbert in his second game.

So what’s the point other than just regurgitating numbers that have little or no meaning as to what a QB will become

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't give two sh*ts what he has to say.  He needs to just go cry into a pillow.  

Like you’re doing?  Just keep crying in what 75 posts?  Like a broken record from someone who professes that’s he’s not a Jet fan other than to post here?  Lol

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In the likely event we end up in a top 3 pick, there's no good reason not to take another QB next year.  But you're right that we won't do that, because Jets.  Wilson will be the QB in 2022.  

Picking QB after QB doesn't make sense IMHO. Unless you are changing regimes or their is a Peyton Manning type. Or if every game for Wilson is like this I guess. Hoping not, but this was the concern that the windows would get tighter and the crazy throws turn into picks and the scrambles turn into sacks/negative plays.