What QB Threw 4 interceptions in one game 6 times in his career ??

Dunnie

Just now, Dunnie said:

Exactly... otherwise they would clearly see that the huge percentsge of all QBs that struggle early as rookies.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You're right about that but wrong that your Tom Brady "statistic" makes that point.

Not being a butthole but what is the point you were making?
The point was ... the fans are over reacting about as far as they could possibly over react based on 1.5 games of poor play.

My point was that even the best qb of all time struggled mightily at times. And there are many more examples beyond this.

This kid has undeniable talent.

To start burning flags in effigy this early is ludicrous insanity.

He MAY end up being the next Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Rusell Wilson, Patrick Maholmes, Drew Brees, Mathew Stafford, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning ...

.... We have no way of knowing yet.

Get behind Zach for the year with some support ... if he sh*ts the bed all year without improvement no one will stand in your way calling for a new QB, Coaching Staff or Front Office.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The point was ... the fans are over reacting about as far as they could possibly over react based on 1.5 games of poor play.

My point was that even the best qb of all time struggled mightily at times. And there are many more examples beyond this.

This kid has undeniable talent.

To start burning flags in effigy this early is ludicrous insanity.

He MAY end up being the next Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Rusell Wilson, Patrick Maholmes, Drew Brees, Mathew Stafford, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning ...

.... We have no way of knowing yet.

Get behind Zach for the year with some support ... if he sh*ts the bed all year without improvement no one will stand in your way calling for a new QB, Coaching Staff or Front Office.

Ah ok. I'm back to my original comment that you are right regarding Wilson.

But the fact that Brady threw a similar amount of picks in 2% of his 303 games versus Wilson's 100% in 2 has no real instructive value, predictive or otherwise.

Ah ok. I'm back to my original comment that you are right regarding Wilson.
But the fact that Brady threw a similar amount of picks in 2% of his 303 games versus Wilson's 100% in 2 is really irrelevant and has no real instructive value, predictive or otherwise.
Except that even the greatest QB of all time has performed as sh*ttily from time to time. And no one crucified him.

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Except that even the greatest QB of all time has performed as sh*ttily from time to time. And no one crucified him.

You can't really think Tom Brady not playing well in a handful of games over a 300 game career makes any point at all that is relevant to Wilson after 2 games.

16 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Wilson himself is not the worry.  Neither was Sam Darnold.  The worry is the CS.  If Wilson is guided properly, he'll work out.  If not, he'll flame out all together or wind up as a reclamation project on another team in 4 - 5 years. 

This is what worries me right now.  Not impressed at all by what I have seen from the offensive coaching staff through two games.  After Zach was 0-2 with 2 picks, where were the short, easy completions to try to get him into a rhythym.  Why was Fant starting over Moses week 1.  Handling of the WR room (Free Denzel).  Runniing into the Pats line 3 straight times when we got in a first and goal situation.  These are just a few things that come to mind.

Yes, it is two games and a young OC can make mistakes and get better.  Along with a young QB.  But the combination of rookie QB and first time OC is not looking so hot right now. 

It'll be better Sunday, right?

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is what worries me right now.  Not impressed at all by what I have seen from the offensive coaching staff through two games.  After Zach was 0-2 with 2 picks, where were the short, easy completions to try to get him into a rhythym.  Why was Fant starting over Moses week 1.  Handling of the WR room (Free Denzel).  Runniing into the Pats line 3 straight times when we got in a first and goal situation.  These are just a few things that come to mind.

Yes, it is two games and a young OC can make mistakes and get better.  Along with a young QB.  But the combination of rookie QB and first time OC is not looking so hot right now. 

It'll be better Sunday, right?

Agree fully.  Even if the QB has great passing chops and the new HC has lots of good leadership and football smarts, the are still brand new to the position.  They have to learn on the fly, so that means they should know their limitations due to inexperience and go forward accordingly. 

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We have much bigger concerns than the backup QB, but yes, we should have gone and gotten Minshew.  Absolutely no reason not to.  

But but we’re not winning a superbowl with Minshew anyway! Where are our friends who post the win/loss record of every FA backup QB?

After a game like week 2 from Wilson it’s easy to get discouraged.

Now enumerate all the obstacles all at once on this offense, to also install along with a rookie who’s never seen defenses of this caliber in coaching or personnel in his young life:

1. 1st game HC
  2. 1st game OC
  3. Untimely death of Knapp
  4. Shuffling of the OL personnel at 4 of 5 positions (Becton summer issues; Fant/Moses splitting RT snaps all summer; GVR splitting time with the other dipsh**s in his own competition; AVT missing every preseason game).
  5. WRs new to the scheme, including a rookie, plus then the injuries & drama that also compounded difficulty at the position group. Oh yeah, also a starting TE who’s 6 yr career has only involved starts due to others’ injuries (and who spent the summer splitting snaps in a starter-competition of his own).
  6. New scheme for this on & off the field OL and WR and TE personnel, which Kyle Shanahan (who coaches it well) apparently feels takes upwards of 2 years to really “get it” as a group, and with which LaFleur has little experience running/scheming for such different personnel strengths at positions integral to that offense (e.g. the 2021 Jets don’t nearly have the experienced, cornerstone all-pros at TE and FB that he was used to in SF). 

So yeah, under all those circumstances it may have been better for someone - anyone - with some starting experience to take the first month or so until some rhythm was established. I’m definitely not of the opinion that all QBs need to sit, nor even that Wilson needed to sit no matter who drafted him. But the situation the Jets put Wilson in is not at all the same as a rookie coming in to an established offense, in terms of both the coaching and the personnel around the QB.

Wilson’s issues seem fixable (e.g. he’s not destined to keep throwing off his back foot for the rest of his career), but it’s challenging enough to come from facing mostly nothing-defenses, which can reinforce some of those bad habits. This many extras, on top of that, seem unnecessary and perhaps counterproductive variables to throw at a rookie QB all at once from the start.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Peyton Manning threw six interceptions in his first two games. So far Zach has five, Trevor Lawrence has five. I think Matt Stafford had four or five as well...

6 into 2 in numerology circles is a sign of bounty.  5 into 2 is a sign of death, pestilence and da sh*t is about to hit the fan.  

15 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Peyton Manning had 3 TDS 11int 55% Completion and 52 QB rating in his 1st 4 career starts.  The jokes are easy to make.  Realizing it happens to pretty much every QB and trying to stay positive is a lot less easy.

Like Manning, Zach is starting from the get-go in year one with a bad team around him. Zach also has a first year HC and OC (not sure if Manning also had to deal with that), who may not know what the hell they are doing. Why aren't they at least running a simple offense early on, like the Pats are clearly doing with their young QB?

I really wish that Jets had picked up a vet "bridge" QB, so that he could sit and learn for at least half a season, and the Jets could see how the OL plays over some time. But they haven't, so at least simply the offense for awhile, for the sake of everyone involved.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Peyton Manning had 3 TDS 11int 55% Completion and 52 QB rating in his 1st 4 career starts.  The jokes are easy to make.  Realizing it happens to pretty much every QB and trying to stay positive is a lot less easy.

He was running the Payton Manning system.  No rookie QB has ever tried that before.  

On 9/20/2021 at 6:34 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

In case you're interested, here are other Jet QB's in history with 4+ INT game:

• Joe Namath (14x) -- included three 6-INT games
  • Dick Wood (6x) 
  • Richard Todd (4x) -- included two in the postseason
  • Mark Sanchez (3x) 
  • Sam Darnold (2x)
  • Al Dorow (2x)  
  • Chad Pennington
  • Ken O'Brien
  • Boomer Esiason
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick -- 6-INT game
  • Frank Reich
  • Matt Robinson 
  • Glenn Foley
  • Brooks Bollinger
  • Johnny Green 

Note:  Vinny Testaverde had 8 in his career (including a 6-INT game) but none with the Jets.

Quite an illustrious history we've had at QB.

I remember Vinny throwing 4 picks in the Keyshawn Johnson revenge game in Tampa 

On 9/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, munchmemory said:

Tell me how JD gets to skate leaving us with White--and Morgan before he was jettisoned--as the backup?  Minishew was there for the taking.  And cheap.  That guy steps in yesterday and we actually pull out a win.  

Although it isn’t necessarily a proven science IMO a vet like a Mcown helps with a rookie qb. Just someone ZW can ask questions the coaches may not know the answer to. 

• Upvote 1