Rex Ryan on Get Up “I’d whip Mac Jones if I was coaching”

KO91

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Please explain why the best 3 years of JETS drafts occurred under Mangini?  I can't. But it is clear that Tanny was pushed around or influenced by his HC's.  Im not a Mangini fan BUT our best drafts were under him.  Tanny sucked before him and after him.    

If Mangini was the reason he would still be in the NFL as either a HC or GM.  He can’t even get an assistant job anywhere.  Mangini sucks, 32 NFL franchises agree

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I miss Rex Ryan, he was fun. The Jets haven't really been all that fun since he left

Were the Jets fun from 2011-2014?

I seem to remember that the last Jets game I attended, in 2012, was a blowout loss at home to the 49ers.  The stadium was taken over by a whole lot of red that day.  Super fun times, guys!

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Technically, Mangini had the same record with Favre that Rex did with Mark. Rex just got lucky that it was enough wins for a wildcard when he did it. 

So really, it wasn’t any influence of Rex’s.

So the coach with Mark Sanchez instead of Bret Favre is the lucky one?!?!

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Were the Jets fun from 2011-2014?

I seem to remember that the last Jets game I attended, in 2012, was a blowout loss at home to the 49ers.  The stadium was taken over by a whole lot of red that day.  Super fun times, guys!

I was at that game. It was like a niner  home game. Jets receiver breaks his foot and hands the ball to the cb, who runs it in for a TD lol

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BP said:

I was at that game. It was like a niner  home game. Jets receiver breaks his foot and hands the ball to the cb, who runs it in for a TD lol

Losing the last 3 in 2011 was ridiculous. We were 8-5 and heading for the playoffs. REX was outcoached in all of them. Worst part, if we beat the Giants, they do NOT go to the playoffs. They won the SB. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Losing the last 3 in 2011 was ridiculous. We were 8-5 and heading for the playoffs. REX was outcoached in all of them. Worst part, if we beat the Giants, they do NOT go to the playoffs. They won the SB. 

In love Rex but he did a poor job to end that 2011 season.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Your reminder that Rex hasn’t gotten so much as an interview for a head coaching job since Terry Pegula threw his losing ass out of Buffalo.

Your reminder, Jets haven’t had as much success in any two back to back seasons in the last half a century as Rex did. Not sure who’s worse. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

i'm not surprised he tried/resorted to his old school tricks... frankly we all should have expected at least one game like that given his style of play in college... it's about learning from it now.

exactly, heres the clunker, learn from it, take the check downs. 

Honestly, best thing that could have happened after this bad performance happened.  He got to watch in prime time, his idol play and take check downs all game for an entire half until the defense started dropping safeties down and he slung it.  Rodgers put on a teaching clinic in the exact way he needed to this week for Zach. 

55 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That Saturday game against the giants wasn’t even competitive. Jets were embarrassed on national tv REx= greatest jets coach ever lol

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Fun fact: Rex Ryan and Eric Mangini produced the same exact win percentage as HC of the New York Jets.

Nice to see you posting. 

I will defend our wild Rex.  He won big games repeatedly.  It was exciting.  He fooled the league for almost two years.  Until somebody dethrones ole Rex, he is #3 all time as a Jets coach.  I know, those were 9-7 teams.   But Rex can point to big wins.  Who among us will ever forget the Shawn Ellis game against New England?  He squeezed ever drop of juice out of Sanchez.  Unlike Geno, Mark never earned backup status after leaving. 

Namath once said that as a rookie he thought Weeb was the meanest old man he had ever met.  As time went on he noted that "old Weeb kept looking smarter and smarter."   As for Walt Michaels, he had trained our horses and we were ready to make our run and we canned him . . . then dismantled the team.  Why? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

Your reminder, Jets haven’t had as much success in any two back to back seasons in the last half a century as Rex did. Not sure who’s worse. 

This franchise hasn't had a home playoff game since 2002.  Of course a few playoff wins are better than no playoffs.  

That doesn't mean you look back on Rex with whimsy.  You look back instead on all of Jets' history with disgust, and demand better.  And don't spend a dime on this franchise until it happens.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

exactly, heres the clunker, learn from it, take the check downs. 

Honestly, best thing that could have happened after this bad performance happened.  He got to watch in prime time, his idol play and take check downs all game for an entire half until the defense started dropping safeties down and he slung it.  Rodgers put on a teaching clinic in the exact way he needed to this week for Zach. 

you're not wrong in the sense that if you wanted Wilson to experience the ultimate "sting" that creates "aversion", that was the complete package.... home opener, against the division foe, lead by a QB you're supposed to better than - and you totally imploded, whilst the rest of the offense was actually starting to gel... 

if that don't inspire course correction - then we indeed in trouble lol

• Upvote 1

yes, he made 2 AFC Champ games.   he is well below 500 and did nothing, absolutely nothing to develop young players.  the team was gutted with him as a HC.   Fukk him.  

Still the best coach in our franchise history. The best And most exciting time to be a Jet fan. We had a chance to beat any team any Sunday and that was very exciting.

He wasn’t consistent enough to ever put together a 12 win season, but if you need one game Rex always has a shot

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, funaz said:

Still the best coach in our franchise history. The best And most exciting time to be a Jet fan. We had a chance to beat any team any Sunday and that was very exciting.

He wasn’t consistent enough to ever put together a 12 win season, but if you need one game Rex always has a shot

He lost so many gimme games.  he was FAR below 500.    BUT yes, for 2 years, he was fun.   Long term he caused more damage than it was worth. 

• Post of the Week 4

Rex fans: “His defense was dominant!!!”

Also Rex fans: “It’s not his fault he didn’t have 1st round draft picks at all 11 spots!!!”

Was it his brilliant scheme? Or was it the players? Because the arguments I see always net out to Rex’s failures being about bad players… which suggests the scheme was just “meh” and incapable of 1.) producing players and 2.) stopping good QBs.

Rex arguments are just as circuitous as vaccine arguments. Unsurprisingly.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Rex fans: “His defense was dominant!!!”

Also Rex fans: “It’s not his fault he didn’t have 1st round draft picks at all 11 spots!!!”

Was it his brilliant scheme? Or was it the players? Because the arguments I see always net out to Rex’s failures being about bad players… which suggests the scheme was just “meh” and incapable of 1.) producing players and 2.) stopping good QBs.

Rex arguments are just as circuitous as vaccine arguments. Unsurprisingly.

Rex was .500 or better in 4 out of 6 years here. You can't blame Jets fans for feeling like those were the "good ol days" given we haven't been competitive for 5+ years. 

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rex was .500 or better in 4 out of 6 years here. You can't blame Jets fans for feeling like those were the "good ol days" given we haven't been competitive for 5+ years. 

Enjoying the ride is a different angle than “best coach we ever had” talk. I’m attacking the latter.

19 hours ago, BP said:

It dawned on me that I was in White Plains, at a celebration party and kept going to the bar to watch the game.  Harbaugh embarrassed and outcoached REX like he was a HS coach.

It was "our" introduction to Kapernick who was brought in to do the wild cat and we couldn't stop it.

I felt Harbaugh was just fukking with REX. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

It dawned on me that I was in White Plains, at a celebration party and kept going to the bar to watch the game.  Harbaugh embarrassed and outcoached REX like he was a HS coach.

It was "our" introduction to Kapernick who was brought in to do the wild cat and we couldn't stop it.

I felt Harbaugh was just fukking with REX. 

Also, that was the era of giving Sanchez 2 downs to get a first down… because we had to use our new weapons Tebow….. because jerseys!!! Rex was a brilliant tactician. Greatest jets coach ever. Back to back afc championship losses (like that’s something to be proud of)

22 hours ago, funaz said:

so, couple things. 

The Colts don't decide to rest their starters rather than go for a perfect season, the Jets don't make the playoffs the first time under Rex.

Walt Michaels had them turned around and in the AFC championship game before getting drunk and fired. 

Weeb actually built the franchise from nothing and won a SB.

• Upvote 1