Adam Schefter says NFL was behind Gruden-gate

Bugg

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

To paraphrase my grandmother, may she Rest In Peace, “If these are the issues making headlines and generating outrage these days, we have it pretty good.”

Yeah it's a hell of a lot easier than diving under your desk twice a day in elementary school when the air raid sirens go off!

• Upvote 4

Does anybody remember when Bill parcells used to call Siuppi Malamala a pineapple? That's what he used to call the Polynesian guys, guys from Fiji or Samoa or Hawaii... Pineapples!!! Lmao!

Nobody needed therapy and nobody was offended. It was a term of endearment and acceptance. For Chritsakes they called him Tuna!

Look at his damn face! Do you really think they meant the big tuna? No they were making fun of him right to his face and talking smack. Nobody's feelings were hurt.

• Upvote 1

Handsome Lollar says he still believes Lewis is guilty in the 2000 stabbing deaths of his older brother Richard Lollar, 24, and Lollar's childhood friend Jacinth Baker, 21, in a brawl outside an Atlanta nightclub after that year's Super Bowl. Lewis and two other men were charged with murder in those deaths.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Free-agent NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown is facing three criminal charges related to an alleged assault of a delivery truck driver that occurred in January.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Brown, the superstar wide receiver who recently returned to the NFL after a slew of off-the-field troubles, was accused last month of angrily destroying a surveillance camera at the gated community in Hollywood where he lives and throwing his bicycle at a security-guard shack, according to a police report obtained by the Herald. Hollywood police determined there was probable cause to charge Brown with misdemeanor criminal mischief for the Oct. 15 incident, the report said. But the homeowners association president declined to press charges, according to the report, saying she feared Brown “may retaliate against her employees.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Brown has reached a settlement with Britney Taylor, his former trainer, in a civil lawsuit she filed accusing him of sexual assault. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown reportedly began and escalated Wednesday's altercation with general manager Mike Mayock.

According to Josina Anderson of ESPN, Brown approached Mayock to complain about a recent fine before calling him a "cracker" and using a barrage of "cuss words" directed at the first-year GM. A team source said Mayock "walked away because he saw it escalate" while other players held Brown back.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the team plans to suspend the star receiver.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network added that the confrontation didn't get physical, but Brown threatened to hit Mayock in the face before punting a football.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Atlantajet333 said:

This should be confirmation and a wake up for all. Nothing transmitted through electronics, personal or otherwise, is private. Every text, email, DM, even phone conversation are monitored by someone. Very little communication is truly free speech. Smart TV's, cell phones assistance apps, siri, cortana, hey google, etc. all invade your privacy. You can't prevent law enforcement from eavesdropping, but when companies get into the act the line has to be drawn somewhere. Maybe we may feel like we have nothing to hide. How many conversations can you remember having seven or ten years ago. How long is your sh*t being held out there? This isn't about who got caught. It's about being mindful about what you post anywhere. Whether it's a joke to you or not. All it takes is one person to be offended, the wrong person. The truth shall set you free.

I totally agree with you on the electronics and trust front. At 47-years old I am privy to see how my grandparents lived, then obviously my parents and now my own children. 

Here's a fact, there wasn't as much identity theft when people used to keep their cash in their mattress and their gun under their pillow! ;)

Having four kids they just want me to give up my emails my passwords and my bank card numbers and credit card numbers to everything! Doordash, ubers, amazon, online video games, streaming services, and of course send it through my phone no less?

They don't get it, but I understand it's a generational thing. So I've made the most of all worlds, and now I keep my phone and my credit card next to my gun under the pillow while I sleep on my cash and if anybody breaks in, and I have to shoot them, I can call the police and bail myself out right on the spot!! Done deal!!!

So how you like me now!?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Just said in ESPN: Pretty much saying NFL did a hit job by releasing more emails to pressure Mark Davis to fire Gruden. League was upset he was allowed to coach Sunday. Thought action should have been taken much earlier by Davis

seems this was a revenge hit for what he said about the nfl as an ESPN EMPLOYEE that was leaked via the Discovery of the WFT investigation. 

Says very unlikely that Gruden willfully walks away from $60M left in his contract. 

HEY GOODELL

suck my dick middle finger GIF

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

He also spent a whole season referring to Terry Glenn as "she." If this happened today, there would be Twitter outrage calling for him to be cancelled for misgendering. Then Bill would hire a crisis manager who would blame PTSD suffered as a result of the body-shaming nickname "Tuna" (which was a reference to his dad body).

We all have the responsibility as members of a society to treat others with dignity and respect. This does not mean we cannot have opinions or even criticisms of others and their believes/choices/lifestyles but we must not deny anyone's humanity when we do so. This also includes recognizing that people can and will make mistakes, especially when the standards of today are retroactively applied to words shared 10 or more years ago. This is not a defense of what Gruden said but rather an indictment of weaponized faux outrage. As usual the useful idiots in the media and on Twitter are playing right into the NFL's hands to distract from likely darker and more disturbing revelations contained in those tens of thousands of emails.

My analogy with social evolution is similar to the expanding knowledge of science. Denigrating someone from the past for being a piece of trash human being based on today's standards is like calling Isaac Newton an idiot because he had less knowledge about physics than Stephen Hawking. (This last paragraph is a general comment, not specific to Gruden).

Yeah so basically what you're saying is let's not lose the ability to laugh at ourselves thing!? That's kind of what makes us human beings.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You think Jerry Jones ain’t got some BS in his emails?  Dan Snyder?  Goodell is like a mafioso.

What about Woody?  He'd be banned forever. Anybody on here a computer hack? The time is ripe to slaughter the pig.  Here's our chance to rid ourselves of the Johnsons.  They'd be forced to sell.  And just think of the POTW votes you'd get.  There is light at the end of the tunnel!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jgb said:

He also spent a whole season referring to Terry Glenn as "she." If this happened today, there would be Twitter outrage calling for him to be cancelled for misgendering. Then Bill would hire a crisis manager who would blame PTSD suffered as a result of the body-shaming nickname "Tuna" (which was a reference to his dad body).

We all have the responsibility as members of a society to treat others with dignity and respect. This does not mean we cannot have opinions or even criticisms of others and their believes/choices/lifestyles but we must not deny anyone's humanity when we do so. This also includes recognizing that people can and will make mistakes, especially when the standards of today are retroactively applied to words shared 10 or more years ago. This is not a defense of what Gruden said but rather an indictment of weaponized faux outrage. As usual the useful idiots in the media and on Twitter are playing right into the NFL's hands to distract from likely darker and more disturbing revelations contained in those tens of thousands of emails.

My analogy with social evolution is similar to the expanding knowledge of science. Denigrating someone from the past for being a piece of trash human being based on today's standards is like calling Isaac Newton an idiot because he had less knowledge about physics than Stephen Hawking. (This last paragraph is a general comment, not specific to Gruden).

Batman Clap GIF

6 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

This week be locked, but it was over for him the second he called the commissioner - correctly so - a pussy. 

The NFL was going to keep releasing things until it was untenable for him. No shot supreme chancellor... er uhh Commissioner Goodell was letting that slide

happy star wars GIF

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I thought what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!?

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me?

I really don't care what John Gruden said about anybody or anything behind closed doors, it's none of my business. The guy's a goddamn Football Coach!!! He was doing Corona commercials remember!? The last time I checked Gruden wasn't a priest, and he wasn't an advocate for transgender bathrooms either.

What's the male version of a Karen!? Hmmm...

This country and society has become totally pussified!!!

Honestly I have had enough of this kind of crap. I can't wait till this ridiculous, petty, politically correct culture blows outta here like a big Broccoli Fart!!! The sooner the better!

Seriously grow some thicker skin, and get a sense of humor! Those were the days..

Btw... I'd love to know what Donald Trump, George Carlin, John Lennon, Mike Ditka, Dennis Miller and Stephen A. Smith have to say on the subject?

I don't think any of those guys would be too worried about hurting your feelings.

People think I'm joking when I say the growing number of effeminate men is going to be real problem in society

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

I know most don't like a fish fan like me on this forum...but this thread is one of the reasons I come here.

JetNation has some of the best posters/personalities on NFL forums.

Fins up!

Well you gotta have somewhere to talk to people. Not like there's enough Dolphins fans to make a Fins message board relevant. 

And you're 1-4 too. So theres that. 

Just thought I would mention it. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Free-agent NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown is facing three criminal charges related to an alleged assault of a delivery truck driver that occurred in January.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Brown, the superstar wide receiver who recently returned to the NFL after a slew of off-the-field troubles, was accused last month of angrily destroying a surveillance camera at the gated community in Hollywood where he lives and throwing his bicycle at a security-guard shack, according to a police report obtained by the Herald. Hollywood police determined there was probable cause to charge Brown with misdemeanor criminal mischief for the Oct. 15 incident, the report said. But the homeowners association president declined to press charges, according to the report, saying she feared Brown “may retaliate against her employees.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Brown has reached a settlement with Britney Taylor, his former trainer, in a civil lawsuit she filed accusing him of sexual assault. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown reportedly began and escalated Wednesday's altercation with general manager Mike Mayock.

According to Josina Anderson of ESPN, Brown approached Mayock to complain about a recent fine before calling him a "cracker" and using a barrage of "cuss words" directed at the first-year GM. A team source said Mayock "walked away because he saw it escalate" while other players held Brown back.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the team plans to suspend the star receiver.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network added that the confrontation didn't get physical, but Brown threatened to hit Mayock in the face before punting a football.

Threatening to hit Mayock in the face is grounds for reinstatement.  He’s clearly channeled his rage to good use.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Unfortunately. It’s a one way street 

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I thought what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!?

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me?

I really don't care what John Gruden said about anybody or anything behind closed doors, it's none of my business. The guy's a goddamn Football Coach!!! He was doing Corona commercials remember!? The last time I checked Gruden wasn't a priest, and he wasn't an advocate for transgender bathrooms either.

What's the male version of a Karen!? Hmmm...

This country and society has become totally pussified!!!

Honestly I have had enough of this kind of crap. I can't wait till this ridiculous, petty, politically correct culture blows outta here like a big Broccoli Fart!!! The sooner the better!

Seriously grow some thicker skin, and get a sense of humor! Those were the days..

Btw... I'd love to know what Donald Trump, George Carlin, John Lennon, Mike Ditka, Dennis Miller and Stephen A. Smith have to say on the subject?

I don't think any of those guys would be too worried about hurting your feelings.

The owners didn’t kill Gruden because they are politically correct.  It’s a smoke screen to protect themselves.   There using your outrage and the wok outrage as cover.  They’re tooling both sides.  

• Upvote 2

Easy for one to assume Gruden takes the hit to deflect what's been a continuing trend with principle billionaire owners who can side with each other and the commish controlling what stays hidden (covered up) and who goes or doesn't get to play again in the league. Out of over 650 K messages no one else is incriminated? C'mon man!

• Upvote 1