\\\\////The officially official nobuddy kers Jets VS Flippers Game thread\\\\////®️©️™️

BP

Ok well, I'm more into bashing the coordination of the team than whether some career backup gets a start over another non-franchise QB at 2-8. 

But the notion that Mike White is owed anything because of one game seems like so much desperation. His arm is not very strong and he's not very mobile and he just threw 4 picks in a game. Should I alter my plan of developing my franchise QB in favor of maybe contributing to a QB controversy between someone I'm not prepared to go with long-term? no.

I'm sure not happy with the way the Jets offense and defense look. I don't know why the Jets always employ "defensive" head coaches when the league is about scoring.  I mean, it seems just like Todd Bowles. Only Bowles' defenses played less horribly. The Adam Gase hiring is just unfathomable.

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope we start Flacco again next week.  Apathy is an easier pill to swallow.

Wilson needs to build chemistry with the team, and the Texans is probably the easiest game to do that. This is an easier stretch of games, and Zach will only learn from sitting behind Flacco and White for so long.

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

because nobody had film on him.  the next starts, what about those? 

Given his performances so far in 2021, do you think Zach Wilson would have produced better than White did vs. the #1 overall Defense?

I'm curious, what kind of game do you think Wilson would have had in White's place vs. the Bills that day?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He played well in his short time in Indy and awful against the Bills.  Why not see if he can bounce back.

#1 Because WHO GIVES A SH!!T? 

You develop your 1st stringer, not your backup, Mike White is not a starter. He's a backup: someone who probably won't play bad in a pinch but someone who is probably not more than a game manager long-term.

But really, see #1.

• WTF? 1

Just now, phill1c said:

You develop your 1st stringer, not your backup, Mike White is not a starter. He's a backup: someone who probably won't play bad in a pinch but someone who is probably not more than a game manager long-term.

But really, see #1.

Why is he here if he's not a backup?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Given his performances so far in 2021, do you think Zach Wilson would have produced better than White did vs. the #1 overall Defense?

I'm curious, what kind of game do you think Wilson would have had in White's place vs. the Bills that day?

Wow, such a leading question. But I think Flacco gives the best chance and it was all of 14 points. My opinion, neither gives the jets a great chance. Whether a guy with 4 years of experience can be marginally better than a rookie makes the question more "who do give 'developmental' starts to? A QB I'm not planning on starting OR a veteran who can actually provide MEANINGFUL film on playing against that defense.

I've already wasted more time on Mike White than he deserves.

2022 NFL Draft Order

Mock Draft player rankings updated recently
PICK TEAM RECORD WIN% GB SOS 

STREAK

0-9-1 .050 -- .541 Lost 1

2-8 .200 1.5 .494 Lost 3

3 2-8 .200 1.5 .506 Lost 2

2-8 .200 1.5 .511 Won 1

5 3-7 .300 2.5 .524 Lost 5

6 3-6 .333 3.0 .515 Won 1

7 3-6 .333 3.0 .517 Lost 1

8 4-7 .364 3.0 .483 Won 3

9 4-6 .400 3.5 .453 Lost 2

10 4-6 .400 3.5 .530 Won 2

Big Picture; At a loss what was gained by playing Flacco over White. This team isn't going to the playoffs. White may be the guy he was in his 1st start or the guy who played last week or soemthing else or in between. Awful wonderful average; no idea. You had a chance today to get a better picture. That chance is gone, and to play...Joe Flacco instead?  If White (or Wilson) totally screws the pooch, I understand. But starting him, and then attempting FGs all day, is Pussyball. Makes no sense. 

• Upvote 2

If you mean "why is Joe Flacco here"?

He's here to provide some USEFUL, non-QB-controversy-creating, QB experience while Zack Wilson, the guy the Jets used the #2 pick on, watches (after proving he's not ready to start).

They don't need the backup QB having multiple pick games. 'THAT HELPS NO ONE!'

31 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Wait wait, you still think there is a chance that Mike White is “the man”? The 27 year old 4th year QB with a wet noodle of an arm who is on pace for 45 interceptions over a 17 game season? Do you need help?

I don't know.You do not either.  I do know Joe Flacco is today a backup who won't be here next year. 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I don't know.You do not either.  I do know Joe Flacco is today a backup who won't be here next year. 

I think you should have stopped with "I don't know..." because if I had the choice of a SB winner and some guy I never heard of before, who was just as overwhelmed as Zack Wilson, with 4 additional years of experience. I'm going with Flacco.

19 minutes ago, phill1c said:

But really, see #1.

Clearly, some portion of the fanbase gives a sh*t.

And the 1st stringer wasn't healthy, which is why the question of White vs. Flacco has been asked.

Ultimately, while some may not like it, the most likely reason Flacco played today is 1. White is hurt and 2. Saleh was desperate to try and steal a win today and JD was desperate to validate his poor trade for Flacco.

14 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Wow, such a leading question.

A reasonable one I think, and one you clearly either cannot or will not answer it seems.

But I think Flacco gives the best chance and it was all of 14 points. My opinion, neither gives the jets a great chance. Whether a guy with 4 years of experience can be marginally better than a rookie makes the question more "who do give 'developmental' starts to? A QB I'm not planning on starting OR a veteran who can actually provide MEANINGFUL film on playing against that defense.

I've already wasted more time on Mike White than he deserves.

It seems there are two schools of Fans:

1. Those who want to find a successful winning QB

2. Those who want to find a successful winning QB only if it's a highly drafted pick like Wilson (or Darnold before him).

To be clear, I could care less who becomes our stud QB, I care only that we find a stud QB.  I don't care if that guy is drafted #1/#1 or is literally Mr. Irrelevant, I think play on the field should determine who gets opportunities, not draft position.  White's play so far, superior to Wilson's in every way, earned him the start today even after the Buffalo game (hence my question, because I believe Wilson would have been about as bad against Buffalo as White was).  Starting Flacco to me was and is unacceptable, a coach grasping for a win, a GM validating a bad unnecessary trade.

And while you may feel time on White is wasted, many of us do not, because many of think that at worst he should be able to challenge to be our #2 QB the rest of this year and next.  So we'd want to see more of him, when Wilson is unavailable, to justify or cure us of that opinion.  Seeing Flacco instead serves no purpose for our future.  Solidifying the #2 or eliminating him does.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you mean by "meaningful film" from Flacco, nothing I saw today was any more or less meaningful that it would have been if White had played.

But as noted above, the sad truth is that White was probably himself not healthy enough to play today, and that, more than anything, is why White has missed the opportunity he was provided, he has been hurt in almost every game he's played.  His durability, not his limited arm strength, is why he wasn't on the field today.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1. White is hurt and 2. Saleh was desperate to try and steal a win today and JD was desperate to validate his poor trade for Flacco.

delusional.

Mike White is like Mike Glennon: NOBODY CARES!!

Except a slim number of desperate losers, who always root for undertalented career backups, no matter how unlikely their success would be. Mike White is nobody's answer to "Franchise QB". Rudy doesn't throw 4 INTs in his first opportunity. He was as ineffective as Zack Wilson.

Flacco provides stability, not wild "i don't know if I'm getting 'good' or 'bad' Mike Who.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Clearly, some portion of the fanbase gives a sh*t.

And the 1st stringer wasn't healthy, which is why the question of White vs. Flacco has been asked.

Ultimately, while some may not like it, the most likely reason Flacco played today is 1. White is hurt and 2. Saleh was desperate to try and steal a win today and JD was desperate to validate his poor trade for Flacco.

A reasonable one I think, and one you clearly either cannot or will not answer it seems.

It seems there are two schools of Fans:

1. Those who want to find a successful winning QB

2. Those who want to find a successful winning QB only if it's a highly drafted pick like Wilson (or Darnold before him).

To be clear, I could care less who becomes our stud QB, I care only that we find a stud QB.  I don't care if that guy is drafted #1/#1 or is literally Mr. Irrelevant, I think play on the field should determine who gets opportunities, not draft position.  White's play so far, superior to Wilson's in every way, earned him the start today even after the Buffalo game (hence my question, because I believe Wilson would have been about as bad against Buffalo as White was).  Starting Flacco to me was and is unacceptable, a coach grasping for a win, a GM validating a bad unnecessary trade.

And while you may feel time on White is wasted, many of us do not, because many of think that at worst he should be able to challenge to be our #2 QB the rest of this year and next.  So we'd want to see more of him, when Wilson is unavailable, to justify or cure us of that opinion.  Seeing Flacco instead serves no purpose for our future.  Solidifying the #2 or eliminating him does.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you mean by "meaningful film" from Flacco, nothing I saw today was any more or less meaningful that it would have been if White had played.

But as noted above, the sad truth is that White was probably himself not healthy enough to play today, and that, more than anything, is why White has missed the opportunity he was provided, he has been hurt in almost every game he's played.  His durability, not his limited arm strength, is why he wasn't on the field today.

Well thought out, very well formatted, grammatically engaging, but in the end: Who cares? I'm asking for a literal count...

16 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Mike White or Joe Flacco?

meanwhile, most teams are running up 40 plus. against our defense.

Well yeah, but what significant personnel changes can be made right now to improve the defense?  

We're playing all the young guys on D, but meanwhile at QB, we're sending out a 36 year old semi-retired guy at QB.  Seems inconsistent to me from a policy/philosophy standpoint right now.  Granted, Flacco didn't play poorly, but who cares?  He won't be here next year.  Mike White likely will.  

Phins didn't beat us today.  We beat ourselves.  Busted coverage.  2 missed FGs.  Defensive holding negating a sack.  Roughing the passer leading to a TD instead of FG attempt.  Coleman missing his assignment on the strip-sack.  This was all on us.  Not sure if that is progress or not, but we didn't get our asses kicked today.  We did it to ourselves. 

This game was winnable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

Phins didn't beat us today.  We beat ourselves.  Busted coverage.  2 missed FGs.  Defensive holding negating a sack.  Roughing the passer leading to a TD instead of FG attempt.  Coleman missing his assignment on the strip-sack.  This was all on us.  Not sure if that is progress or not, but we didn't get our asses kicked today.  We did it to ourselves. 

This game was winnable.

Of course it was. the dolphins were 3-7. 

This team seems very similar to teams of the last 10 years. Not able to score. Only it doesn't seem to be able to stop ANYONE either.

43 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Big Picture; At a loss what was gained by playing Flacco over White. This team isn't going to the playoffs. White may be the guy he was in his 1st start or the guy who played last week or soemthing else or in between. Awful wonderful average; no idea. You had a chance today to get a better picture. That chance is gone, and to play...Joe Flacco instead?  If White (or Wilson) totally screws the pooch, I understand. But starting him, and then attempting FGs all day, is Pussyball. Makes no sense. 

I think what they gained was a week off from “Wow, why is Robert Saleh’s defense so bad?” headlines. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I think Wilson has better physical tools than White and has a much greater chance of developing into quality starting QB. Hopefully he is healthy enough to start against the Texans next week.

56 minutes ago, Bugg said:

They didn’t have confidence in him. It’s simple. They saw him against Buffalo and thought Flacco would get them through better. They know White isn’t it. Zach is their guy. They wanted to play a competitive game.