What do we think “The Plan” is?

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

when was the last time you paid for season tickets ? I always like to know if the folks preaching patience are actually spending their own money and in case you want to know about me I attended over 300 games in person.

What is pathetic actually is Jet fans that tolerate incompetence and think just because something is new the plan will work. I had hope and all of the patience in the world when Mr Hess hired Parcells. A man that actually had a history of actually executing a plan

what does season tickets have to do with anything. i used to go to about 4 games a year back before Parcells. after he got here nobody wanted to sell there tickets. i get that you pay into this team especially now with the PSLs which they didnt have back in the days i went to the game but unless the team gives you something when they win the losses hurt me just as much as you. 

so whats your plan? fire JD and Saleh? JD just had the best Jets draft in 20 years. maybe in Jets history. wanna fire him? 

think its wise to fire Saleh after one year and give Wilson a 2nd HC in 2 years? what about LaFluer? you want him to stay right? can we force him on a new HC? 

we have no choice but to tolerate this for this year. but next year has to be better. and i think it will be. there are alot of nice pieces here. another good draft and some FAs  and we could really be good next year.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hex said:

Do you think that we can win with a bunch of second-years and rookies? 

I think some folks are very tolerant, accepting even, of being a loser joke franchise year after year. 

It's almost seems like some of you just don't care very much about losing on Sundays, year after year.

Not a hint of frustration, or a smidge of passion, to be found in some of you. 

It takes another year or two.

So now it's another year or two then? 

So we're writing off 2022 and 2023, and maybe 2024 will be a competitive season?

Amazing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How do you not know what the plan is?  Are you people blind?

The plan is to build through the draft.  Joe and Robert told you this 1,000 times.  We have a ton of draft picks in this upcoming draft and next year will be another evaluation year.  We will have the youngest roster in the league again.  Maybe 6-8 wins.

2023 we will have put together a strong roster of young players built to win for the long haul.

I cant believe this still needs to be discussed.

Yep. Build through the draft, get value guys through trades and F.A. And the key is, don't listen to anyone else--no splashy moves to try to win now, and not need to go get some over hyped, expensive player. Value, value, value, and patience.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

This season has sucked, and definitely has me questioning Saleh, Wilson, Lafleur and Douglas. I can't deny that.

But some things need to be said:

• We were 2-14 last year
  • We are one of, if not the, youngest team in the league
  • Rookie quarterback, first year HC, first year OC
  • Lost LT early in the season to injury and lost high priced FA Edge Rusher in training camp to injury

Excuses are frustrating and results are what we're after.

With the picks and cap room we have this offseason, there's definitely the ability to get a lot better quickly. Let's see how it goes.

Also, the new guys are going to have more and more reps. And this team will be more cohesive. But there are lots of upgrades needed. I always thought that if (1) we won more than two games, and (2) Zac is the guy, we would be okay going forward. Missing on a QB again would be a huge setback (#2 overall pick is a big price). Excited to get Lawson back.

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I completely agree with Saleh.

I think you're starting to see where the clear weaknesses are - understand what holes can be fixed in FA and which ones can be filled in with draft picks.  If I can see, I'm sure they really do.

Offense:

TE, RG and try and find a WR#1 - in that order

Defense:

LB, LB., LB, Edge (this is second because of Lawson coming back) Safety

There aren't nearly as many holes as we think...Those holes happen to be gapping though so everything around them seem worse.

2nd year Wilson, with upgrades in those positions - which we have the resources to fitl and I expect this team to be competitive next year.  Probably still not a playoff team - but clearly on it's way.

Patience and common sense goes a long ways.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Yep. Build through the draft, bet value guys through trades and F.A. And the key is, don't listen to anyone else--not splashy moves to try to win now or go get some over hyped, expensive player. Value, value, value, and patience.

You my friend are one of the few smart Jet fans who sees what is happen here.  

When we are a top team in the league AND are setup for long term success, this board will be in disbelief.  Like Robert Saleh said: Jet fans have never seen this before.  What he really meant was: Jet fans are clueless. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

what does season tickets have to do with anything. i used to go to about 4 games a year back before Parcells. after he got here nobody wanted to sell there tickets. i get that you pay into this team especially now with the PSLs which they didnt have back in the days i went to the game but unless the team gives you something when they win the losses hurt me just as much as you. 

so whats your plan? fire JD and Saleh? JD just had the best Jets draft in 20 years. maybe in Jets history. wanna fire him? 

think its wise to fire Saleh after one year and give Wilson a 2nd HC in 2 years? what about LaFluer? you want him to stay right? can we force him on a new HC? 

we have no choice but to tolerate this for this year. but next year has to be better. and i think it will be. there are alot of nice pieces here. another good draft and some FAs  and we could really be good next year.

Wow. Reasonable points. Shame on you for not hating on Saleh and JD more.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You my friend are one of the few smart Jet fans who sees what is happen here.  

When we are a top team in the league AND are setup for long term success, this board will be in disbelief.  Like Robert Saleh said: Jet fans have never seen this before.  What he really meant was: Jet fans are clueless. 

There is no guarantee that Saleh is going to get it right, but he is going about it the right way--not caring what the fans or critics are saying. The guy can coach and inspire players. He's proven that. The defense is an absolute mess, but it will come together. 

My favorite thing about Saleh is, even knowing people are going to be calling for his head, he's approaching it like he has the 3-4 years he needs to put the right team on the field. A team that can grow be legitimate for the next 10 years. He started with a mess. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

There is no guarantee that Saleh is going to get it right, but he is going about it the right way--not caring what the fans or critics are saying. The guy can coach and inspire players. He's proven that. The defense is an absolute mess, but it will come together. 

My favorite thing about Saleh is, even knowing people are going to be calling for his head, he's approaching it like he has the 3-4 years he needs to put the right team on the field. A team that can grow be legitimate for the next 10 years. He started with a mess. 

Correct.  Joe D was brought in here to see if Gase/Darnold was salvageable.  He was not brought in here to rebuild.  Once he deemed Gase/Darnold was unsalvageable, he sold Woody on his patient, build through the draft rebuild plan and Woody gave him the green light.

We are 12 games inito a ground up rebuild w/ a rookie coaching staff and the youngest roster in the league.  We have so many draft picks this upcoming year, we will be even younger next year.

This is going to take some time.  2023 is when we should really start to see this plan payoff.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Joe D was brought in here to see if Gase/Darnold was salvageable.  He was not brought in here to rebuild.  Once he deemed Gase/Darnold was unsalvageable, he sold Woody on his patient, build through the draft rebuild plan and Woody gave him the green light.

We are 12 games inito a ground up rebuild w/ a rookie coaching staff and the youngest roster in the league.  We have so many draft picks this upcoming year, we will be even younger next year.

This is going to take some time.  2023 is when we should really start to see this plan payoff.

I think you're maybe right, but I would be fine with 2024. It's going to take time. I think everyone needs to simmer their expectation for next year, and not call for Saleh's and JD's firing if the team doesn't make the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I think you're maybe right, but I would be fine with 2024. It's going to take time. I think everyone needs to simmer their expectation for next year, and not call for Saleh's and JD's firing if the team doesn't make the playoffs. 

I think they will have enough players to make a deep run in 2023.  If things go as planned, a Super Bowl trophy is a reasonable expectation for 2024.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So we're writing off 2022 and 2023, and maybe 2024 will be a competitive season?

For one, and & or are different things

For two, It's not that I am writing off 2023, I just won't be surprised if that's the case

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dude.  Your twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to defend JD. He’s not 12 games into a rebuild. He’s in year 2.5.

This is going to be his 3rd draft coming up. The 2nd draft looks solid. But the first 1 doesn’t count? Why? It was a horrible draft. It was as bad as any draft that maccagnan had. Becton  doesn’t play because he’s injured all the time. Mims doesn’t play because he sucks. Perine has been inactive all season. Davis is terrible. Etc

He took over a dumpster fire. I agree. But this team is still a dumpster fire 2.5 years later

im all for giving him another year but I have a feeling that nothing is going to change. We will still get blown out and play uncompetitive football week in and week out next year. 

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think they will have enough players to make a deep run in 2023.  If things go as planned, a Super Bowl trophy is a reasonable expectation for 2024.

There is no way you actually believe this. The only way jets will make it to a super bowl in 2 years is if they buy tickets.

You know what’s more likely….

In 2024 we will be in year 1 of our new rebuild with our new GM, new head coach and new QB. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Saying that only 1 team gets an SB trophy each season, the Jets getting one in the next 3 years seems unreasonable. I get that by 2023 they should be a contender, but there are around 12 contenders per season, and only 1 winner. If the Jets do win a Super Bowl, it will probably be a few years into contention

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think some folks are very tolerant, accepting even, of being a loser joke franchise year after year. 

It's almost seems like some of you just don't care very much about losing on Sundays, year after year.

Amazing. 

It’s called resignation rooted in reality.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Amazing. 

did you not see how passionate this board was to fire Gase and trade Sam last year? 

i joined this site last Oct to rant about those two. couldnt stand to watch the Jets with them on it. 

im tolerate cause i got a new HC and QB. too early to get crazy with them. 

im tolerate cause JD just might have had the best draft in Jets history. 

next year is a different story. we have to win games next year. sad part is if the defense was as good as last year we would have 6 wins by now, probably finish with 8 wins.

• Upvote 1

I actually believe the offensive players and system the Jets are putting together can be decent.  It is actually because they are overweighting the OL. 

But I really wonder about the defense.  They need much better players.  Look at who Buffalo has on defense. How many of our back 7 would start for Buffalo?  Any?

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Amazing. 

I consider myself a fairly tolerant fan ... don't expect immediate turnarounds etc. But even then, I expect us to be competitive next year. What I mean by that is - having a chance to win most games (not sitting two or three days before wondering how bad we'll get murdered). Blowouts being a real exception rather than the norm. We may even inflict one or two ourselves. I don't expect a great winning record, But I'm looking for us to be close in the games we don't win. 

The year after I expect competing - in the playoff hunt till the very end, that sort of thing.

Two key people to all of this - Saleh and Zach. If either fails, then we won't get there. Sure, we need surrounding talent, weaponz, defense defense defense. But I actually expect that to happen. The other two are big unknowns. And we're unlikely to be changing either of them in the next year at least.

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When we are a top team in the league AND are setup for long term success, this board will be in disbelief.

If we are a top team set up for long term success in 2023, you're right, I probably will be in disbelief.

Like Robert Saleh said: Jet fans have never seen this before.

So he says.  Sounds exactly what Mangini said too.  "It's a process" is a meme for a reason.

What he really meant was: Jet fans are clueless. 

We are what this franchise has made us.  

Some of us, like me, are endlessly frustrated at how bad we continue to be year after year.  And frustrated how much people tolerate it.

Some of us, like you, have just checked out, passion-wise, become "resigned" as Harris accurately put it, and don't seem to care about "now" anymore, and just express a blind faith it'll all work out eventually and perfectly.  Definitely the low stress fan option, I give you that.  Not really caring always is.

I always liked Ronnie Reagan's "Trust, But Verify" line.  

I'm happy to put some trust in JD, Saleh et al., but more than that is earned, and on the Verify side so far, not so much.

But as you keep saying, I should just shut up, say "Thank you Joe Douglas" over and over, and wait like till 2023, or maybe 2024, when we  will definitely be good. 

And if we're not, you'll just say wait till 2027 under the next regime, right?

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

It’s called resignation rooted in reality.

Why, holding your breath or stomping your feet in protest wont help the team win more games.  They dont lose because fans are too accepting?  

It isnt more advantageous to just complain that the plan is taking too long and wont ever work anyway?  

17 hours ago, kmnj said:

when was the last time you paid for season tickets ? I always like to know if the folks preaching patience are actually spending their own money and in case you want to know about me I attended over 300 games in person.

What is pathetic actually is Jet fans that tolerate incompetence and think just because something is new the plan will work. I had hope and all of the patience in the world when Mr Hess hired Parcells. A man that actually had a history of actually executing a plan

Having season tickets doesn’t make you a bigger or better fan than anyone else or give your opinion more weight. If you like the game day experience and chose to spend your money that way then that’s your choice and your welcome to it. I watch every game, read every article, and spend way too much time on this site and have been a fan since 1967 and I’m willing to be patient with this rebuild because I am impressed with what I’ve seen from Saleh and Douglas so far despite the initial results. They are young, smart, and have come from winning organizations. Call me pathetic if you want. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

If you reach a point where losses don't bother you and you are fine writing off whole seasons as lost causes years in advance.....

smh, look at what this franchise has done to come of you.

Yup.  After a decade of beatdowns and FO mismanagement I don’t expect wins, doesn’t mean I don’t care. They say there is a plan, and I can see it for once.  I see no utility in getting overly upset at this stage. It’ll just put me in a bad mood.

• Upvote 1