Captain Morgan Activated Off Covid List

jetsrule128

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's earning $9,200 a week each time he appears on a team's Practice Squad, after already having earned $1.33M from the Jets.  Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Plus, his girl is a smoking hot female golfer he met at FIU.  Trust me when I say she's worth a Google search.  @munchmemory

Mama's, DO let your babies grow up to be Quarterbacks.

There are worse girlfriends to have than Hannah Leiner.

• Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 3

Being a backup QB and having to change teams a number of times during the course of a season isn’t stealing the money. It’s a tough grind and most players do it for a year or two and leave the sport to get a real job. Remember these are young guys who could be pursuing a career, learning a profession and making good money. They were all stars in college and have access to good jobs in business etc. The 9k a week isn’t that big a deal. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Being a backup QB and having to change teams a number of times during the course of a season isn’t stealing the money. It’s a tough grind and most players do it for a year or two and leave the sport to get a real job. Remember these are young guys who could be pursuing a career, learning a profession and making good money. They were all stars in college and have access to good jobs in business etc. The 9k a week isn’t that big a deal. 

This is the only path for players like me to make some money in the NFL before hanging it up and pivoting to post-football career. 

You’d think people that have to work for 35 years then retire would understand the necessity of doing what you have to do. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Both my daughters, young , both vaxxed, got Covid last week.  Politics not permitted here. 

What are you even talking about?  This has to do with the rules of the league, not any politics.  I never made any kind of a statement one way or the other.  (And call the issue what you want it is not a political issue)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's not the 9K a week, health care, personal trainers and per diems for meals, it's all those frequent flyer miles.  Sweet gig if you can get it.   What 20 something young man doesn't want a free trip Dallas Fort Worth?

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Ehh, I agree with some of the above.  But c'mon.  I doubt an FIU degree could make him $9,200 a week doing literally anything else he'd be capable of doing.  If it could, he'd have taken the $1.33M he got from the Jets and then hung up the cleats already.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

If he stays on a team for the next two weeks, I think that will put him at $119,600 for the season. He can take the spring off and take a nice golf vacation with his girlfriend. Then, he can continue to "train" to advance his football career. He's 24 years old and if he can latch on as a long term backup someplace, he can do very very well for himself. That "possibility" is what has him still chasing his dream. That, and he's 24! He's got lots and lots of years ahead of him to earn money. And will have probably earned enough to pay for his law school education in full. He's already made almost $1.5 million in two seasons. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's earning $9,200 a week each time he appears on a team's Practice Squad, after already having earned $1.33M from the Jets.  Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Plus, his girl is a smoking hot female golfer he met at FIU.  Trust me when I say she's worth a Google search.  @munchmemory

https://www.sportsgossip.com/jets-draft-pick-qb-james-morgan-is-dating-ig-golfer-hannah-leiner/

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ehh, I agree with some of the above.  But c'mon.  I doubt an FIU degree could make him $9,200 a week doing literally anything else he'd be capable of doing.  If it could, he'd have taken the $1.33M he got from the Jets and then hung up the cleats already.

Look maybe he has the dream of being an NFL starting Qb and believes in himself. It's hard to get a chance to even go on the field (except for this season via Covid). And if we're talking about money a starting NFL QB can make in the 20s to 30's. But in terms of being released, signed, cut being on 4 different teams in one season it's not an easy life esp if a player has a family. Another possibility is playing in the CFL or a minor league. The CFL pays OK but nowhere near the NFL salaries. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

740full-hannah-bianca-leiner-2

• Sympathy 3

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mamma Mia. She's gorgeous.

Super nice, really down to earth too. After the first round our foursome had drinks together, and we made plans to go to dinner together with our significant others at a local Italian place. @The Crusher (guess which one?)

She was sponsored by PXG at the time, and their local rep joined us. She asked him to fit me and the other two guys for a set of irons and wedges, and he got them for us at cost. He’s my go to guy for equipment now, thanks to Paige.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Both my daughters, young , both vaxxed, got Covid last week.  Politics not permitted here. 

Same with my daughter. She tested positive on Christmas Eve morning. My nephew and brother in law did also. 

We canceled Christmas and I got out of Long Island and headed back to SC.

It’s really spreading like wild fire up there. I’m laying low this week just in case, which sucks. It’s 70 degrees and the courses are in beautiful shape right now.

I’m getting tired of watching bowl games between meh teams, but at least it passes the time.