Matt Rhule, also soft

T0mShane

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I'm surprised i haven't been tagged 47 times in this one...  being one of Rhule's biggest advocates. 

I blame Darnold, as should all of you. 

I'll start for you

@Paradis

And based on Darnold's track record, let's all hope he goes to the Patriots next

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, RobR said:

trailer-park-boys-the-way-she-goes.gif

Hah... you were probably one his biggest doubters (of ppl i would say are qualified to have such opinions)

I dunno. I want to blame the roster and such, but it feels liek that's not really the whole story. He was a lauded program builder and he couldn't much at all.... which makes me think i don't know anymore who the hell is suppose to be good at this thing. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Hah... you were probably one his biggest doubters (of ppl i would say are qualified to have such opinions)

I dunno. I want to blame the roster and such, but it feels liek that's not really the whole story. He was a lauded program builder and he couldn't much at all.... which makes me think i don't know anymore who the hell is suppose to be good at this thing. 

My biggest problem with him is that I knew he would not be able too manage a NFL roster. His coaching style obviously translated to the CFB level but he was behind the eight ball when it came to moving up into the NFL level. Most brilliant college coaches fail brilliantly when the have to manage millionaire 20 somethings instead of bright eyed 18 year olds.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Maybe, probably,  who knows? All I know is that the Jets have made the wrong possible move at every conceivable decision tree for years. We are literally watching one of the worst case scenario decision matrices play out in real time.

how do you your watching a bad HC right now? plenty of great HCs had bad 1st years and learned from it.

and your boy McCarthy has never had a bad QB. he had 2 HOFers and maybe a 3rd (DAK). the one year Dax gets hurt he wins 6 games. 

McCarthey is nothing without a QB. meaning he would do nothing here

3 hours ago, Hex said:

I'll start for you

@Paradis

And based on Darnold's track record, let's all hope he goes to the Patriots next

Belichick isn’t dumb enough to install Darnold as his QB2.  Especially not after kicking his a$$ so badly in every H2H meeting.  He knows better than anyone that Darnold is a mush and unsalvageable.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Belichick isn’t dumb enough to install Darnold as his QB2.  Especially not after kicking his a$$ so badly in every H2H meeting.  He knows better than anyone that Darnold is a mush and unsalvageable.

Yea, but it's a Jet dream...

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Aaron Rodgers sounds like a narcissist, but apparently hates McCarthy 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/04/aaron-rodgers-mike-mccarthy-tension-dated-back-to-2005/amp/

I don’t know what to think about Green Bay honestly. Aaron Rodgers looks like the most physically gifted QB year in and year out. How he’s only won 1 SB is crazy. Is it coaching? Does Rodgers choke? Or is in GM not supporting Rodgers the way he should be. I really don’t know. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I don’t know what to think about Green Bay honestly. Aaron Rodgers looks like the most physically gifted QB year in and year out. How he’s only won 1 SB is crazy. Is it coaching? Does Rodgers choke? Or is in GM not supporting Rodgers the way he should be. I really don’t know. 

Some of it just feels like bad luck, TBH. He's lost in the NFC Title game 4 times -- the 2014 MVP season they blew a huge lead against the Seahawks and last year they kind of choked against the Bucs. 2016 they just ran into a red hot Falcons team during Ryan's MVP season.

Part of it is also just how the team is built -- for a team that plays in Green Bay they've always been a finesse team which sometimes wilts in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

They trade up to draft QB's in the first round when they have Aaron Rodgers - Instead of using those resources to help him...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Lith said:

No.  I think the correct way of phrasing it is either "Smarter than I am" or "Smarter than me."

Dog Slap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

(ducks to avoid return slap)

Smarter than I am; not smarter than me am.

Best of my knowledge, the am is understood & is just helping to illustrate. It doesn't change whether the I/me is objective or subjective, though. 

Regardless, I was just making a joke (given the context). Nobody actually talks like that, of course. Not even I. ?

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Do we think Matt Campbell would have the same results? “Program builders” seem kinda dangerous now. Too much control for a newbie. 

Campbell would have been worse.  He’s a Pom Pom waiver and he’s never done anything at the college level remotely close to what rhule did or anything that warrants NFL consideration.  He blew his chance to move upward, now the “best team in program history” finished 7-6.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Campbell would have been worse.  He’s a Pom Pom waiver and he’s never done anything at the college level remotely close to what rhule did or anything that warrants NFL consideration.  He blew his chance to move upward, now the “best team in program history” finished 7-6.

This sounds perhaps like someone who is very biased against Iowa State lol…

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

He should be unhappy and embarrassed.

Fortunately, he could probably buy Rhule out so he can go back to college, because college coaches get paid better than NFL coaches. 

A cynical person might suspect that, like Urban, Rhule is the one leaking this stuff  to free himself up for a college job. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A cynical person might suspect that, like Urban, Rhule is the one leaking this stuff  to free himself up for a college job. 

He probably realized what Meyer did and is now trying to ride the d-bag train

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Jets slowing climbing out of the biggest circus rankings.   Panthers and Jags going for that title with aggression.

Maybe.

But as a big college football fan (my dad grew up in Iowa and I attended several Hawkeye games as a kid) I think what Campbell has done at Iowa State has been impressive.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Dan Marino was incredibly gifted as well, and never won any.  The same # of rings as you and I, and one less than Trent Dilfer.

Football is weird. 

20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don’t know why I never thought of this before but now that it’s here I’m never gonna be able to move on from it 

I can’t take credit for it. One of his supporters on this site coined that term for him about a year or so ago.  

You should read the thread where he makes the debut of the name - a plethora of Ja Rule references throughout.

But, for that reason, I will never forget it either.