Matt Rhule, also soft

T0mShane

I would cut off a pinkie before I ever paid a dime for The Athletic, but apparently, the whole Panthers org hates him. Here’s a snippet from their fan blog:

“The new report from Joseph Person of The Athletic detailed numerous red flags about Rhule’s leadership, or lack thereof, atop the organization. Those alarming signs include a perception around the league that the team is “soft,”  resentment towards a clear favoritism for guys Rhule coached at Baylor and Temple and an instance where Rhule told players he could’ve taken a higher-paying job back in the college ranks rather than staying in Carolina.”

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I got banned because of some distasteful things I posted in a Matt Rhule thread during the hiring process a few years ago. 

I really hate that guy.  Rhule and Darnold deserve each other…

Yeah? It’s not easy to get banned around here, especially when I’m not the only mod who wanted nothing to do with Rhule.  

I didn’t hate the Gase signing until I fully realized that I should. Pretty early into year two. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Rhule was always goweng to fawel wen the NFL. We called wet back then. We also hated Gase well before he was hwered; we wanted McCarthy. We also wanted Fweelds or trade back, but we dewenwetely wanted no part of Zach. 

Replace all "we" with "I" to decode. 

Is this Elvish?

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I got banned because of some distasteful and offensive things I posted in a Matt Rhule thread during the hiring process a few years ago. 

I really hate that guy.  Rhule and Darnold deserve each other…

I wasn't that bad, but close. I think my take was that his Big man on Small Campus act combined with a very strange brand of....personal beliefs wouldn't work in the NY market.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There were no good choices here, apparently.   All 3 were the best we could attract to work under the Johnson's and Mike Maccagnan, and all 3 sucked.  No surprise there.  

McCarthy would at least have had the Jets looking like a competently coached and run, actual NFL Football Team, unlike the relegation candidates they've been since 2016..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

McCarthy would at least have had the Jets looking like a competently coached and run, actual NFL Football Team, unlike the relegation candidates they've been since 2016..

I sincerely doubt it.  McCarthy really is not competent in any way.  Maybe he would have been better than the other 2 candidates but that's a very low bar to clear.

• Upvote 2