Which picks are more valuable - the Jets at #4, #10 or the Giants at #5 and #7?

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Does anyone know what the point scoring system thing would say about that?

I thought about this before you made this thread, and my conclusion is that the #4 and #10 picks are more valuable than the #5 and #7 picks.

The Jets will be able to get the guy they want at #4, and if the Giants covet the same guy at #4, will be out of luck.  

The Giants will have to settle on a  second player at #5.  Although the #7 pick is better than the #10 pick, the difference will not be as significant as between #4 and #5.

Look at it this way:  if you were to trade the #4 pick for the #5 pick, you would have to give up at least 2- second round draft picks to do it.    Trading the #7 pick for the #10 pick would probably entail getting 1- second round draft pick along with 1- Third round draft pick.  Just my opinion though.

According to this: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

4 + 10 are worth 3100 points

5 + 7 are worth 3200 points

In this draft in particular I don't really see a tremendous amount of difference between the caliber of player you can get at pick 4 or pick 10 tbh. 

I'd probably value the Giants more b/c they pick in front of Carolina at 5, and ahead of Atlanta + denver at 8 + 9 assuming the Giants don't move on from Daniel Jones. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

In this draft in particular I don't really see a tremendous amount of difference between the caliber of player you can get at pick 4 or pick 10 tbh. 

I'd probably value the Giants more b/c they pick in front of Carolina at 5, and ahead of Atlanta + denver at 8 + 9 assuming the Giants don't move on from Daniel Jones. 

It all depends. If another team covets someone in the top 4, and is willing to overpay, then 4 becomes tremendously valuable. It is not the price that you judge by, it is what is someone willing to pay.

The point value chart says Giants by a hair

However, I would rather have 4 and 10.

Look at the players we are talking about at #10. Theyre the same players we all wanted at 7. So same thing it is for those two picks.

Now 4 and 5. We may miss out on the 3rd edge rusher. And teams may want to jump Carolina, NYG, Atl, and Den for a QB. The 4 teams right behind us need a QB.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

It’s been 3 years of Daniel Jones. Most Jets fans were ready to kiss Darnold good bye after 3 years and we all look back and say it was the right decision.

Sam Darnold through 3 years

Total Yards: 8,514, Total TDs: 50, Total Turnovers: 46

Daniel Jones

Total Yards: 9,398, Total TDs: 50, Total Turnovers: 40

Daniel Jones isn’t the complete bust Sam is but he’s not much better. Turnover prone and cant stay healthy. Both have been injured every year and inly played 38 games through 3 years.

• Upvote 1

I think where the Jets and Giants will end up competing isn’t necessarily to pick the same player but to trade back in the draft with a team that wants to take the first QB off the board.

Theres no Top 3 QB. Is there a team desperate enough to see Pickett, Corral or someone else worthy of Top 5, Top 10?

The Combine will tell us a lot. Somebody usually shoots up the board somehow. There will likely be a quarterback some team reaches and comes up the board to get. 

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

It’s been 3 years of Daniel Jones. Most Jets fans were ready to kiss Darnold good bye after 3 years and we all look back and say it was the right decision.

Sam Darnold through 3 years

Total Yards: 8,514, Total TDs: 50, Total Turnovers: 46

Daniel Jones

Total Yards: 9,398, Total TDs: 50, Total Turnovers: 40

Daniel Jones isn’t the complete bust Sam is but he’s not much better. Turnover prone and cant stay healthy. Both have been injured every year and inly played 38 games through 3 years.

I agree - I just think the difference is if we had this draft class last year Sam would still be our QB. I don't think Daniel Jones is the answer - but I'd rather roll the dice with him next year than reach and grab a Matt Corrall at 5 or 7. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I would rather 5 and 7.

indeed.

now what is the over/under on the number of busts from 2022 picks 4, 5, 7 & 10?   Hard to say with Gettlemen out of the equation, but if he were still there, I'd be comfortable saying 3/4 bust.  

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

#4 is going to be a hot spot for a QB trade up. I'd rather that and have #10 than the value 5 and 7 provide. The Giants will be happy with their 2 picks if they don't want a QB though.

Do you really think a QB is going to be drafted that high this year?  Or is that just wishful thinking?

Yeah what got Sam gone was the chance to get Trevor got the GM looking around and eventually Zach popped up and they were sold on him, so sayonara Sammy.  I highly doubt that was the original plan and most likely they were planning on keeping Sam and hoping he would figure it out/somebody would become available.  Jones may survive just because nobody is worth making the change for yet.  Could happen at any time, but for right now he's safe.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Do you really think a QB is going to be drafted that high this year?  Or is that just wishful thinking?

I think IF a QB is going to go high, we'll be the spot to trade into. I've seen plenty of Mocks with Pickett in the top 10, wouldn't shock me if he rose up over the offseason. I think Washington at 11 may want to jump the Giants at 5 or possibly the Falcons at 8 looking to jump the Panthers at 6.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I agree - I just think the difference is if we had this draft class last year Sam would still be our QB. I don't think Daniel Jones is the answer - but I'd rather roll the dice with him next year than reach and grab a Matt Corrall at 5 or 7. 

Yea I think their options will be Daniel Jones of Russell Wilson. All of us fans should be hyping up that the Giants are looking QB so we can spark some rumors, we have the power!