Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Meh, I wanted him but weird he went with Lions on a 1 year deal. I guess he had higher expectations and this was the best he got?

Yeah makes no sense to me why he went there. Usually you take a one year deal so you can get a bigger deal next year, might be hard to produce in the worst offense in the league lol 

9 hours ago, Joejet said:

Just out of curiosity, are there any players that you actually like?

Don't ask him that question, he'll give you a book on predator Watson...  Tom Shane is not becoming, he is the new SAR1.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

This was a big miss with other IDLs now off the board.  The Jets run D was horrific last year and we have only gotten worse with Fatukasi leaving.

Everyone talks edge but tough to rush the passer if you are getting gauged up the middle.  

You definitely can find a Run stopping IDL in the later round of the draft. Jets have done good job with that one thing over the years. 

• Upvote 1

DT and LB are both huge question marks that we don’t want to be forced to take too early in the draft with needs at Edge, WR, TE and a possible move to take Sauce in round 1.

Rankins was near the bottom of PFF ratings and none of us have seen enough of our converted safeties to feel like they are the answers.  

Love what JD is doing on O but very surprised he didn’t make a more aggressive day 1 move here with most of the top targets now off the board.  Both positions have been in a reasonable $10M per year range.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I'll preface what I'm about to say by saying it's still early in the offseason. 

The one thing I'm concerned about so far is that the Jets have not done one thing at WR to improve upon the group. If they run it back with the same WR group and a rookie I think they're doing a disservice to Zach's development. 

Davis is basically in the final year of his deal bc he has less than $1 million guaranteed next year. His presence this year should not prohibit them from going after Allen Robinson or being aggressive in the trade market. Counting on guys to get healthy from one year to the next as a strategy for improving your roster is a terrible idea.  The Jets need to do something big to give Zach a top tier target. 

I'd be shocked if JD doesn't upgrade us at WR.  However, he did at least bring back Berrios and I think Uzomah has to help the passing game overall (though he's not a "WR").  As of right now, it seems pretty obvious (though I've been wrong before - lol) that JD is thinking WR in the draft.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Meh, I wanted him but weird he went with Lions on a 1 year deal. I guess he had higher expectations and this was the best he got?

He knows the Jets will have more cap room in 2023, so he's just biding his time.