Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Williams PFF score was 80. Maye was 55. I think it's a little closer than that. But Williams is definitely better. 
But the biggest difference is that Williams is 25. Maye is 29 (and that's ignoring the Achilles injury). 

Maye was much better than 55 the prior year though, if I'm remembering correctly.

I'm struggling to get there on a cap allocation this large for a safety, regardless.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

When we played Jacksonville I remember thinking that Myles Jack looked washed. However he really had 0 help on that defense. 

He definitely gives off an “old 26” type of vibe. Might have just been that he was the only piece on a bad team. Knowing the answer would require research and scouting, JD’s free agency track record isn’t great.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He definitely gives off an “old 26” type of vibe. Might have just been that he was the only piece on a bad team. Knowing the answer would require research and scouting, JD’s free agency track record isn’t great.

Also, two years ago PFF had him as the 15th best linebacker in the NFL. He moves around a lot, and shifted from the inside to the outside. I'm sure Salah can find the right spot for him.

• Upvote 2

Also Connor Hughes, who despite having the brain of a golden retriever is usually fairly well sourced, said on his podcast that the Jets seem to be lined up to take Icky or Thibs at 4. Icky's appeal is he's Douglas' dream player and Hughes says that the Jets feel the Thib issues aren't any sort of big deal.  FWIW

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Asymmetrical said:

Also Connor Hughes, who despite having the brain of a golden retriever is usually fairly well sourced, said on his podcast that the Jets seem to be lined up to take Icky or Thibs at 4. Icky's appeal is he's Douglas' dream player and Hughes says that the Jets feel the Thib issues aren't any sort of big deal.  FWIW

Did he say how Ike would fit on the line? What position would he play?

4 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Didn't Jack come out of college with a bone on bone thing in his knee? Or am I confusing him with someone else.

yeah potential micro fracture surgery or something like that. think he's had injury to knee since being in NFL... worth a look if the knee checked out and the FO did homework on his play/physical ability

5 minutes ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

I think it was Jaylon Smith who the Cowboys picked in the second round with the knee problem but not 100% sure.......

different guy and different injury ... Smith had some nerve damage I believe. why he experienced "drop foot" for a while

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

I think it was Jaylon Smith who the Cowboys picked in the second round with the knee problem but not 100% sure.......

They both fell to the 2nd rd for medical reasons.  Jack’s turned out to be not as serious as originally thought. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Blond golden or red golden? Blond are usually very smart. Red are a bit loopy but the sweetest dog you will have.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Didn't Jack come out of college with a bone on bone thing in his knee? Or am I confusing him with someone else.

Yup. He was going to be a top 10 pick but for that.  Part of the reason we drafted the Tiny LBer instead. Jack fell to the 2nd round and played well early on getting that big contract but then fell off a cliff.  Don't know if it's the knee or complacency. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Did he say how Ike would fit on the line? What position would he play?

something to the effect of he's not sure how that would work, whether they deal Becton or have a 3 man competition and the loser is a swing tackle for the year. I think that part was more conjecture since he seems like the type of player Joe D goes gaga for. The Thibs part he said he asked around about. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Yup. He was going to be a top 10 pick but for that.  Part of the reason we drafted the Tiny LBer instead. Jack fell to the 2nd round and played well early on getting that big contract but then fell off a cliff.  Don't know if it's the knee or complacency. 

He had pretty good season the year before this year. Maybe that urban meyer scheme played role in his poor year 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

This!!!  And with LaFleur showing a lot of creativity I could see him putting Patterson in the backfield, the slot,

out wide and even as a detached TE.  Eleven combined TD's is nothing to sneeze at

True. 

however foolish is he who tries to replicate an outlier season in another location.  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

All would depend on contract.  If you can get him for a reasonable contract with low guarantees, give him a chance to make the roster.  If someone is willing to pay big bucks with some pretty good guarantees, let him go eslewhere.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

That feels like a “we’ll give you some good names for free agency and then completely misdirect you for the draft”. Unless they have a Becton trade lined up or Thibodeaux absolutely blew them away repeatedly in interviews and they got awesome feedback on him from Oregon.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, derp said:

That feels like a “we’ll give you some good names for free agency and then completely misdirect you for the draft”. Unless they have a Becton trade lined up or Thibodeaux absolutely blew them away repeatedly in interviews.

Yeah, both of those names were a little surprising. I don't get the sense that they're ready to dump Becton yet.

2 minutes ago, derp said:

That feels like a “we’ll give you some good names for free agency and then completely misdirect you for the draft”. Unless they have a Becton trade lined up or Thibodeaux absolutely blew them away repeatedly in interviews and they got awesome feedback on him from Oregon.

KT flat out thinks jets are drafting him. He says they want him and said interviews have been Great and he wants to be here guess we will see how it plays out. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, derp said:

That feels like a “we’ll give you some good names for free agency and then completely misdirect you for the draft”. Unless they have a Becton trade lined up or Thibodeaux absolutely blew them away repeatedly in interviews.

I’d be shocked if they took Thibodeaux. Profiles as the definition of a high maintenance player.

• Upvote 2