Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

A couple of weeks ago, I’d have thought the same.

Now?

Hm.

Or we could sign Chandler Jones or Von Miller and take the pressure off drafting one high in the 1st.  AFAIK there hasn't been a whisper of us doing that, but it would be a story.  That would completely free us up to take Gardner (or whoever is the best CB at the time) at 4 if we wanted.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Counter Argument:  Robert Griffin III was a guy who REALLY cared about his personal "brand".

Turns out, guys who care only about their personal brand and bad leaders, have no promise to produce and are usually total dickwads to boot.

Not saying not to pick Thibs.  Just saying I'm often wary of guys who even HAVE a "personal brand", much less only care about that brand (over his team and teammates).  I don't know if that is Thibs, but if it is, it's a red flag to me.

Plus he has that concern and it’s not like he had 27 sacks and had insane testing numbers.  

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Counter Argument:  Robert Griffin III was a guy who REALLY cared about his personal "brand".

Turns out, guys who care only about their personal brand and bad leaders, have no promise to produce and are usually total dickwads to boot.

Not saying not to pick Thibs.  Just saying I'm often wary of guys who even HAVE a "personal brand", much less only care about that brand (over his team and teammates).  I don't know if that is Thibs, but if it is, it's a red flag to me.

I hear you. I’m just thinking that if he turns out to be Mark Gastineau, it wouldn’t be the worst thing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We will see if the Browns are as dumb as the Jets were with Sanchez.

Tanny and Rex signed Sanchez to that phat extension after they failed in pursuit of Manning.  Maybe the Browns will sooth fakers feelings by giving him a fat contract as well.....or are they that dumb?

Hope not, I have enjoyed watching the Browns succeed after so many years of failure.

Baker only really plays well when he has Chubb or Hunt to bail him out, and I think the Browns know it.

31 minutes ago, slats said:

The controversy seems to be that he cares more about his own personal brand than the sport, but I’d think a guy who cares about his brand that much might be pretty excited to base his operations in NY. That said, Jets could also be feigning some interest in the hopes that he goes top three, too. 

To that end I almost wonder if he’s hearing what he wants to hear regarding the Jets’ interest in him.

Theres absolutely a distinction between issues with work ethic and the Saleh quote about there being a difference between guys who love football and guys who like what football brings them. Even if Thibodeaux has a good work ethic he very, very much seems to fall in the “likes what football brings them” category. Which doesn’t make him a bad person, but does make me question the Jets’ interest. Especially when you layer in the heavy emphasis on character we’ve seen this free agency period.

I think they’ll hit a point they can try to bring those kinds of guys in too once they start winning and have a good locker room, but don’t think they’re there quite yet.

I guess what makes it tricky is I don’t think he’s an off the board type so risk has to meet upside somewhere. I don’t think it’s at four, but I could be wrong. The skill set is really valuable.

16 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Nah there's a concerning pattern.  Oregon people said he didn't practice or play his hair on fire, took plays off, he told teams he was going to do drills at the combine and then simply changed his mind.  I'm not saying I don't want him but those things are very concerning.

If KT took as many play off as people tried to make it seem. he would not have been the projected #1 guy in his class for 3 straight years. KT said he wanted to do both LB and DE drills one time which is why he opted out. The amount of players that opted of drills this year was high. Im not saying  it was right but it is what it is . Its Part of the business. He did the hardest part which was the physical testing and did really well.  Between pro days and visits im sure teams will get everything else they want to know. 

for me your biggest issue with  KT .  If he lives up to his potential . He is Keyshawn and Revis again. He isnt giving any discount. 

13 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

We should have had a deal done with Foley 18 months ago. Foolish. 

I think the Georgia DT's, particularly Jordan Davis are very much in play at #10. Bring your PTSD lads. 

DL is as important to Saleh as OL has been to Douglas.

Let's not listen to what people say, but watch what they do.

In the past two seasons the Jets have gone OL with the #11 and #14 overall picks.  On DL they have used what, a 3rd on Zuniga and a 7th round pick on Jonathan Marshall?   Let's not dismiss the idea that the Jets go DL twice within the #4, #10, #35, and #38 picks.... especially if the Jets make a big move in Secondary in FA.