Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

This GM will never go the extra mile for his team......and we all wonder why we are mired in the bottom of the league swamp every year

so how much should he overpay to get him here?  he took less money to go to a better team.  thats how it is

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol i wont lie i would of match that . He is only 25 and he entering his prime.

If you match that he’s probably going to Baltimore for the same money, right? Question is how much you’d go above, and how much above does it take for him to choose the Jets.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

The rare Idzik pick still in the league. 

4 of 7 guys from his 2013 draft are still in the league (Sheldon, Geno, Aboushi and Winters), or at least still were at the end of the season.  That is pretty good for a 9 year old draft class.

• Upvote 2

One thing to keep in mind with Watson and the Falcons, supposedly Watson is very close to Arthur Blank, almost like a son to him. If this could play out, they would have to get Ryan to waive no trade clause. That’s where the Colts could come in. Have 60mm in cap space, and have been very quiet. This is strictly me putting this out there, have not heard it anywhere.Would you rather have Ryan or Jimmy G? Easy answer.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The franchise tag for a safety is 10.6 mil.

Is Marcus Williams so much better than recently tagged Jesse Bates? - is he even better at all? Genuine question.

This should be interesting to watch. The LT3 & Uzomah contracts were obvious from needs/fits and we paid the appropriate free agent premium. 

Getting Berrios back on that deal was a good piece of business.

Marcus Williams is the interesting watch - if he signs somewhere else for 15 mil a season, I'll be happy we didn't bite. If he signs here for 10 mil a season, I can't say it's what I'd do, but I wouldn't vilify it either - we would've gotten better and it's not a massive overpay.

I just thought we learned this lesson, though. 

Well... you post something, and then the guy signs somewhere else.

But yea, @ 14 mil, I'm happy to pass.

Good luck, Ravens, with your ridiculously talented secondary and questionable pass rush during an era of football defined by pass interference calls.

"Have fun stormin' the castle!"

Hearing through the mill money was similar if not better and just chose the Ravens.  If so, can't knock JD for that in this moment, since it's more a reflection where the team is.  That's where the winning comes in, start winning more and it's one less thing talented players have to worry about.  My obsession with FA safety is more to avoid spending draft capital before round 3, so hoping we land a decent starter.  If not, it is what it is?‍♂️

1 minute ago, derp said:

If you match that he’s probably going to Baltimore for the same money, right? Question is how much you’d go above, and how much above does it take for him to choose the Jets.

I was comfortable with 15 and u could probably talked me into 16.  It cool though there still some good young safeties out there. Eho should be substantially less

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Well... you post something, and then the guy signs somewhere else.

But yea, @ 14 mil, I'm happy to pass.

Good luck, Ravens, with your ridiculously talented secondary and questionable pass rush during an era of football defined by pass interference calls.

"Have fun stormin' the castle!"

Bates would definitely have gotten 15 or better in this market . 

Just now, long time suffering Jets f said:

It’s the Jet stigma of a loser organization. Not all but many free agents are scared off by that and will use the Jets to drive up the price only to go somewhere else. Remember Kirk Cousins? Only when this team starts to compete and win on a regular basis will the players come and play for us.

That’s exactly right.

11 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

this is my guess. 

not everyone is about money. so you wanna play with a 4 win team and a shakey QB or do you want to play with a team that wins every year with Lamar Jackson and have a chance to win the SB.

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The safety situation is being blown out of proportion. In fact, Joe’s resistance on this one might be his finest moment yet.

We DO have safeties on the roster and it’s one of the deeper positions in the draft. Safety is not a position to get caught up bidding on 

Bizarre sense of need from some Jets Fans

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

You can't get everyone you want.  This one hurts but it happens.  Joe Douglas will not overpay and will not mortgage future flexibility.  It's better in the long run.

Free agents aren't going to prioritize this team until we are good, meaning we have to draft well and Zach needs to light it up at some point. 

We are prob talking about moving a million here or there which take care of itself with a cut or two 

Tbere is being fiscally disciplined and borderline stubborn and it’s pretty clear JD trends that borderline 

For the same money, Marcus Williams is going to choose John Harbaugh and the Ravens history over Robert Saleh and the Jets history. If I'm Marcus Williams, I would take slightly less to play in Baltimore than in NY. When we start winning games, players will come to New York. The only way this happens is with consistently good drafts, and smart free agent signings. This year's signings are a good sign. We didn't have to overpay for anyone so far. 

• Upvote 4