Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

4 of 7 guys from his 2013 draft are still in the league (Sheldon, Geno, Aboushi and Winters), or at least still were at the end of the season.  That is pretty good for a 9 year old draft class.

The hyped Idzik 12 definitely impacts how he’s remembered. I think Dozier is the only one left.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

Also Connor Hughes, who despite having the brain of a golden retriever is usually fairly well sourced, said on his podcast that the Jets seem to be lined up to take Icky or Thibs at 4. Icky's appeal is he's Douglas' dream player and Hughes says that the Jets feel the Thib issues aren't any sort of big deal.  FWIW

I think Thibs if he drops is a smoke screen for anyone wanting him at #4. There is no way with the type of player JD wants to bring to this team would he draft a player that could be Adams type baggage. I'd rather him take JJ or Walker

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

I think Thibs if he drops is a smoke screen for anyone wanting him at #4. There is no way with the type of player JD wants to bring to this team would he draft a player that could be Adams type baggage. I'd rather him take JJ or Walker

No way hell im taking walker over KT.. walker isnt a good pass rusher at all right now. More of run stopper despite his measurables.

Marcus Williams was my number one target after Laken Tomlinson.

But you cant go putting $70 mil into safety. JD stood behind his playbook and didn't overpay for a guy at a non premium position. 

Also, if you're overly mad at JD about not signing him, you better not be criticizing folks asking for Hamilton top 10... Ya bunch of hypocrites! 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Why is it so hard for some to understand.  It is free agency.  The player is making the decision.  You make what you beleive is a fair offer, maybe even stretch above what you want at times, but if the player chooses another team, you can't stop him.

Williams is a good player.  He chose another team.  It happens.

Exactly. Hopefully the Jets are a desirable location someday and we can play “I would’ve matched that”, but that’s definitely not the current reality.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Would love to add Jones, but I have to assume we are a longshot.  32 years old, I would assume Jones would want one last shot at another ring, rather than a rebuilding Jets team.

Maybe he has deep resentment towards the Pats and wants to take it out on Aunt Berniece. 

• Haha 2