Let's talk picks 35 and 38....

22 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Swear to god if Drake London's name was Jake Brundon, he doesn't get drafted in the first round. 

I thought Joe Douglas was all-in on some cliched analogy about speed, pipes and pressure.

Would it surprise anyone at all if Blake Chundon runs a 4.8? 

If we take this Gianluigi Donnarumma-esque goalkeeper masquerading as a receiver over an edge rusher...

This isn't what I would do. this is what I predict will happen. 

Drake London isn't talentless by the way. he's a real person 

Screen-Shot-2022-03-03-at-07.10.51-1231x

Im a huge fan of George Pickens being an excellent value at either of these spots.  I wouldnt hate a WR in the first but if we go elsewhere with our early picks, Id love to see him in the second round.

Perrion Winfrey and Travis Jones would also be excellent value picks.  Both could be really big contributors as DTs and provide nice value for the position at those spots.

I also really like Chad Muma, but im not sure if that is too early for him.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Since I'm taking Sauce at 4 and Johnson at 10, I'd take Dotson at 35 and McBride at 38.

Pretty solid move IMO.  Dotson would be my choice if we drafting a 6ft receiver. 

grab a Pickens or a Ross (if checks out) later 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

London has enough quickness to be effective and there are plenty of ways you can use him/line him up to help create space for him if needed. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Appreciate the post but let's see his athletic testing.

If he tests even remotely like this @ his pro day...

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Brandon&l=Marshall&i=7444

But B Marsh is 20 lbs heavier too... and put up 28 reps and ran a 4.54.

17 hours ago, jetsons said:

You left out Chad Muma who I see as being better in coverage than Harris... & Christian Watson who I can see going in the upper 2nd rd... also I wouldn't consider Any running back in the 2nd rd. 

That would be outstanding.

• Upvote 1

I think it very much depends what happens at 4 and 10.

But I think CB, DT, S, and LB are very much in play -- Zion Johnson had been a prime target for me originally but with the Tomlinson signing that seems unlikely. I'm assuming we take a WR at 10 but if we don't take one in the first I can't imagine we don't take someone here.

Elam, Hill, Harris, and Winfrey are on my radar on defense and are probably my preferred players at CB, S, LB, and DT.

I love McBride but TE seems unlikely given the two we signed -- I think whoever we draft at 35 and 38 will be intended to be contributors right away. TE in the 3rd or 4th seems very possible.

17 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

When I do a mock...I consistently use 35 & 38 for RB Breece Hall and DT Devonte Wyatt if they're available.  

JD signed OT Tomlinson to upgrade the OL,  for the purpose of establishing a stronger run attack.  Which will help take some pressure off of Zach Wilson in operating the offense.  An essential feature of a Shanahan style WCO,  is to establish a strong running game.  That would allow ZW to more effectively execute play action off of it.  Quick releasing passes to the upgraded TEs...and hopefully an upgraded WR unit to.  Breece Hall would be an excellent compliment to Michael Carter.  Hall is an excellent athlete with explosive 4.39 speed.  Also a good receiver.  Any time he can get to the second level, he can take it for a huge gain or to the House. 

Download video

Part of that historic Georgia defense...Devonte Wyatt would be an excellent upgrade over Sheldon Rankins.  He's a very quick (4.77 forty) agile tackle that can penetrate gaps and be solid against the run. 

Download video

Hadn't watched Breece Hall before, holy macaroni that is a fast instinctual RB with a great OL.  It would be hard to argue with the pick at 35/38 if running in the NFL looks anything like that for him.

That being said statistics have basically shown RB's are one of the most statistically low WAR positions in football.

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We have talked picks 4 and 10 to death, picks where you should not only come away with a starter but impact if not pro bowl level players.  However our two early 2nd rounders are very important to this team as well if the jets are going to close the gap talent wise on other teams.  Here are players listed from 30 to 50 on my draft average rankings spreadsheet.  I removed he QBs in that range. (33,34,46)

Who do you all like from this list?  Or others you feel will be inn our wheel house?

30 - Roger McCreary - CB - Auburn

31 - Jahan Dotson - WR - Penn State

32 - Kaiir Elam - CB - Florida

35 - Logan Hall - Edge Houston

36 - Daxton Hill - S - Michigan

37 - Bernhard Raimann - OT - Cent Michigan

38 - Christian Harris  - ILB - Alabama

39 - Trey McBride - TE - Colorado State

40 - Drake Jackson - Edge - USC

41 - Zion Johnson = OG/C - Boston College

42 - Isaiah Spiller - RB - Texas A&M

43 - Kyler Gordon - CB - Washington

44 - Breece Hall - RB - Iowa State

45 - Kenneth Walker - R - Michigan State

47 - Jaquan Brisker - S - Penn State

48 - Arnold Ebiketie - Edge - Penn State

49 - Perrion Winfrey - DE/DT - Oklahoma

50 - Devonte Wyatt - DT - Georgia

Ok let’s talk but first, where’s the beer?