Let's talk picks 35 and 38....

We have talked picks 4 and 10 to death, picks where you should not only come away with a starter but impact if not pro bowl level players.  However our two early 2nd rounders are very important to this team as well if the jets are going to close the gap talent wise on other teams.  Here are players listed from 30 to 50 on my draft average rankings spreadsheet.  I removed he QBs in that range. (33,34,46)

Who do you all like from this list?  Or others you feel will be inn our wheel house?

30 - Roger McCreary - CB - Auburn

31 - Jahan Dotson - WR - Penn State

32 - Kaiir Elam - CB - Florida

35 - Logan Hall - Edge Houston

36 - Daxton Hill - S - Michigan

37 - Bernhard Raimann - OT - Cent Michigan

38 - Christian Harris  - ILB - Alabama

39 - Trey McBride - TE - Colorado State

40 - Drake Jackson - Edge - USC

41 - Zion Johnson = OG/C - Boston College

42 - Isaiah Spiller - RB - Texas A&M

43 - Kyler Gordon - CB - Washington

44 - Breece Hall - RB - Iowa State

45 - Kenneth Walker - R - Michigan State

47 - Jaquan Brisker - S - Penn State

48 - Arnold Ebiketie - Edge - Penn State

49 - Perrion Winfrey - DE/DT - Oklahoma

50 - Devonte Wyatt - DT - Georgia

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

What about Breece at 38? 

I wouldnt be upset with Hall and McBride but I really dont think RB is necessary that high.  I really like some of the mid to late round guys this year.  Walker, Cook, Spiller, Pierce.  So my preference if Dotson and McBride can be had at 35/38, would be to go that route and wait for a RB.  Carter is a dude.  He really just needs a compliment.  And this is a system that has thrived in the RBC world without having to commit high end resources to do it.  They've invested in OL and good blocking TE's, I think it's going to be more about the line and scheme than the player.  Hell, when the line was cooking, Perine stepped and played great in spot work.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Trey McBride and Breece Hall.

End thread.

Are those really the best options?  This is a deep TE class so do we really need to spend a 2nd rounder on one?  And RB feels like another position you can always get later on.  I feel like neither of your choices are the direction JD will go.  

I'm no draft expert but, from what I've read, I wouldn't mind any of these names (obviously depending on what we do in the 1st round):

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

4 - Sauce, only player available at 4 that has the talent and positional value worth of 4th

10 - Jermaine Johnson II

35 - Christian Harris 

38- Christian Watson

Malpractice if our only offensive player in the first two rounds is Watson. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Since I'm taking Sauce at 4 and Johnson at 10, I'd take Dotson at 35 and McBride at 38.

Yes.

20 minutes ago, PS17 said:

What about Breece at 38? 

Our scheme is famous for turning late picks and UDFAs into workhorses. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jetscanes331 said:

I came away from the combine really impressed with Dotson. Would love to scoop him if we go double defense in the first.

Assuming we don't trade down (which I think JD would prefer to do), I could see him doing something like:

4: Edge (I'm guessing Walker)

10: Sauce (if he falls here)

35: WR (Dotson?)

38:  LB?  S?  DT?  OL?

3rd round: One of the options we didn't take at 38

4th round: TE

4th round: RB

There should be enough TE depth in this draft to still get a guy with some talent in the 4th plus there are usually talented RBs there as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We have talked picks 4 and 10 to death, picks where you should not only come away with a starter but impact if not pro bowl level players.  However our two early 2nd rounders are very important to this team as well if the jets are going to close the gap talent wise on other teams.  Here are players listed from 30 to 50 on my draft average rankings spreadsheet.  I removed he QBs in that range. (33,34,46)

Who do you all like from this list?  Or others you feel will be inn our wheel house?

30 - Roger McCreary - CB - Auburn

32 - Kaiir Elam - CB - Florida

35 - Logan Hall - Edge Houston

36 - Daxton Hill - S - Michigan

38 - Christian Harris  - ILB - Alabama

39 - Trey McBride - TE - Colorado State

40 - Drake Jackson - Edge - USC

42 - Isaiah Spiller - RB - Texas A&M

43 - Kyler Gordon - CB - Washington

44 - Breece Hall - RB - Iowa State

45 - Kenneth Walker - R - Michigan State

48 - Arnold Ebiketie - Edge - Penn State

49 - Perrion Winfrey - DE/DT - Oklahoma

You left out Chad Muma who I see as being better in coverage than Harris... & Christian Watson who I can see going in the upper 2nd rd... also I wouldn't consider Any running back in the 2nd rd. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, slats said:

These are, literally, the two lowest valued positions in the league. Lower than safety. They just signed two starting caliber TEs, too. Meanwhile, the team has its biggest needs at two of the highest valued positions in the league: Edge and WR. If either (or -gulp!- both) aren’t addressed in the first, they’ll need to be addressed here. LB is another big need at a more valuable position, too. 

I’m hoping they sign one of these free agent RBs in the coming days, eliminating that issue before the draft. 

The voice of reason.  

Is this a John Lennon reference btw?

image.png.109c598163417d31637252fa8a1f985d.png

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, slats said:

These are, literally, the two lowest valued positions in the league. Lower than safety. They just signed two starting caliber TEs, too. Meanwhile, the team has its biggest needs at two of the highest valued positions in the league: Edge and WR. If either (or -gulp!- both) aren’t addressed in the first, they’ll need to be addressed here. LB is another big need at a more valuable position, too. 

I’m hoping they sign one of these free agent RBs in the coming days, eliminating that issue before the draft. 

End Thread?

• Haha 1